ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 432
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
bdj23 01:44 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Does anybody else feel like indiana sucks dick from behind and are a bunch of slow country bumpkins????
I'm just excited to be able to watch the game
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:17 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have watched a couple of their games, and they are more athletic than we are, and it's not close.

Self coached teams, especially his teams that are not stacked with 4 & 5 Star Players, often get beat by teams that are substantially more athletic, even if that team doesn't have any stand out stars.

Oklahoma State has beaten Self several times just because they were more athletic, although they did have a star or two in a couple of those games.

We have lost to unranked teams in the preseason who were just more athletic.

We got run in the tournament a couple of times by teams that were more athletic.

But in almost all of those games, we had the better players, and almost certainly a better head coach and coaching staff.

So, just thinking that a team isn't the same caliber is just naive at best, and arrogantly ignorant at worst.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Substantially more athletic? Indiana? WTF?

Where?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:26 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Substantially more athletic? Indiana? WTF?

Where?
Almost everywhere. Our PG isn't very athletic, our starting SG isn't particularly athletic, our star wing player isn't an explosive jumper and almost never dunks because he just isn't that type of athlete. Our star freshman is somewhat athletic, but not compared to our starting center, who is the most athletic starter we have, but is short with T-Rex arms.

Backup PG isn't athletic. The backup SG is kinda athletic, but small.

Zuby and Udeh are our most athletic players, and they can barely get on the court. We have two really slow, unathletic post players who ride the bench because they are slow and not athletic.

Outside of Zuby, Udeh, and Adams, we don't have anyone who is considered athletic and explosive.

Other than those 3, who TF do you think is athletic on this team? MJ Rice could help, but he still hasn't recovered yet.

And to clarify, I never said IU was better than we are, and I certainly never said that they were going to the FF, much less winning the NC.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:43 AM 12-15-2022
Hold up, I thought I'm supposed to be the one that talks up the competition.

Anyway, Indiana is trash and got blown out by Rutgers on the road. KU will destroy them.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:24 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Anyway, Indiana is trash and got blown out by Rutgers on the road. KU will destroy them.
Yeah that Missouri game was a dog fight. You were right about that one :-)

The only teams who typically give Bill Self squad fits are defensive squads. I don't know if you can consider Indiana a defensive team but they arent terrible like Missouri is. It should be no surprise Tenn beat us. Best defensive team in the nation and with great length.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:23 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Almost everywhere. Our PG isn't very athletic, our starting SG isn't particularly athletic, our star wing player isn't an explosive jumper and almost never dunks because he just isn't that type of athlete. Our star freshman is somewhat athletic, but not compared to our starting center, who is the most athletic starter we have, but is short with T-Rex arms.

Backup PG isn't athletic. The backup SG is kinda athletic, but small.

Zuby and Udeh are our most athletic players, and they can barely get on the court. We have two really slow, unathletic post players who ride the bench because they are slow and not athletic.

Outside of Zuby, Udeh, and Adams, we don't have anyone who is considered athletic and explosive.

Other than those 3, who TF do you think is athletic on this team? MJ Rice could help, but he still hasn't recovered yet.

And to clarify, I never said IU was better than we are, and I certainly never said that they were going to the FF, much less winning the NC.

KU's probably a little more athletic than you're giving them credit for, but regardless, this doesn't answer the question. What makes Indiana "substantially more athletic?"

Where are they hiding all their speedy players who can jump out of the gym?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:36 AM 12-15-2022
I've watched a decent amount of Indiana this year, and I'm not sure I've seen a dunk yet. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:48 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Yeah, he’s not even doing this right at all.

Nowhere did he mention that this is the worst possible matchup for Kansas and that Indiana might be the best 8-2 14th ranked team of all time.

He also needs to end it with “The effort from the previous game won’t cut it here. Kansas better be ready.”
[Reply]
BWillie 10:57 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I've watched a decent amount of Indiana this year, and I'm not sure I've seen a dunk yet. :-)
I'm not sure I've seen Jalen Wilson dunk in a game. If he has its been a long long time.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:27 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm not sure I've seen Jalen Wilson dunk in a game. If he has its been a long long time.
It's pretty rare.

This isn't one of KU's most athletic teams. I just don't get the "Indiana is substantially more athletic" part. From what I've seen, they're fairly skilled, but there isn't a lot of speed or jumping ability there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:28 PM 12-16-2022
Thoughts on these?

it's all in the ����������������

�������������� X #KUbball pic.twitter.com/mvJDkRExt8

— Kansas Men’s Basketball (@KUHoops) December 16, 2022

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:36 PM 12-16-2022
I'm not a big fan. They aren't horrific, but not exactly good either.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:41 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'm not a big fan. They aren't horrific, but not exactly good either.
I’d like them more if the numbers looked like the letters. Or maybe vice versa.

They don’t look like they go together.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:43 PM 12-16-2022
I get that it’s a tribute to the banner, but looks odd on uniforms.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:47 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Thoughts on these?

Much better than anything circus font.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 432
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110150200 > Last »
Up