ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 233 of 435
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283333 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:29 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Really wish we didn't let Ogbah go. But I get it. Never know how a player will come back from a pec injury.
He also got more than we were gonna be able to pay, we replaced him with Taco and we're gonna probably have revolving spots like that because well money...underachiever high pick or vet that has something left that takes less cause he wants to win.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:30 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think Robinson ends up wherever Bienemy goes, I basically have that as a forgone conclusion. The WR issue we could have going forward is why a part of me wonders if we should kick the tires on Kenny Stills since he got cut.
Robinson is not very good. He can have him.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:31 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I wonder if Frank Clark is getting worn out. Okafor and Taco got hurt. That leaves Clark,Kpass and Danna to play all the snaps for the 2 DE positions. Okafor has come back now but still isn't playing full snaps.

Clark is general playing around 84%+ of the defensive snaps all season long.

Is he tired?
I was thinking that too and really hoping he'd come back strong after the bye. But nope.

I think he needs to take a shot of whatever he took a shot of (metaphorically of course) about this time last year.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:31 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Robinson is not very good. He can have him.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
That's fine but if you lose him, with or without Watkins you need some depth because Watkins isn't reliable.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:33 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nothing is going to be easy when you're paying your QB $500M but the surest way to improve probability is to throw numbers at the problem, which you can't do with Frank Clark making $30M a year.

You could get THREE Z'Darius Smith's with that kind of money.
But that $26-28M of Clark money just kind of evaporates into thin air when Mahomes' cap hit jumps from $5M to $40M. If you want to keep Tyreek & Kelce (and Jones), you basically dump Frank/Sammy to make way for Mahomes' big money rolling into the salary cap.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:33 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I was thinking that too and really hoping he'd come back strong after the bye. But nope.

I think he needs to take a shot of whatever he took a shot of (metaphorically of course) about this time last year.
I think some of the issue especially with Chris Jones is complacency, the Chiefs won the SB, they're 10-1, this team has a lot of "Just get to the playoffs" type of moments.

I think some of these guys just feel like the regular season is a slog they have to get through to get to the real games.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:40 PM 11-30-2020
I think some of the issue especially with Chris Jones is complacency, the Chiefs won the SB, they're 10-1, this team has a lot of "Just get to the playoffs" type of moments.

I think some of these guys just feel like the regular season is a slog they have to get through to get to the real games.
With only 1 team getting the bye week now, I don't think anyone should have that type of mentality. This year in particular, the Steelers have made it even more important for the Chiefs to take every game seriously.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:43 PM 11-30-2020

Hopefully not. This isn't a seven game series. One bad game (or quarter) could end your playoffs.

If you're top 10 in salary at your position and a team leader, you can't hot dog it throughout the season. That's what separates guys who become great players from guys who stay at that level a long time.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:44 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
With only 1 team getting the bye week now, I don't think anyone should have that type of mentality. This year in particular, the Steelers have made it even more important for the Chiefs to take every game seriously.
I get that but it's something good teams deal with, especially when you have largely the same team we had last year, less turnover is actually bad for this kinda thing.

It almost makes you wonder if the Chiefs should every so often go looking for a player that is around 30 that hasn't won that has that fire to get everyone else still motivated for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Watching Wylie and Niemann get major snaps every game may be affecting my reasoning.

I look at WR as their strongest position after QB. If they keep Watkins, they don't need another WR at this moment. If Watkins is gone after this season, then it's a different story. I haven't seen enough from Hardman or Robinson to suggest they're consistent #2 receivers.

Regarding the pass rush, I don't see them giving up on Clark that quickly. Maybe after next season as has been suggested. We'll be drafting late in the first round again in 2021. Will there be top notch pass rushers available in those slots?

Also, I wasn't ruling out offensive tackles as possible first round choices.
The thing is, they can't keep bring Sammy back when he can't play but about 10 games a season. They need more bodies.

The same is true of the DE position, where they've had guys in and out all season opposite Clark.

Those positions cost a lot of money in free agency, so getting a guy with 4 years on the cheap (or even a 5th-year option) is ideal.

You could upgrade Niemann or Wylie for very little money in free agency. Heck, Damien Wilson, even though he isn't a world beater, is better than Niemann and he's making $3.2M this year in the last year of his contract. You can't get a DE starter for that in free agency. You get a broke dick like Alex Okafor.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:06 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
But that $26-28M of Clark money just kind of evaporates into thin air when Mahomes' cap hit jumps from $5M to $40M. If you want to keep Tyreek & Kelce (and Jones), you basically dump Frank/Sammy to make way for Mahomes' big money rolling into the salary cap.
True, which makes it all the more important to do something about it.

You could get 3 guys for 1 Frank Clark cap hit but we're going to need ONE at 1/3 the cost because we won't be able to afford 3.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:07 PM 11-30-2020
The depressing thing is the coaching staff and Veach cited the DL directly as this awesome deep group.

Well...they’re not. They’ve underperformed. And yeah Danna and Wharton are nice surprises, but they’re not moving the needle.

Tanoh hasn’t been talked about either. He’s regressed badly this year.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:15 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The depressing thing is the coaching staff and Veach cited the DL directly as this awesome deep group.

Well...they’re not. They’ve underperformed. And yeah Danna and Wharton are nice surprises, but they’re not moving the needle.

Deep does not mean top talent.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:30 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

:-)

Yeah, over the last 20 games, they've allowed just two teams to score more than 20 points against us. They lead the league in Qb pressures, the secondary is ranked in the top-10, the run defense has stoned the three best running games in the league, two of them in the playoffs/Super Bowl. At least twice this season (probably more, but I'd have to go back and look) the defense was at least as responsible for wins as the offense.

Chavarius Ward, who wasn't even a starter in 2018, has since been ranked as a top 10 CB since the middle of last season. Breeland, another JAG according to the know-it-alls, has only been rated as one of the top 12 CBs as well and sealed multiple games, including picks in the playoffs and SB LIV. Nnadi is finally getting recognition as one of the better run-stuffing DTs in football this season.

But yeah, the defense has been terrible. Wish we had the SEA defense. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 02:39 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)

Yeah, over the last 20 games, they've allowed just two teams to score more than 20 points against us. They lead the league in Qb pressures, the secondary is ranked in the top-10, the run defense has stoned the three best running games in the league, two of them in the playoffs/Super Bowl. At least twice this season (probably more, but I'd have to go back and look) the defense was at least as responsible for wins as the offense.

Chavarius Ward, who wasn't even a starter in 2018, has since been ranked as a top 10 CB since the middle of last season. Breeland, another JAG according to the know-it-alls, has only been rated as one of the top 12 CBs as well and sealed multiple games, including picks in the playoffs and SB LIV. Nnadi is finally getting recognition as one of the better run-stuffing DTs in football this season.

But yeah, the defense has been terrible. Wish we had the SEA defense. :-)
:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 233 of 435
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283333 > Last »
Up