ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 2683
« First < 2171111117118119120121 1221231241251311712216211121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:26 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
And I disagree. Favre has a Green Bay connection with both Reid and Dorsey (GB scout all the way back then). He's a guy Reid knows intimately, is directly connected with in terms of development. Only Dorsey knows Rodgers. And aside from Donovan McNabb, who was good but not Favre good, he's the only franchise quarterback Reid has a personal connection to. So of course he's going to bring Favre into the discussion.

Favre on Reid:

“I do remember when Steve(Mariucci) left, Mike(Holmgren) called me in the offseason, and he said, ‘Look, I just want you to know, I’m going to make Andy Reid our quarterback coach.’ And, honestly, my first thought, was, ‘Aw, you gotta be kidding me.’ I say that, and I liked Andy. I liked Andy a lot. But Andy was a grinder. It was like he didn’t have any fun.

“Now, when he took over as my coach, we had a blast. We grinded, but it was not what I envisioned. We had a lot of fun. He was extremely bright. He didn’t play quarterback. He played the line at BYU. But he knew the quarterback position in and out. I was very impressed. And when he left it was difficult. But I was around so many good coaches, and a lot of young ones. I was just so lucky to have these coaches at that time of my career that really thought along the same wave length as I did. ”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:31 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
In before some retard calls him short, not realizing he's standing next to a 6-foot-6 Tyler Bray.
I believe that is Joel Stave, but a big guy regardless. 6-5/6-6.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:40 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
:-)

I think his footwork looks great right there . I think he's ready to start.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:45 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
I think his footwork looks great right there . I think he's ready to start.
You will exercise patience! We'll not have this prize ruined for the sake of an impatient Trufus Doofus!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:50 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
You will exercise patience! We'll not have this prize ruined for the sake of an impatient Trufus Doofus!
Yep, gotta be patient...

But only for one year!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:15 PM 05-06-2017

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:23 PM 05-06-2017
I think I'm Ghey now !
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:34 PM 05-06-2017
http://www.chiefsdigest.com/patrick-...okie-minicamp/

Originally Posted by :
Patrick Mahomes displayed the dazzling fastball that gives Chiefs coaches and fans alike hope that the quarterback of the future has arrived, but it wasn’t all champagne and roses for the rookie.

There were first-day jitters for sure. Some throws missed their target. Mahomes threw high and low as well as overthrown, but frequently on line and always with plenty of mustard. Reid occasionally called halt to a play before it started to instruct his pupil on getting everything right before the snap.

“It’s a lot more than I had Texas Tech, but we’re learning as we go and just getting better every single rep,” Mahomes said.

But Mahomes also displayed the physical talents that motivated the Chiefs to move up to draft him at No. 10 in last week’s NFL draft. His delivered throws with speed and demonstrated an ability to throw on the run and use his legs to extend plays.

Reid and offensive coordinator Matt Nagy put Mahomes to work immediately calling plays just as he would in game. Nagy relayed the play call to the quarterback via the radio in his helmet, and then the rookie repeated the play back to his teammates in the huddle.

Mahomes said the process of calling and know the right play proved his most difficult challenge on day one.

“But whenever I got out there and called it, I had to look out, see the guys and make sure everyone was in the right position,” Mahomes said. “That was the process which was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

Mahomes said he received his playbook Friday night, and immediately began absorbing as much as can.

“It’s a ton of writing down,” he explained. “I’ll write the same play down three or four times until it sticks in my head. That’s the biggest thing for me. I will use notecards and go through the formations and stuff like that.”

Reid said he may open up the playbook a bit more than normal to test the rookie’s skills.

[Reply]
RunKC 05:43 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by :
Reid said he may open up the playbook a bit more than normal to test the rookie’s skills.
If Mahomes gets the playbook down and progresses nicely, I wouldn't say it's impossible that he sits the entire year.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:49 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
:-)
Tyler Bray no longer has dad's attention.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:55 PM 05-06-2017
I'm horny.

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:59 PM 05-06-2017
Clay is going to be wonderful again
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:09 PM 05-06-2017
St. Patrick is here.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:11 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
http://www.chiefsdigest.com/patrick-...okie-minicamp/
Thrilled for sure with one aspect of his study habits... the practice of writing things down repeatedly is something I've sworn by since forever

I liken it to cutting grooves into a record, the more you manually write something down the deeper you lay the groove into your brain... its an excellent technique for improving memory IMO

One year, thats all the kids gonna need... then its gonna be time to uncork the whupass
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:13 PM 05-06-2017
Oh yeah... we all wanna see Clay at his gif'd up best when the kid takes over
[Reply]
Page 121 of 2683
« First < 2171111117118119120121 1221231241251311712216211121 > Last »
Up