ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 44
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
bdj23 02:12 PM 07-30-2021
Not trying to get political by lol fuck that @ wearing a mask during the dog days of summer in STL at a ballgame
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:21 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Looks like the Cards traded for a very shitty old starter in JA Happ. He has an ERA just under 7 with around a -2 WAR on the year.

Gave up Gant and a minor league reliever in Evan Sisk.

Nice work Mo.
And they traded for Jon Lester.

I’m done following this team unless the DeWitts actually spend money or try to build for the future.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:26 PM 07-30-2021
I fucking hate Jon Lester
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:26 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Print em
Originally Posted by Miles:
Looks like the Cards traded for a very shitty old starter in JA Happ. He has an ERA just under 7 with around a -2 WAR on the year.

Gave up Gant and a minor league reliever in Evan Sisk.

Nice work Mo.
I like it. I didn’t want them to do a damn thing. This is as close as we can get. We have a shot at a legit team next year. This years team is going nowhere. Not trading our top talent for some rental would have been a disaster.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:27 PM 07-30-2021
Could be worse. The Cubs are basically the turkey carcass after Thanksgiving dinner.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:30 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I like it. I didn’t want them to do a damn thing. This is as close as we can get. We have a shot at a legit team next year. This years team is going nowhere. Not trading our top talent for some rental would have been a disaster.

How do you like trading for Happ and Lester?

They've been worse than Gant.

There's literally nothing of positive value, short or long term, that they got in return, aside from warm bodies.

Doing nothing is better than what they just did.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
Could be worse. The Cubs are basically the turkey carcass after Thanksgiving dinner.
They at least have hope for the future.

The Cardinals don't have anything. Period.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:07 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

There's literally nothing of positive value, short or long term, that they got in return, aside from warm bodies.

They at least have hope for the future.

The Cardinals don't have anything. Period.
The Cardinals minor league system is better stocked than the Cubs. Cubs are utterly, totally, fucked for the next half decade+.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:13 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

my thinking was on a curve. Liberatore/Gorman for Turner would have been a normal Mo trade. So trading shit for shit is at least better than that scenerio. No one has defended Mo in this thread for over a decade. We expect incompetence and inept FA picks.

No idea why you think Liberatore, Gorman, Herrera and Thompson are trash. We also get $40 million gain in salary from the Carp and Fowler contracts. Surely Dewitt will spend that money on a bat.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:31 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
The Cardinals minor league system is better stocked than the Cubs. Cubs are utterly, totally, fucked for the next half decade+.
That depends entirely on what they do in the offseason. They could very easily just go back and re-sign every single player they just traded besides Kimbrel. But the fact that they traded Kimbrel for MLB pieces makes me believe they have plans on spending in this next 2 FA periods which are pretty stacked and they have a handful of guys that are quickly rising up prospect boards.

https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/...er=&pos=&team=

Cubs system ranked 9th in farm value before these trades. Cardinals sit at 20.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 04:03 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
The Cardinals minor league system is better stocked than the Cubs. Cubs are utterly, totally, ****ed for the next half decade+.
Part of the reason why the Cardinals are in the situation they're in currently is because they have no one ready in Memphis pitching wise aside from maybe Liberatore-who should be worth the wait and development. Offensively, there's Gorman in Memphis, who switched positions and is taking time getting adjusted to higher quality pitching. Herrerra in Springfield also seems promising. After that it's very underwhelming.

my thinking was on a curve. Liberatore/Gorman for Turner would have been a normal Mo trade. So trading shit for shit is at least better than that scenerio. No one has defended Mo in this thread for over a decade. We expect incompetence and inept FA picks.

No idea why you think Liberatore, Gorman, Herrera and Thompson are trash. We also get $40 million gain in salary from the Carp and Fowler contracts. Surely Dewitt will spend that money on a bat.
Offense isn't really an issue in my mind. DeJong needs to stop playing like shit. Carpenter will be gone. Arenado/Goldschmidt/O'Neil/Carlson/Edman for the most part have been doing what's asked of them. Bader's actually hitting. Getting another bat won't hurt, but that's not the issue.

The rotation's been decimated by injury with no replacements what so ever. And they didn't go out in the offseason to invest in any solution.

Additionally, they declined Wong's option. They also are basically getting Arenado for free this season.
[Reply]
Miles 04:28 PM 07-30-2021
Guess theses are old guys to just throw out there to eat innings. Pretty amusing exchange of bad players with Lester for Lane Thomas.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:14 PM 08-03-2021

Proof that Jon Lester is a Cub at heart.

6 ER thru 2 IP. pic.twitter.com/V3Ubyb0YSv

— The 3-0 Take (MLB Podcast) (@the30takepod) August 4, 2021

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:37 PM 08-04-2021
Been a rough year for the Cardinals starting pitching
Being 10.5 games out with 50 to play puts the Cards in a rough spot. Desperation time is fast approaching.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:28 PM 08-04-2021
He's just old and tired. His last 3 or so years on the Cubs you could tell he was playing on borrowed time. His hard hit rate was skyrocketing. Probably the only reason he's still going is to try and get to 200 wins and I dont even know if he gets there and he's at 196 right now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:02 PM 08-24-2021

The Cardinals have agreed to a one-year, $10 million contract extension with Yadier Molina, sources tell The Athletic.

— Katie Woo (@katiejwoo) August 24, 2021

[Reply]
Page 16 of 44
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up