ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>Magic: The Gathering
Buck 11:29 PM 07-25-2012
So I've been getting back into this. I know we have some current and former players here so use this thread to discuss or Buy/Sell/Trade cards.
[Reply]
Buck 07:33 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by frazod:
Should... not... have.... looked.... at that. :-)

I remember having so many cards on that list that are worth big bucks now.

FUCK

:-)
At least someone got something for them and they didn't like burn in a fire or anything.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:56 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Buck:
At least someone got something for them and they didn't like burn in a fire or anything.
Believe me, I'd rather have flushed them down the toilet myself than have a thieving punk make a nickel off them.

I need to turn my buddy onto that site, though. He still has all his cards and his collection is about three or four times what I had. He's sitting on a gold mine.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:23 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
OMG. Shivan Dragons really are going for like $180. Crazy. I had a few.

Yikes. I had a bunch of Vesuvian Dopplegangers. They're going for $419. :-)
I have at least 4 Shivan Dragons. I have an atog card that says +2/+2 but not until end of turn...misprint i guess. Looks like the Royal Assassin isn't worth as much as i thought....3 Serra Angels around $100 a pop..thanks for the link buck. Savannahs valued at $750? time to get rich, woot!
[Reply]
KC Jones 10:09 PM 07-30-2012
You should build your deck around this:

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:16 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by KC Jones:
You should build your deck around this:

Anitoch?
[Reply]
TLO 10:25 PM 07-30-2012
So... Pokemon cards. Those worth anything?
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:31 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan369:
So... Pokemon cards. Those worth anything?
Not really. While the Poke'mon CCG is still played, there isn't an organized play format for old sets.

The reason why old Magic cards command such a pricepoint is because they are in high demand to play with, in the Vintage and Legacy formats.
[Reply]
TLO 10:37 PM 07-30-2012
Well damn. How about Beanie Babies? Got a few rare ones packaged away somewhere around here.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:39 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan369:
Well damn. How about Beanie Babies? Got a few rare ones packaged away somewhere around here.
I don't know. I doubt there's much of a market for them anymore. Maybe the rare bears still fetch close to three digits.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:49 AM 07-31-2012
I had a few dual lands, plenty of serra angels and shivan dragons. sigh. None of the power nine although I did have a Scherazade (sp?) that I used in a EDH game once. That did not go over well.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:25 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
OMG. Shivan Dragons really are going for like $180. Crazy. I had a few.

Yikes. I had a bunch of Vesuvian Dopplegangers. They're going for $419. :-)
You had to have Alpha or Beta versions to get that kind of dough though. The Unlimited and Revised edition versions, which is what most of my cards are (and I started playing in 93 or 94) are only worth $10 or less. If you had the earlier limited editions, I feel for you.
[Reply]
NewChief 03:02 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by patteeu:
You had to have Alpha or Beta versions to get that kind of dough though. The Unlimited and Revised edition versions, which is what most of my cards are (and I started playing in 93 or 94) are only worth $10 or less. If you had the earlier limited editions, I feel for you.
Ahh, yeah. I started playing in 93/94 as well, so mine probably weren't worth that.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:07 AM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
There's a give and take between the markets on MTGO and the real world. Mostly because MTGO sets the secondary market for paper cards. Developments in the metagame happen about a week faster on MTGO.
Interesting.

:-)

I might have to just sell off my paper card collection and invest in that. I don't have the time to play IRL that much but online would be much easier.
[Reply]
Chazno 04:12 PM 08-14-2012
Saw this on slickdeals and thought of you all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tag=slickdeals
[Reply]
Buck 12:00 PM 09-15-2012
Alright, this is what I'm running post-rotation. Already have most the cards that aren't from RtR, and some that are (Overgrown Tombs).

I'm not sure about Rancor here. I might remove it completely, move the 4x Grisly Salvage to the mainboard and then sideboard 4x Farseek or maybe a few Arbor Elf.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bg-zombies-15-09-12-1/

[Reply]
Buck 09-15-2012, 12:25 PM
This message has been deleted by Buck.
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up