ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Media Center>Windows 11
eDave 06:48 PM 06-15-2021
Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

[Reply]
Boon 08:13 AM 08-31-2021
Has any one used Crucial Scan? It will tell you how much memory you have and how muc
h you can add. Link is https://www.crucial.com/store/systemscanner
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:30 AM 08-31-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That's butt fucking stupid, which is completely on brand for MS as of late. At least they are backing off the requirement.

Should be doing a clean install anyhow.
Windows 11 I expect will be a huge resource hog. It's 100% going to be their most bloated OS to date.

Rip any machines below 8gigs....
[Reply]
Fish 05:36 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Windows 11 I expect will be a huge resource hog. It's 100% going to be their most bloated OS to date.

Rip any machines below 8gigs....
Whatever you post, regardless of topic, one can always bet on the opposite being true...

Microsoft Details How It Made Windows 11 Faster Than Windows 10

Windows 11 has an improved resource management system - there are now higher priority levels attributed to foreground functions (essentially, the program window you're currently focused on), reducing the amount of processing power that's eaten up by background processes.

This prioritization of the work that matters to the user at that precise moment in time also extends to browsers, which are notorious resource hogs in any system: Windows now has improved its ability to pause inactive tabs, thus reducing the amount of system resources demanded from the underlying system - and improving performance on your active tab. The improvements here are nothing to scoff at: Steve Dispensa says the system can have 32% less memory usage and reduce CPU utilization by 37% due to this new tab sleeping function.

Microsoft has also optimized the code that calls hardware functions, reducing the delay between user input and the actual instruction being carried out in hardware, thereby reducing idle time and improving user-perceived responsiveness. This also has a knock-on effect on memory usage and overall performance: optimized instructions reduce memory footprint and improve resource handling from idle to active states.

Microsoft also deployed newer compression techniques that reduced overall OS disk usage, and extended this technique to Windows 11's update functions. Due to the new update engine in Windows 11, Microsoft promises that updates won't require as many resources as they currently do. They'll also have feature performance handling and smarter, faster update delivery that reduces the overall size of the Windows update by 40%.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:26 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Whatever you post, regardless of topic, one can always bet on the opposite being true...

Microsoft Details How It Made Windows 11 Faster Than Windows 10

Windows 11 has an improved resource management system - there are now higher priority levels attributed to foreground functions (essentially, the program window you're currently focused on), reducing the amount of processing power that's eaten up by background processes.

This prioritization of the work that matters to the user at that precise moment in time also extends to browsers, which are notorious resource hogs in any system: Windows now has improved its ability to pause inactive tabs, thus reducing the amount of system resources demanded from the underlying system - and improving performance on your active tab. The improvements here are nothing to scoff at: Steve Dispensa says the system can have 32% less memory usage and reduce CPU utilization by 37% due to this new tab sleeping function.

Microsoft has also optimized the code that calls hardware functions, reducing the delay between user input and the actual instruction being carried out in hardware, thereby reducing idle time and improving user-perceived responsiveness. This also has a knock-on effect on memory usage and overall performance: optimized instructions reduce memory footprint and improve resource handling from idle to active states.

Microsoft also deployed newer compression techniques that reduced overall OS disk usage, and extended this technique to Windows 11's update functions. Due to the new update engine in Windows 11, Microsoft promises that updates won't require as many resources as they currently do. They'll also have feature performance handling and smarter, faster update delivery that reduces the overall size of the Windows update by 40%.
You are a fucking moron I literally work in IT......
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:29 AM 09-11-2021
God damn you are dumb please just know you are a fucking retard.
[Reply]
Fish 11:32 AM 09-11-2021
You are a fucking moron I literally work in IT......
Emptying trash cans maybe.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:35 AM 09-11-2021
Emptying trash cans maybe.
Lmao

Nah meeting with Microsoft’s executive development team shit like that. You are fucking retarded and have no clue what you are talking about.

“Hur dur it’s going to be faster that what the marketing material sent out said”

Jesus Christ,

Do you want me to explain why you are a fucking retard or should we just leave it at you are wrong?
[Reply]
Fish 08:28 PM 09-11-2021
Lmao

Nah meeting with Microsoft’s executive development team shit like that. You are fucking retarded and have no clue what you are talking about.

“Hur dur it’s going to be faster that what the marketing material sent out said”

Jesus Christ,

Do you want me to explain why you are a fucking retard or should we just leave it at you are wrong?
Yeah, sure. I bet you're having coffee with Bill next week...

Meanwhile, only one of us has actually downloaded and installed Windows 11. That much is clearly apparent. You're talking out your ass like you do in every thread.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:29 AM 09-12-2021
Yeah, sure. I bet you're having coffee with Bill next week...

Meanwhile, only one of us has actually downloaded and installed Windows 11. That much is clearly apparent. You're talking out your ass like you do in every thread.
Lmao ok!

You are fucking stupid and we can just leave it at that! As a Microsoft GOLD partner and CSP, I wouldn’t know much right?

Thousands of licensing deals and actual real world certifications fro. MS-900 to MS-100 along with ITILv4 etc...

Nah downloading a cracked version that had CPU utilization issues totally makes you a expert!

Just remember kids the minimum specs for windows 11 is 8th gen CPUs! Cause you know it’s slimmer and faster after all!
[Reply]
hometeam 06:49 AM 09-12-2021
Lmao ok!

You are fucking stupid and we can just leave it at that! As a Microsoft GOLD partner and CSP, I wouldn’t know much right?

Thousands of licensing deals and actual real world certifications fro. MS-900 to MS-100 along with ITILv4 etc...

Nah downloading a cracked version that had CPU utilization issues totally makes you a expert!

Just remember kids the minimum specs for windows 11 is 8th gen CPUs! Cause you know it’s slimmer and faster after all!

It remains to be seen if either of you are right, but lets be intellectually honest if you are going to present an argument.

The specs are as such because of instruction capabilities of the CPU, not the processing power it takes to run it.
[Reply]
Fish 11:09 AM 09-12-2021
Lmao ok!

:-) no that doesn't really mean much with regards to IT knowledge...

Cracked version with CPU utilization issues? See, another indication of how fucking clueless you are. There's no need for an insider preview of Win11 to be cracked. It's not necessary because it currently doesn't require a license. You have no clue WTF you're talking about.

Win11 runs better than Win10. The improvements are no joke. I can see it with my own eyes because I've actually installed it... clown....
[Reply]
eDave 04:36 AM 09-13-2021
We compairing our IT cocks now?

[Reply]
Otter 12:30 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:

We are not afraid of tangents on ChiefsPlanet.

White Women GIFfrom White GIFs

[Reply]
lewdog 09:03 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:

I'm not.

Mine's microscopic.
[Reply]
eDave 08:11 PM 11-01-2021
I updated as soon as it was available. I moved the start back to the left and the rest is no real changes IMO. However, it's adding a lot of stress and heat to my processor and my browser (Edge, FFS) won't hold cache. Every load or refresh goes to the webpage I was on when I upgraded. Longer boot time too which isn't a big deal for me except the first time it scared me a bit that my laptop was fucked.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up