ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 73
« First < 21616768697071 7273 >
Hall of Classics>I’m leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.

I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)

[Reply]
Halfcan 11:35 AM 05-01-2021
It is strange to feel so emotional about someone I had never met. I am very sad hearing this news; he was a great guy and one of the first posters to make me laugh and welcome me here. After you spend so many years interacting with someone it really feels like a friend is lost. RIP my friend.

He deserves to be in the Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame!
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 12:14 PM 05-01-2021
RIP old friend. Grab a seat next to Lamar, Marty, and Derrick and enjoy a decade plus of Superbowl caliber Chiefs.
[Reply]
burt 12:46 PM 05-01-2021
I am so very saddened to read this. For a change, I am at a loss for words.

In my 20's I wrote and delivered my grand mothers eulogy. In my 40's, did the same for my Mother. I was heavily praised for both. Then one day, I realized that whoever did my eulogy couldn't do it better than me, so I wrote mine. Eulogies are tricky...it is your only chance to write something about someone and truly capture a bit of their essence. For me, as well as all those here that didn't get one, I may just post mine here... Wadda ya think?
[Reply]
Meatloaf 01:09 PM 05-01-2021
Really hate to hear this. RIP, Patteeu.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:15 PM 05-01-2021
Don’t know him, but it takes some balls to go out like this.
[Reply]
neech 03:47 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by burt:

In my 20's I wrote and delivered my grand mothers eulogy. In my 40's, did the same for my Mother. I was heavily praised for both. Then one day, I realized that whoever did my eulogy couldn't do it better than me, so I wrote mine. Eulogies are tricky...it is your only chance to write something about someone and truly capture a bit of their essence. For me, as well as all those here that didn't get one, I may just post mine here... Wadda ya think?
I would wait for when you know the door of life is closing on you myself, maybe send it to someone trustworthy like BRC to post in your behalf just in case something unfortunate happens.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:27 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by burt:

No.

We can’t write our own eulogies. They need to be from someone else or it isn’t a eulogy.

If you can’t be sure your loved ones have good things to say about you then make changes now while you can.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:38 PM 05-01-2021
Jesus, he knew he was going and just bitch slapped the world.

I hope he was satisfied with how he left.

PEACE
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:19 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I wish I could apologize to Patteeu. I've been an angry douchebag poster here for the last 5 years, and I was pretty much a dick to Patteeu several times in the DC forum.

I stopped posting here a few months ago because I decided I don't want to be that guy anymore. Since Pat won't see my apology, I'll have to settle for apologizing to everyone else. I apologize to you all. I'm really not as much of a dick in real life. Honest.

Rest in peace, Pat. I'm sorry. You were taken far too young.
Don't stop posting... We can't take this shit seriously... Opposing views are fine and should be welcomed, sometimes heated, that being said, we are all Chiefs fans! I hope to meet you and have a beer sometime at a CP event, as none of us are as much of a dick in person as we sometimes can be on here, well, except Billay :-)
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:52 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I wish I could apologize to Patteeu. I've been an angry douchebag poster here for the last 5 years, and I was pretty much a dick to Patteeu several times in the DC forum.

I stopped posting here a few months ago because I decided I don't want to be that guy anymore. Since Pat won't see my apology, I'll have to settle for apologizing to everyone else. I apologize to you all. I'm really not as much of a dick in real life. Honest.

Rest in peace, Pat. I'm sorry. You were taken far too young.
:-)
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:58 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
It is strange to feel so emotional about someone I had never met. I am very sad hearing this news; he was a great guy and one of the first posters to make me laugh and welcome me here. After you spend so many years interacting with someone it really feels like a friend is lost. RIP my friend.

He deserves to be in the Chiefs Planet Hall of Fame!
Well said. I’ve been shocked at how many times I’ve thought about Pat since this thread was posted. A guy I’ve never met.

But he was one of my all time favorite posters, and not just because we shared some political views. He really was a thoughtful and witty poster who never stooped to the level that I and so many others do.

I will miss him a lot. To me, it’s like a little piece of Chiefsplanet died.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:07 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Well said. I’ve been shocked at how many times I’ve thought about Pat since this thread was posted. A guy I’ve never met.

But he was one of my all time favorite posters, and not just because we shared some political views. He really was a thoughtful and witty poster who never stooped to the level that I and so many others do.

I will miss him a lot. To me, it’s like a little piece of Chiefsplanet died.
Logical took a big piece too. :-)

I wish I could have told Pat goodbye for real and not with this stupid account. It seems fake and empty this way. Can't take it back now either. :-)
[Reply]
Braincase 09:16 PM 05-01-2021
RIP. Glad you got to see the Chiefs win another Superbowl.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:08 PM 05-01-2021
Rest in peace Patteau...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:32 PM 05-02-2021
I just connected the dots of this thread and the RIP one. Gut-wrenching.

We say and hear it a lot, life is short, treat each day like your last, etc. Here’s to hoping we all do more than just say it, and actually carry out our days in that manner. Set the grudges aside, it’s probably not that serious. Invest your time where it matters, in those you love. You may not get another chance to take that initiative with them.

RIP Patteeu.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 73
« First < 21616768697071 7273 >
Up