ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Media Center>Magic: The Gathering
Buck 11:29 PM 07-25-2012
So I've been getting back into this. I know we have some current and former players here so use this thread to discuss or Buy/Sell/Trade cards.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:33 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
If you are going for long term investment, then yes sealed product is the way to go.

It might take almost 30 years like Fallen Empires but it will go up in value eventually as long as the game is around.
Oh I've thought on it - I enjoy opening the product usually. I will probably save 4-6 boxes of MH1 and maybe grab some lower end boosters like Theros and Kaldheim. I think as the years pass they too will be desirable. Modern Horizons 1 almost certainly will be a 500.00 box in 2 yrs.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:40 PM 08-11-2021
I made a hard run at collectible toys (sealed) - and ran out of real estate. I had close to 1,800 pieces. Collectibles for me now are purely for enjoyment. But MTG vs. sealed toys = there's really no comparison. I think someone could turn a huge profit if they; A) are young enough to live the years it takes for the profit to grow + cards to age, etc.. and B) have little desire to open the cards or the means to buy separate cards to open to get their 'fix.'
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:50 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Oh I've thought on it - I enjoy opening the product usually. I will probably save 4-6 boxes of MH1 and maybe grab some lower end boosters like Theros and Kaldheim. I think as the years pass they too will be desirable. Modern Horizons 1 almost certainly will be a 500.00 box in 2 yrs.
Zendikar Rising set booster boxes and collectors edition boxes are good bets due to the box topper expedition lands.

Plus they have good rares and mythics: Mythic double face lands, Skyclave Apparition, Lithoform Engine, Skyclave relic, Omanth Locus of Rage, Lotus Cobra, pathways
[Reply]
Simply Red 08-11-2021, 10:55 PM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red. Reason: premature ejaculated
Simply Red 10:56 PM 08-11-2021
Zendikar Rising set booster boxes and collectors edition boxes are good bets due to the box topper expedition lands.
yeah that's a decent set w/ the Expeditions thrown in and the ability to score a fetch land. Speaking of Set Boosters 'The List' thing is a joke. It's so damn hard to pull a decent list card. LOL I opened a collector Zendikar Rising and got a Prismatic Vista (Box Topper, non foil) Marsh Flats (Box Topper, non foil) and the two I got that were foil scattered throughout the actual packs were Creeping Tar Pit (unfortunately) and Bloodstained Mire (which was cool.)
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:58 PM 08-11-2021
yeah that's a decent set w/ the Expeditions thrown in and the ability to score a fetch land. Speaking of Set Boosters 'The List' thing is a joke. It's so damn hard to pull a decent list card. LOL I opened a collector Zendikar Rising and got a Prismatic Vista (Box Topper, non foil) Marsh Flats (Box Topper, non foil) and the two I got that were foil scattered throughout the actual packs were Creeping Tar Pit (unfortunately) and Bloodstained Mire (which was cool.)
All the expedition lands are pretty valuable. At least $10 a pop.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:05 PM 08-11-2021
All the expedition lands are pretty valuable. At least $10 a pop.
Luxury Suite is a pretty little card.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:20 PM 09-12-2021
This was probably one of my best box openings ever.

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:23 PM 09-12-2021
This was probably one of my best box openings ever.

Yeah that Time Warp and Demonic are flames!
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:26 PM 09-12-2021
Set Booster?
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:27 PM 09-12-2021
I've been buying a bunch of upper-end (larger) Lego sets that have had my attention for a while now GloucesterChief, Pulled me away from MTG for a bit. But I'll be back onboard soon. I needed a hiatus - was getting a bit burned out. Plus Lego has been a fun, new collectible investment.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:29 PM 09-12-2021
Set Booster?
Japanese set booster. Yes. The list cards were in English though weirdly.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:49 PM 09-12-2021
Japanese set booster. Yes. The list cards were in English though weirdly.
hmm, don't think that's common.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up