ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Neil Smith will bang the pre-game drum
siberian khatru 10:23 AM 01-21-2022
**** him and the Broncos he rode out on.

Former #Chiefs Defensive End Neil Smith will serve as the Drum Honoree this week for #Chiefs vs #Bills .

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 21, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I think it's a great choice... he can show off his two rings as inspiration for the team to go get their second. Honestly, I don't really get all the hate.
He was a dick to the fans after he retired. That's really the biggest issue. He gloated about winning Super Bowls for another team and talked down about KC in the process.

To this day, fans hate Steve Bono, not because he was a bad QB but because he talked after he left about how boring KC was compared to San Francisco and basically called it a backwater town.

Neil Smith didn't just play for the Broncos and he didn't just win a Super Bowl with them. He was absolutely classless about it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:43 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Speaking of extremely confusing and unnecessarily convoluted math - how's the Chiefs Franchise Index looking these days?
Oh, let me see when the last update was. Or maybe I should wait until after the Super Bowl to update it.
[Reply]
scho63 11:45 AM 01-21-2022
Based on the posts here, I expect more boos than cheers when Neil is announced.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:50 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Based on the posts here, I expect more boos than cheers when Neil is announced.
This was 25 years ago. Lots of Chiefs fans weren't even fans then, or understand the history. Only old bastards like me who hold football grudges would know the Neil Smith history.

If you lived through that time like I did, and saw Neil come into Arrowhead with JOHN ELWAY and taunt Chiefs fans while KNOCKING US OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS... well, let's just say that stung more than a little.

There's only a couple people in the Chiefs Hall of Honor that I vehemently disagree with. Jack Steadman is one. He ran the franchise into the ground for 15 years. Neil Smith is the other. Disgrace that he was inducted.
[Reply]
milkshock 11:55 AM 01-21-2022
Well this has gone down well with the fan base…

You would think Clark would know better than pulling a stunt like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:56 AM 01-21-2022
I don't hate Smith, but the KC media department or whoever made this choice should realize celebrating a player who had to go to a division rival to win anything meaningful isn't the best playoff ju-ju.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:57 AM 01-21-2022
Mr. Doggity said he heard on 810 that we're drawing the same officiating crew that we got in Cincy.

This is not lining up well. At all.
I'm now officially worried.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 11:59 AM 01-21-2022
what if he does it wearing a 58 jersey?
[Reply]
milkshock 11:59 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Mr. Doggity said he heard on 810 that we're drawing the same officiating crew that we got in Cincy.

JFC if that’s true then we are well and truly screwed

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:00 PM 01-21-2022
A silver lining in all of this is that we have beaten the Donks 13 straight and they are living in "has been world" the last 5 years, if they were remotely relevant this wouldn't be an issue.
[Reply]
Spott 12:00 PM 01-21-2022

I saw that too and then immediately looked up his history. He definitely sucks, but apparently sucks more for the visiting teams and doesn’t have a long history of screwing us in particular.
[Reply]
milkshock 12:01 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
what if he does it wearing a 58 jersey?

As a tribute to Von?

[Reply]
wazu 12:03 PM 01-21-2022

That's not correct. We're drawing the crew we were SUPPOSED to have in Cincy, but didn't get because of COVID. Remember they changed on us last minute. Profootball reference last I check hadn't corrected who they marked as having officiated that game.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:04 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by milkshock:
As a tribute to Von?

No....DT.
[Reply]
milkshock 12:05 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
No....DT.
if he wears 58, it wil be as a tribute to Von - no matter what he may try to claim.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up