ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Venom: Let there be Carnage
The Franchise 09:10 AM 05-10-2021

[Reply]
Bowser 01:35 PM 05-12-2021
They have to at least introduce the cosmic side before they try to bring on something like Knull.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:43 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They have to at least introduce the cosmic side before they try to bring on something like Knull.
Venom is an alien then there is the Multiverse and the Spider-Men. Knull transitions perfectly to Gorr the God Butcher .
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:10 AM 05-13-2021
Marvel is over saturated now.

Carnage is one thing. But when we start getting into Knull (whoever that is) and some of the other characters ive seen discussed recently, we're in the deep end of the fan-service characters.

The mainstream has no idea who the fuck Knull is. Some of these latest marvel projects have been featuring characters whom idk who the fuck they are.

There's a certain point where the general public stops giving a fuck about unknown ridiculous looking super heroes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:16 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Carnage is one thing. But when we start getting into Knull (whoever that is) and some of the other characters ive seen discussed recently, we're in the deep end of the fan-service characters.

The mainstream has no idea who the fuck Knull is. Some of these latest marvel projects have been featuring characters whom idk who the fuck they are.

There's a certain point where the general public stops giving a fuck about unknown ridiculous looking super heroes.
They’re at a point though where they have to decide where they want to pull source material from. At some point, logistically, they’re going to run out of good source material that the public gives a fuck about. It’s the nature of the beast.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:33 AM 05-13-2021

Well, just keep in mind that Sony owns a small number of characters so they’re going to milk it as they see fit.

I think Feige has done a masterful job of shaping the first 23 Marvel films. He’s also taking his sweet time with the newly acquired and formerly Fox owned properties. He didn’t just force the X Men or Fantastic Four on to the big or small screen and has indicated that it’s going to be a least a few more years before we see those characters onscreen.

But Sony can do whatever they want with their portion of the Marvel IP.

I’m certainly skeptical of any of their productions in which Kevin Feige hasn’t produced.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:59 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They’re at a point though where they have to decide where they want to pull source material from. At some point, logistically, they’re going to run out of good source material that the public gives a fuck about. It’s the nature of the beast.
General public knew squat about Guardians of the Galaxy and that went pretty damn well.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:09 AM 05-13-2021
I think I'm most excited about what Marvel does with the X-Men. The other newer stuff just doesn't do it for someone like me that loves the movies but isn't a die hard comic book guy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:53 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
General public knew squat about Guardians of the Galaxy and that went pretty damn well.
Yeah but you can’t expect every movie to hit like that. Eventually there is going to be one that doesn’t meet expectations.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:25 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah but you can’t expect every movie to hit like that. Eventually there is going to be one that doesn’t meet expectations.
For me those were Thor, Thor 2 and Captain Marvel, although I like Captain Marvel the best out of the three.

Captain Marvel hit $1.1 billion at the box office so it didn't miss financial expectations but the movie just wasn't up to the standard set by Ant Man, Guardians, Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor 3 or Infinity Wars, let alone, the Russo directed Captain America films.

I enjoyed Ant Man 2 but it was little more than a vehicle to introduce the quantum realm in terms of time travel and didn't really hold much significance outside of that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:47 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
That film was a home run for sure.

IMO it transcends The MCUverse, comic book movie genre and the sci-fi/ fantasy genre.
[Reply]
mkp785 05:10 AM 05-15-2021

The mainstream has no idea who the **** Knull is. Some of these latest marvel projects have been featuring characters whom idk who the **** they are.

There's a certain point where the general public stops giving a **** about unknown ridiculous looking super heroes.
Well, isn't Gorr supposed to be in the next Thor? His inclusion will make it hard to not have Knull in as well. Knull is badass enough to be the next "Thanos" so to speak...

Edit: Gorr the God Butcher is being played by Christian Bale in the new Thor.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:11 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Well, isn't Gorr supposed to be in the next Thor? His inclusion will make it hard to not have Knull in as well. Knull is badass enough to be the next "Thanos" so to speak...

Edit: Gorr the God Butcher is being played by Christian Bale in the new Thor.
Gorr the God Butcher is one of the very best Thor stories Marvel has told, right up there with Thor the Unworthy. Telling this story at this point in the MCU's history seems odd and runs the risk of only appealing to hardcore and niche fans, but that was exactly what I thought when they announced Guardians as a vehicle. GotG succeeded in no small part to James Gunn's ability to inject humor and a little quirkiness into it, but Taika Waititi is better at it than Gunn is, so I have high hopes for Love and Thunder. That said, the Gorr story is dark and heavy as fuck, so I'm wondering how this will look on film.

All that builds to your question and my earlier point - if they're bringing on Knull I think they have to go heavy with the cosmic entities sometime soon, if not incorporate the Sony side as soon as possible, because it's Venom that saves everyone and everything from Knull in the end (and he even summons Mjolnir out of Thor's hand as well as the Silver Surfer's board at one point). Point is, IMHO, Knull is way too big or all encompassing to introduce quite yet. Kang seems like the natural progression here post Thanos to me (and I don't think we've seen the last of Thanos with the way they're bringing in the Eternals and about to start dabbling with the multiverse).

Whew. /nerd rant
[Reply]
mkp785 01:41 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Gorr the God Butcher is one of the very best Thor stories Marvel has told, right up there with Thor the Unworthy. Telling this story at this point in the MCU's history seems odd and runs the risk of only appealing to hardcore and niche fans, but that was exactly what I thought when they announced Guardians as a vehicle. GotG succeeded in no small part to James Gunn's ability to inject humor and a little quirkiness into it, but Taika Waititi is better at it than Gunn is, so I have high hopes for Love and Thunder. That said, the Gorr story is dark and heavy as ****, so I'm wondering how this will look on film.

All that builds to your question and my earlier point - if they're bringing on Knull I think they have to go heavy with the cosmic entities sometime soon, if not incorporate the Sony side as soon as possible, because it's Venom that saves everyone and everything from Knull in the end (and he even summons Mjolnir out of Thor's hand as well as the Silver Surfer's board at one point). Point is, IMHO, Knull is way too big or all encompassing to introduce quite yet. Kang seems like the natural progression here post Thanos to me (and I don't think we've seen the last of Thanos with the way they're bringing in the Eternals and about to start dabbling with the multiverse).

Whew. /nerd rant
I read that Kang is gonna be in the next Antman and the Wasp. The guy from "Lovecraft Country" is gonna play him. He's a good villain, but I feel like they gotta go harder to top Thanos-who became worldwide sensation. Kang is more known so maybe they'll go with him for the supervillian everyone fights but it seems to me that he could be taken out by any number of marvel hero (Scarlett Witch/Vision/) guess we'll see how they Ant-man handles him.

Knull would a fearsome villain. Looking forward to Gorr, who like Thanos they can pitch him as humanistic since his whole family died. Those 2 seem to be hard to separate if they told the full origin story.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:51 PM 05-15-2021
On a side note. I'm looking forward to this. Woody seems like the perfect person to play him. He even looks just like Cassidy and has always had that weirdness to him.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:26 AM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Venom is an alien then there is the Multiverse and the Spider-Men. Knull transitions perfectly to Gorr the God Butcher .
Gorr is in the new Thor movie and is being played by Christian Bale.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up