Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman is a liability
treeguy27 06:51 PM 11-07-2021
Two almost fumbles
Dropped first down to kill a drive
Muffed punt
Poor decision on another punt

He actually made a critical catch to get a first down.... then almost gave it all up with a un-sportsman like penalty. Dude is making way more negative plays than positive plays.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Isn't Bolton better than Niemann in every area? He's much quicker and is a better tackler. He should be getting those snaps. Niemann isn't exactly Donnie Edwards in coverage.
Bolton is much more decisive, but he's not 'quicker'. And he doesn't have a great feel for space and how to get deep on his drops. His hips are a bit stiff so he doesn't get back well and once the QB hits the back of his drop, Bolton tends to camp. Since he can't get back that far while the QB is dropping, he ends up too short in his zones and can be thrown over top of.

And for as aggressive as he is, he's not a terribly savvy interior blitzer from what I've seen. Doesn't seem to 'get little' very well.

Niemann does operate in space better and is a better interior blitzer. Spags likes to dial up those middle/overload blitzes and Niemann is a better fit there.

It's not a permanent thing - Bolton will figure some stuff out there. But for right now it doesn't bother me too much. I'm more frustrated that he's losing snaps to Hitchens than I am that he loses them to Niemann. He does everything Hitch does, but slightly better. Niemann is a different kind of player than Bolton. Hitchens is the same kind, just not as good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:20 PM 12-06-2021
I do like one thing about benching Hardman for six weeks, and that's going into the playoffs you have very little tape on what you might be doing with him in the postseason.

And that could potentially pay dividends in a huge surprise attack.

I don't think benching Hardman entirely is the answer - I'd like to see him still get 20-25 snaps a game, not 9. Because his speed still scares defenses.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:23 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Pringle plays better when he gets less snaps. The moment he's counted on, he drops the ball.
Let's give him more than 1 game to determine whether Pringle can handle it or not.

We gave Hardman 2 years before moving on. Pringle isn't the bonehead that Hardman is. I hope that he can calm down and become a legit #3 Wr for us. Pringle is pretty fast, he just isn't Hill/Hardman fast.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:27 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I do like one thing about benching Hardman for six weeks, and that's going into the playoffs you have very little tape on what you might be doing with him in the postseason.

And that could potentially pay dividends in a huge surprise attack.

I don't think benching Hardman entirely is the answer - I'd like to see him still get 20-25 snaps a game, not 9. Because his speed still scares defenses.
Hardman is still an idiot, regardless of his snap count. Each time he touches the ball, i catch myself holding my breath. Hardman is really only good for speed sweeps and Wr screens.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:28 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Hardman is still an idiot, regardless of his snap count. Each time he touches the ball, i catch myself holding my breath. Hardman is really only good for speed sweeps and Wr screens.
And he's pretty good on both of those plays.

If you have him in the game as a decoy the defense has to think about him getting the ball on those plays - they're not worried about Pringle doing that.

I like keeping him in there to give the defense something to key on, and you can gameplan off that for other plays in certain looks.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:41 PM 12-10-2021
What the hell happened to this guy? He was so good as a rookie. So frustrating

Here are some of the best plays by #Chiefs rookie WR Mecole Hardman in 2019: pic.twitter.com/n2zJpMXqqL

— Marcus Mosher (@Marcus_Mosher) June 25, 2020

[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:49 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What the hell happened to this guy? He was so good as a rookie. So frustrating

He's more interested in bowling or video games than perfecting his trade, and he's probably below average in the intelligence department. Given the appropriate time and effort he could have warranted a decent contract extension. As it is now he'll play out his time in KC on his minimal contract and then sign another minimal contract with some other team in 2023.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:31 AM 12-13-2021
corner literally had to fall down for mecole to do anything this week...hmmm

trayvon mullen working in some downward facing dog mid route, love to see it pic.twitter.com/d4Y7MEraLS

— Austin Gayle (@PFF_AustinGayle) December 13, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 11:49 AM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
corner literally had to fall down for mecole to do anything this week...hmmm

A better throw and he may have had 6.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:56 AM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Mahomes explained that Hardman actually wasn't suppose to run a go-route, but he saw the defender fall and wasn't sure what Hardman was going to do. When Mahomes saw Hardman's finger go up, Mahomes put it up.

Knowing that, it's easy to understand why the throw wasn't better. It wasn't anticipated at all.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:56 AM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
No. Great throw under pressure and the safety would have got him anyway. If Mahomes led him the safety gets there.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 12-13-2021
Also, the defender didn't just fall because reasons.

Hardman made him bite down hard and he fell. Give Hardman the respect he deserves on that route.
[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 12-13-2021
I mean, he's fine? I've never gotten the hate for the guy. He's an airhead it seems and sure, he was probably overdrafted.

But as a #3/weapon, he's in a perfect setup. Run go's, posts, screens and reverses. Desean Jackson has made a career of it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:23 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Also, the defender didn't just fall because reasons.

Hardman made him bite down hard and he fell. Give Hardman the respect he deserves on that route.
Mullen is coming off an injury.

Knowing Hardman, this is the sun shining on a dog's ass.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:29 PM 12-13-2021
So the play was just luck?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up