ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The ONLY Thing To Know To Survive An Active Shooter
Lzen 10:24 AM 07-20-2021
Just got these in my email and thought they were interesting and informative. Tim Larkin is a self defense guy I have been learning from (Target Focus Training) for years. His guest is an expert on this and he only uses facts. Perhaps this could save some lives. Share with everyone you know.

Pt. 1
https://youtu.be/FDDK0jLsdKQ

Pt. 2
https://youtu.be/nRt2bjdCEO4
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:11 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
People being afraid of sharks is another. You are more likely to die from a vending machine than a shark.
Maybe. But if you accidentally push the shark button on the vending machine, you’ll wish you were only dealing with an active shooter.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:29 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I honestly think I'm just going to play dead. How often has shooter shot people laying on the ground?

I feel like I can hold my breath pretty well.
Funny thing is that he talks about that. Often times the shooter will shoot again to make sure you're dead.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:30 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Hopefully a mod can shoot up your stupid thread.
Nobody forced you to be here, dumb ass.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:32 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The primary thing, I assume, is to get extremely lucky and not have the shooter anywhere in your immediate vicinity?
The major thing they talk about is acting quickly. It also deals with the authorities and their plans to deal with active shooters. We have had training on active shooter scenarios at work. I assume many people have these days. But the problem is that often times the people in charge don't really have a good plan to deal with these things.
[Reply]
wazu 12:39 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
The major thing they talk about is acting quickly. It also deals with the authorities and their plans to deal with active shooters. We have had training on active shooter scenarios at work. I assume many people have these days. But the problem is that often times the people in charge don't really have a good plan to deal with these things.
Problem is that the answer is pretty clearly that nothing else really works but having armed security in high risk areas to immediately engage the shooter. That has a pretty high cost that is extremely unlikely to ever be needed. There's a value for having peace of mind, though.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:41 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is the right answer. I don't fault people for wanting to think about this kind of stuff, but the reality is that dying from an active shooter is an incredibly unlikely way for people to die.

I'd have to look up stats to be sure, but I'd be pretty confident you'd be more likely to die from an accidental gun discharge than from an active shooter.
More likely to die from shit falling out of the sky on your head than from an active shooter.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:43 PM 07-20-2021
"All this machine does is eat change, vend, and crush drunk frat guys trying to get free Zagnut bars."

"You're gonna need a less wrinkly dollar."
[Reply]
DaFace 12:45 PM 07-20-2021
This is the right answer. I don't fault people for wanting to think about this kind of stuff, but the reality is that dying from an active shooter is an incredibly unlikely way for people to die.

I'd have to look up stats to be sure, but I'd be pretty confident you'd be more likely to die from an accidental gun discharge than from an active shooter.
Following up on my own post, this source says there were 458 accidental gun deaths in the U.S. in 2018. In 2017 (the year of the Las Vegas shooting), there were 117 fatalities from mass shootings in the U.S. according to this source.

So, yeah. You're at least 4x as likely to die from an accident than from a mass shooter.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:50 PM 07-20-2021

So, yeah. You're at least 4x as likely to die from an accident than from a mass shooter.

Maybe Lee Harvey Oswald was just a real butterfingers?
[Reply]
wazu 12:53 PM 07-20-2021
Following up on my own post, this source says there were 458 accidental gun deaths in the U.S. in 2018. In 2017 (the year of the Las Vegas shooting), there were 117 fatalities from mass shootings in the U.S. according to this source.

Not really. If I don't own any guns, and don't ever go hunting or do any of the things that would put me at risk of an accidental gun death, I'd say that number goes way down, probably even lower than the chance of being part of a mass shooting.
[Reply]
Fish 12:59 PM 07-20-2021
The ONLY thing to know? Why not more than one thing? Seems like a complex and spontaneous issue that might require knowing more than one thing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:00 PM 07-20-2021
If you fire upon yourself accidently you should definitely return fire on yourself to keep us all on the safe side.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:25 PM 07-20-2021
Bill would just try to suck the guy off
[Reply]
Spott 01:27 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Bill would just try to suck the guy off
Probably a smart plan. Nobody turns down a good blowjob.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:29 PM 07-20-2021
Or a bad one
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up