ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1065 of 2678
« First < 655659651015105510611062106310641065 106610671068106910751115116515652065 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:32 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It's insane watching Mahomes play

Video https://es.pn/2px9wOv
I clicked on a linked video of Kelce talking after the game.

lol'd at the end when Tyreek photobombed him and started getting down.
[Reply]
Sorce 09:40 AM 09-24-2018
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhf4k7Vx93k?t=23m10s
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:42 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Don’t mess with Mahomes:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...218909240.html

Lol leave it to Fisher to word things so diplomatically and nicely.

What he should have said: “We may not be able to throw the ball 70 yards, but we WILL protect our QB who can do that at all costs.”
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:50 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes was pumped up and put just a little too much on a couple of passes that would have been more TD's on his total.

When you look at how Garappola missed on his passes (by a mile) and Mahomes ( by less than a foot) you can't come down too hard on Mahomes. We can't expect him to be perfect.

It seems he needs to get the individual speeds down for the receiver- He throws them all Cheetah speed. But he has done great spreading the ball around to 9 different guys for scores, so I think his timing will get better.
Honestly, the fact that Mahomes has missed on all of his over-the-defense bombs is something I find rather amusing.

HE could easily have 1100 yards and 16 TD's just by hitting a few of them.

He's not going to keep missing them.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:51 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Lol leave it to Fisher to word things so diplomatically and nicely.

What he should have said: “We may not be able to throw the ball 70 yards, but we WILL protect our QB who can do that at all costs.”
I haven't seen my OL protect a QB like that since Montana was here.

They were ready to kill a fool.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:51 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Sorce:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhf4k7Vx93k?t=23m10s
Mahomes discussion starts around minute 23...
[Reply]
chinaski 10:01 AM 09-24-2018
Ya know, a lot of those Chuck Norris facts/jokes can apply to Mahomes as well...and they are both from Texas.

Patrick Mahomes doesn't wear a condom, because there is no protection from Patrick Mahomes.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep at night he checks his closet for Patrick Mahomes.

They once made a "Patrick Mahomes" brand toilet paper, but it wouldn't take shit from anybody.

Patrick Mahomes doesn't churn butter. He throws a football at the cows and the butter comes straight out.

And so on...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:05 AM 09-24-2018
I don't know about you guys, but of all the threads that I've ever encountered here, there is not one that has brought as much joy to my life as this one.

When life throws something difficult at you, just go to the Patrick Mahomes thread and everything will be okay. It sure makes Mondays a lot more palatable.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:06 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Reid's press conference after the game today seemed to take a little shot at Alex Smith (and other game manager QB's). He said it's very hard to go on 75 yard drives in the NFL and that your chance of scoring goes way down when you try to dink and dunk your way down the field every time.

He said you need a lot of chunk plays or explosive plays and that he is trying to incorporate more of that in the offense this year. :-)
I dunno - this is pretty much common sense. There's just more chances for a stop in a 12-play drive.

On that NFL Prime show on NFLN (which is growing on me) - Deion said he'd do everything to take away the long ball and try to force us to dink and dunk more.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:07 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't know about you guys, but of all the threads that I've ever encountered here, there is not one that has brought as much joy to my life as this one.

When life throws something difficult at you, just go to the Patrick Mahomes thread and everything will be okay. It sure makes Mondays a lot more palatable.

[Reply]
DRM08 10:13 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I dunno - this is pretty much common sense. There's just more chances for a stop in a 12-play drive.

On that NFL Prime show on NFLN (which is growing on me) - Deion said he'd do everything to take away the long ball and try to force us to dink and dunk more.
Of course it’s common sense, but still surprised to see Andy go that direction with his comments.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:17 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Honestly, the fact that Mahomes has missed on all of his over-the-defense bombs is something I find rather amusing.

HE could easily have 1100 yards and 16 TD's just by hitting a few of them.

He's not going to keep missing them.
He led the Chiefs on 6 scoring drives and without a momentum-killing drop by Harris that changed the game- it would have been 7 drives.

Should be Offensive MVP again this week.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:21 AM 09-24-2018
Of course it’s common sense, but still surprised to see Andy go that direction with his comments.
I'm not.

I remember watching McNabb and Vick in Philly. I remember Vick to Jackson.

The whole idea that the super dink and dunk offense was what Andy wanted and not simply what the QB was capable of was always wrong.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:25 AM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I'm not.

I remember watching McNabb and Vick in Philly. I remember Vick to Jackson.

The whole idea that the super dink and dunk offense was what Andy wanted and not simply what the QB was capable of was always wrong.
Oh I remember it as well. Vick/DJ were awesome together and that was a very short time period. Mahomes and Tyreek could be torching the league for the next decade. Scary thought for other NFL coaches and GM’s.

But I’m surprised Andy kind of threw Alex under the bus. Didn’t expect that one to happen, though I suppose drafting Mahomes during Alex’s prime could be viewed as throwing him under the bus in the first place.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:31 AM 09-24-2018
Oh I remember it as well. Vick/DJ were awesome together and that was a very short time period. Mahomes and Tyreek could be torching the league for the next decade. Scary thought for other NFL coaches and GM’s.

But I’m surprised Andy kind of threw Alex under the bus. Didn’t expect that one to happen, though I suppose drafting Mahomes during Alex’s prime could be viewed as throwing him under the bus in the first place.
I don't think it was intended to throw shade on Alex.

Look, the offense is much improved with Mahomes. When they ask you WHY, there's not really a good way to answer. Either you're not giving Mahomes any credit, or you're throwing Alex under the bus.

There's not really a politically correct middle-ground that I know of other than a complete non-answer.

I think it's really telling that Reid doesn't sandbag for Mahomes. His rhetoric doesn't really do much to 'calm the hype'. That's unusual for ANY head coach and a young QB.
[Reply]
Page 1065 of 2678
« First < 655659651015105510611062106310641065 106610671068106910751115116515652065 > Last »
Up