« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official College Football 2021 Thread ****
Titty Meat 04:45 PM 08-27-2021
Week 3 schedule

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/
[Reply]
tredadda 08:30 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea and at ND you have a bunch of older fans that don't understand ND isn't what it use to be... Michigan has thar same issue. Those are great jobs, top 10 jobs but they aren't what they were when I was a kid.
Orgeron won a National Championship two years ago with arguably one of the greatest college football teams of all time and is now looking for another job. Kelly is leaving a school that seemed content with what he produced for them (lots of wins, but no championships) to a school and program that evaluates their success in light of Alabama. He is going to be expected very early to beat Alabama and compete for championships. If he can't do that he will have a very short tenure at LSU.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:31 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Not really.

LSU is Alabama's only real competition when every program in the West is at its best (Ole Miss, Auburn, Arkansas, Miss St., A&M are all at a least step lower in terms of ceiling lower in a given year, IMO). Lose to Alabama, win the rest of your games, and you're still in. LSU is even more likely to get in when they expand to 12 regardless of Alabama.
I can't say that I agree. A lot of years, losing to Alabama alone = no SECCG

A&M is a team on the rise if they can stop going through QB's, Kiffin looks to be staying and the Hogs are on the up.

They also will not be patient with him. They will want results no later than year 3.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:31 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Top coaching jobs according to the Athletic polling coaches.

Alabama

Ohio State

Georgia

Texas

LSU

USC

Clemson

Oklahoma

Notre Dame

Florida
Michigan and Texas A&M are the next 2...

List seems about right though. Other than I think 8-12 are pretty interchangeable.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:33 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The PAC 12 has 1 team he has to beat 1.
The Big 12 overall was no better. I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong but I don't see him winning any more at USC than he did at OU.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:33 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

A&M is a team on the rise if they can stop going through QB's, Kiffin looks to be staying and the Hogs are on the up.

They also will not be patient with him. They will want results no later than year 3.
You don't have to win the West to make the POs (Alabama lost to Auburn in 2017 and missed the SECCG).

I think Jimbo's best days are behind him. I'd be concerned about Ole Miss but I don't think they have as large of a booster base as LSU to get more $ into the program. Arkansas will always be an after thought and need a coach like Pittman to put them into top half of the SEC.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:34 PM 11-29-2021
ND is one of two schools I worry about CMC leaving Iowa State for. It sounds like the Cincinnati coach, and their own DC are the top targets.

Obviously sometimes coaching searches go past the top two before finding someone. Feel a little better about their own DC being an option though.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:35 PM 11-29-2021

No chance Kiffen stays at Ole Miss if a blue blood program reaches out to him.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:36 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
No chance Kiffen stays at Ole Miss if a blue blood program reaches out to him.
I don't see Lane leaving until Saban retires to go to Alabama.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:37 PM 11-29-2021
You don't have to win the West to make the POs (Alabama lost to Auburn in 2017 and missed the SECCG).

I think Jimbo's best days are behind him. I'd be concerned about Ole Miss but I don't think they have as large of a booster base as LSU to get more $ into the program. Arkansas will always be an after though and need a coach like Pittman to put them into top half of the SEC.
Sure it's possible but I'd rather bet on making it into the playoffs because ND bullshit than hope the rest of the teams suck too much to qualify.

Not that LSU is a bad job because it's not. Just that ND is a good job too and he had security there he will never ever get at LSU.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:38 PM 11-29-2021
Bama is going to get moved over to the SEC East.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:38 PM 11-29-2021
I don't see Lane leaving until Saban retires to go to Alabama.
It's possible, but his history speaks otherwise.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:39 PM 11-29-2021
Sure it's possible but I'd rather bet on making it into the playoffs because ND bullshit than hope the rest of the teams suck too much to qualify.

Not that LSU is a bad job because it's not. Just that ND is a good job too and he had security there he will never ever get at LSU.
I think Kelly would get on the hot seat at ND when/if they started missing POs by not being affiliated with a conference and starts losing recruits as a result.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:39 PM 11-29-2021

LSU's offer to Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly is a 10-year deal that will take him north of $100 million with incentives, sources tell @BrodyAMiller and me.

— Matt Fortuna (@Matt_Fortuna) November 30, 2021

[Reply]
tredadda 08:41 PM 11-29-2021

Exactly. How many times will he be able to lose to Alabama before they fire him?
[Reply]
tredadda 08:42 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Bama is going to get moved over to the SEC East.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 125 of 174
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135 > Last »
Up