ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 256 of 286
« First < 156206246252253254255256 257258259260266 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:33 AM 04-11-2022
I watched a psychological horror on HBO Max called The Night House. It was interesting, though I'm still not sure what to make of the ending.

Spoiler!

HBO Max also has basically every DC animated film ever created and I've been burning through those. DC animation is generally very good and light years beyond their live-action universe. I've enjoyed most of them I've watched: Justice League, Batman, even Teen Titans. Only issue I've had with them is I absolutely despise Damian Wayne. Kid is a little shit.

A couple that really stood out to me were the Long Halloween: Part One and Part Two. I really liked those, very dark and gritty.
[Reply]
Stryker 05:00 PM 04-11-2022
Watched "Death on the Nile" it was ok but DAMN! the cinematography was incredible! Will check out The Night House, All the Old Knives and Deep Water per your recommendations.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:08 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I watched a psychological horror on HBO Max called The Night House. It was interesting, though I'm still not sure what to make of the ending.

Spoiler!

HBO Max also has basically every DC animated film ever created and I've been burning through those. DC animation is generally very good and light years beyond their live-action universe. I've enjoyed most of them I've watched: Justice League, Batman, even Teen Titans. Only issue I've had with them is I absolutely despise Damian Wayne. Kid is a little shit.

A couple that really stood out to me were the Long Halloween: Part One and Part Two. I really liked those, very dark and gritty.
I really liked The Night House. I thought they did a good job of
Spoiler!
lots of movies leave the ending open to our own interpretation, and I’m good with that. Also have to admit, I was kinda drunk by the ending so may not totally remember it.

Watched Hitmans Bodyguards Wife, and enjoyed it a lot. Also Death on the Nile was beautifully shot, my wife had it figured out about halfway through the movie though. Poirot doesn’t have shit on my wife, lmao.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:03 AM 04-15-2022
I watched Army of Thieves, which is the prequel to that zombie movie on Netflix from a couple years back called Army of the Dead. This one followed the German safe cracker. It was semi-entertaining but I can't say I'd really bother recommending.

Although Nathalie Emmanuel and Ruby O. Fee are SO fucking hot.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:28 AM 04-15-2022
Watched Metal Lords. Funny and soundtrack fit right into my high school days. Typical formulaic YA high school music comedy, but with a soundtrack more in my wheel house. Don't expect anything great, but it is fun. And the bassist reminds me VERY much of my ex-wife. lol

[Reply]
Buehler445 07:20 AM 04-16-2022
I watched the Courier last night. Goddamn.

Not the easiest watch ever but some really great performances.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:41 PM 04-16-2022
Death on the Nile was entertaining enough if you don't think much about the contrived murder plot.

What I liked most were the actor who plays Poirot, the friendship between Poirot and Bouc, and the fact that Russell Brand played someone totally normal.
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:56 PM 04-19-2022
Death on the Nile was entertaining enough if you don't think much about the contrived murder plot.

What I liked most were the actor who plays Poirot, the friendship between Poirot and Bouc, and the fact that Russell Brand played someone totally normal.
I thought you were joking about Russell Brand being in this. I watched it the other night and it never dawned on me that the doctor was Brand. Crazy. I thought it was a good movie, not as good as the first one, but still enjoyable.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:41 PM 04-19-2022
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
I thought you were joking about Russell Brand being in this. I watched it the other night and it never dawned on me that the doctor was Brand. Crazy. I thought it was a good movie, not as good as the first one, but still enjoyable.

I was shocked to see him when we watched it as well. I kept waiting for him to turn into a weirdo but he was straight the whole movie.

Maybe I grade him on a curve but I thought he did well.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:25 AM 04-20-2022
I watched Army of Thieves, which is the prequel to that zombie movie on Netflix from a couple years back called Army of the Dead. This one followed the German safe cracker. It was semi-entertaining but I can't say I'd really bother recommending.

Although Nathalie Emmanuel and Ruby O. Fee are SO ****ing hot.
t'will look it up - thks
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:03 PM 04-20-2022

Spoiler!

Wasn't a big fan of The Night House. I watched it a few days ago and ive already mostly forgotten it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:09 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Wasn't a big fan of The Night House. I watched it a few days ago and ive already mostly forgotten it.
Yeah, it wasn't great, but I thought it was interesting if you're into the psychological thrillers.

For me, there just wasn't enough scary in it. And I also hate the whole dream sequence bullshit. Is she dreaming this? Is it really happening? Once they pull that, the future scares have way less of an impact moving forward.
[Reply]
Danguardace 04:33 PM 04-20-2022

Saw this yesterday

FILM OF THE YEAR
[Reply]
sully1983 07:47 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by Danguardace:

Saw this yesterday

FILM OF THE YEAR
I can't wait to see this on the biggest screen possible with the most booming speakers imaginable! Alexander Skarsgaard's viking character looks like he could rip out Thor's spinal cord if he wanted to.:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:17 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by Danguardace:

Saw this yesterday

FILM OF THE YEAR
I've been excited about this forever, just on the pedigree, but have no idea what the execution will be like.

Don't spoil anything, but is there an analogous movie experience you can think of? Does it remind you of anything? Or is it a completely novel experience?
[Reply]
Page 256 of 286
« First < 156206246252253254255256 257258259260266 > Last »
Up