ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 333
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:44 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You’re awfully generous
so what do we have to be optimistic about? :-)
[Reply]
myselff77 08:07 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
so what do we have to be optimistic about? :-)
Football season.

As for the Royals, the sweet is not as sweet without the sour. (or however that line goes).
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 08:11 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Oh no, the idiot is worried.
You have always been, and will always be.....a little punk! You're not even very bright for someone so mouthy. Computer tough....
[Reply]
BWillie 09:57 AM 04-12-2023
I know its early but guess who leads the team in negative defensive war at -0.2

The generational talent of Bobby Witt Jr.

DFA Hunter Dozier. Bring up Garcia to play short.

Soon.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 10:54 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Soon.
How much of that can be attributed to new management/coaching scheme?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:58 AM 04-12-2023
I’m basically checked out already. Another 95 loss season, what’s the point of watching?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:33 AM 04-12-2023

Soon.
Can't really take DWAR seriously right now. The sample size is too small and defensive metrics aren't always great.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:40 AM 04-12-2023
Our guys are absolutely smashing the ball, but have been unlucky as shit. It'll turn around and this team will play much better and win more games.

We have 1 person that's at or above league average in BABIP, but everyone but Nicky Lopez and Shit Dozer have above league average exit velocity and hard hit%. Fucking MJ Melendez is knocking the cover off the ball 97.7 exit velocity and a 70%! hard hit rate, but has a sub .300 slg.

If they hit the ball like this, then this is gonna be a fun team.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:17 PM 04-12-2023
The most frustrating thing is that we already know/knew that half the guys in the lineup will never be better than mediocre players. If you're going to commit to a full-on youth movement, they'd better at least be legit and exciting prospects. And the few veterans that are sprinkled in better be respectable players.

My prediction is that, near the end of the season, they'll go on a run and convince the fans and FO that they've turned the corner. Then another offseason with minimal investment and more of the same crap next year.
[Reply]
tk13 12:18 PM 04-12-2023

BREAKING: A Salt Lake City consortium led by the former owner of the Utah Jazz plans to pursue a Major League Baseball expansion franchise in the coming years, people involved with the project tell ESPN.

News on SLC's pitch, free and unlocked at ESPN: https://t.co/lWzmmVhLUx

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) April 12, 2023

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:25 PM 04-12-2023

Soon.
I'd give Witt until the ASB. I want a long, stable look at him playing SS and just SS.

So far, I don't think he's proclaiming "I'm your SS" with his defensive performance. He is so, so effective ranging back on the ball and tracking it in the air... but hasn't really stood out in other areas. I think your concerns about his defense are ultimately going to be proven true.

I think I'd be looking at him as a long-term CF option rather than 3B if SS ultimately ends up not working out (and right now, the trend line there is not good).

Sometimes guys have all the tools and lack the consistency to tap into them. That might be him. When those guys start on the dirt, they often end up in the outfield. Many CFs started their pro careers as SS.

Garcia is raking at Omaha and is looking more like a legitimate + bat every day.

The Royals aren't going anywhere any time soon, so they might as well give every decision rope until sufficient data exists for decision making.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:43 PM 04-12-2023
I better question is why are we subjected to Dozier and Bradley 2 of the 3 worst players in baseball.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:56 PM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The most frustrating thing is that we already know/knew that half the guys in the lineup will never be better than mediocre players. If you're going to commit to a full-on youth movement, they'd better at least be legit and exciting prospects. And the few veterans that are sprinkled in better be respectable players.

My prediction is that, near the end of the season, they'll go on a run and convince the fans and FO that they've turned the corner. Then another offseason with minimal investment and more of the same crap next year.
I'm gonna give them a bit more time, since you know, they're only 7% through the season. Were basically through 5 quarters of football. You can't make kind of decision just yet.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:57 PM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I better question is why are we subjected to Dozier and Bradley 2 of the 3 worst players in baseball.
Dozier is getting paid, but that shouldn't even matter. Idk why JBJ is playing at all.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 01:10 PM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
The best thing going for Salt Lake City's bid will be Seattle's desire to have closer opponents since the Mariners lead the majors in travel miles by far.

But I still see Las Vegas, Nashville and Charlotte ahead of them in terms of desirably.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 333
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up