ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 251 of 286
« First < 151201241247248249250251 252253254255261 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Rausch 11:44 PM 12-25-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
We've been craving actual creativity and wit from Hollywood for a bit now. . .

Perhaps satire from A24 is an apt starting point.

Yes, that does look good.

And how is it that there's a David Bowie song for every movie? That man was a sorcerer supreme...
[Reply]
BWillie 01:00 AM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeearrrgghhhh!!!!!

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves reboot in Scandinavia?
[Reply]
Braincase 09:16 PM 12-27-2021
Don't Look Up

DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Streep, Jonah Hill, Ron Perlman, Cate Blanchet, Tyler Perry, Timothy Chalamet

Damn...

Just damn.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:14 PM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Braincase:
Don't Look Up

DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Streep, Jonah Hill, Ron Perlman, Cate Blanchet, Tyler Perry, Timothy Chalamet

Damn...

Just damn.
It was worth a watch. Not really that funny, more of a narrative of how stupid people could/can be.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:40 AM 12-29-2021
Originally Posted by Braincase:
Don't Look Up

Damn...

Just damn.
Yeah, this movie gave me a little anxiety as there were to many truths, although exaggerated, to our current human condition.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:39 AM 01-01-2022
Disappointed with Don't Look Up. There was a chance to make this a classic, but instead they were far too focused on making this a statement on politics in 2021, rather than an indictment of the human condition and our inability to agree on anything. Also, the writing wasn't good, and most of the jokes fell flat.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:42 AM 01-01-2022
Not new, but watched 'The Machinist' on Netflix. Wow, what a commitment by Bale to transform himself. Really good movie with a nice twist at the end.
[Reply]
eDave 05:07 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Disappointed with Don't Look Up. There was a chance to make this a classic, but instead they were far too focused on making this a statement on politics in 2021, rather than an indictment of the human condition and our inability to agree on anything. Also, the writing wasn't good, and most of the jokes fell flat.
I was wondering who the first vag would be. Didn't think it would be you.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:05 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
Its Adam McKay, of course its a woke mess and sucks ass... politics have eaten the humor out of him
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:19 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's a climate change parody that skewers the Republican party and it's supporters. Whether or not one finds it good is irrelevant to that being the meat and potatoes of it.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:04 AM 01-02-2022
Woke crap ruins everything
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:23 AM 01-02-2022
It's a climate change parody that skewers the Republican party and it's supporters. Whether or not one finds it good is irrelevant to that being the meat and potatoes of it.
Just watched the trailer and I see exactly how it will play out just by your comments here. I forget who it was that said something to the effect of once you finally see "it" it can't be unseen... they were talking about how people try to twist and interject politics into everything. And once you notice what they are doing it is so hard to come back and just enjoy being clueless again. It is so ****ing true. eDave enjoys being clueless but I can't blame him... ignorance is bliss.

I haven't watched it but for it to be fully accurate to the political situation(which it probably isn't) and sticking with the parody stuff, it should have been the Repubs with their head in the sand while the Dems try to spend all of the nations money on ridiculous ideas to stop the comet.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:23 AM 01-02-2022

I have to disagree about the "indictment of the human condition and our inability to agree on anything" bit. That's not a thing. People are followers, that's it. They like to think they're individual thinkers, but they're not. The story is always about who they are following, and why/where those people are leading. And it was not kind to some of our leaders.

Their is nothing "woke" about this movie. It's just straight anti-GOP/Q. I'm assuming the only reason Trump is portrayed as a woman was because someone thought it would be fumy to try and prod him into a lawsuit.

Personally I thought the movie could have been much funnier, but it wasn't too bad. The GOP/Q bashing was rather boring, as we've seen it all in the real world already. My favorite part of the whole movie was Lawrence's character's fixation on the general charging for free snacks in the white house. That still makes me chuckle.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:25 AM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Just watched the trailer and I see exactly how it will play out just by your comments here. I forget who it was that said something to the effect of once you finally see "it" it can't be unseen... they were talking about how people try to twist and interject politics into everything. And once you notice what they are doing it is so hard to come back and just enjoy being clueless again. It is so ****ing true. eDave enjoys being clueless but I can't blame him... ignorance is bliss.

I haven't watched it but for it to be fully accurate to the political situation(which it probably isn't) and sticking with the parody stuff, it should have been the Repubs with their head in the sand while the Dems try to spend all of the nations money on ridiculous ideas to stop the comet.
This was never intended to be sneaky and "brainwash" one side. If you DIDN'T know the whole movie from the trailer your and idiot. It's overtly political.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:32 AM 01-02-2022
My wife and I went to American Underdog yesterday. We both really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Page 251 of 286
« First < 151201241247248249250251 252253254255261 > Last »
Up