ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 37
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020-21 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
comochiefsfan 10:08 PM 12-02-2020
Apologies if someone else already started this, but thought I would get the conversation going if not.

Hell of a win tonight. Pinson is a stud. Tilmon looks to have finally learned how to defend without fouling.

Definitely a promising start to the season. 2-0 and looks like this has a chance to be the best team of the Cuonzo era up to this point.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:30 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Make that 2 naive MUrons!
You’re right. I forget that some of the Jayhawk fans have moved outside of Lawrence and probably self mutilate their brackets in other locations as well. The point still stands, though. They definitely don’t have the same championship pedigree as the other blue bloods. I’m sure they just get a pass because of the whole Naismith thing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:34 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I always find it funny that KU tries to link themselves in with the blue bloods. It’s not like they have the same consistency as North Carolina, Duke, or Kentucky at winning titles and they definitely never had a run in college basketball like UCLA had. KU is more like the 90’s Chiefs. They have great consistent regular seasons, but no one outside of Lawrence considers them a threat to cut down the nets anymore.
Not our fault we are better than you. :-)

UNC, Duke, and UK all know we belong. We have multiple championships with many Final Fours, unlike those 90's Chiefs teams that couldn't even win a playoff game.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:35 AM 11-16-2021
You’re right. I forget that some of the Jayhawk fans have moved outside of Lawrence and probably self mutilate their brackets in other locations as well. The point still stands, though. They definitely don’t have the same championship pedigree as the other blue bloods. I’m sure they just get a pass because of the whole Naismith thing.
Unlike MU, the Jayhawks have a large national following, in basketball anyway.

You know, like all the other Blueblood programs.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:36 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Not our fault we are better than you. :-)

UNC, Duke, and UK all know we belong. We have multiple championships with many Final Fours, unlike those 90's Chiefs teams that couldn't even win a playoff game.
Yeah but you have to sell your soul to the devil for championships, you also have to do gay things in order to win.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:37 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Mizzou basketball has been a joyless slog for the following reasons:

1) Mike Alden hired Quin Snyder instead of Bill Self in 1999
2) After replacing Kim with a good coach and losing said good coach to Arkansas, Alden NEARLY landed Matt Painter and then panicked when he didn't and jumped straight to Plan Q - a guy he knew would say yes.
3) Because of Haith's NCAA issues, Alden refused to extend him and he jumped to a mid-major.
4) Because of 1, 2, and 3, Alden had no power left, and was forced to hire an unqualified disaster because of old fools, their nostalgia, and their lack of understanding of the current college basketball landscape
5) After Alden finally left, the shit sandwich of (4) led Sterk to panic when negotiating the contract with a very mediocre coach and make it nearly impossible to move on from him for simply making an NCAA tournament.

The last truly enjoyable season was a decade ago.

If Mizzou stops fucking things up, college basketball becomes enjoyable again.

(SIGH)

I don't understand why this is so hard. I was all in on Gregg Marshall in 2007 (when they hired Mike Anderson) and was a big Brad Underwood fan when they hired Kim Anderson.

If I can identify those guys, how the fuck can the ADs/search committees NOT?
Christ, sounds like KU football. You have my sincere sympathies.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:38 AM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Yeah but you have to sell your soul to the devil for championships, you also have to do gay things in order to win.
Yes, and you know you'd do it all for one MU basketball championship. Maybe try and get past the E8 just once.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:41 AM 11-16-2021
Yes, and you know you'd do it all for one MU basketball championship. Maybe try and get past the E8 just once.
It won’t make a difference in my life.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:20 PM 11-16-2021
How is MU coming along on their championship pedigrees?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:40 PM 11-16-2021
The **** is ku fan doing in this thread?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:43 PM 11-16-2021
:-)
It's an absolute dog shit product. Kind of like the abomination of a beaker Faider
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:59 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
They have nothing better to do with their time.

You know, that, and the fact that they're still not totally obsessed with Mizzou after all these years . . . . . . .

It's unhealthy guys. Move on. We had a good run, but it's over.

Also, it's basketball season now. The one time of year that KU fan feels the need to have a dick measuring contest. Makes them feel better about themselves. You know, until the inevitable Tourney flameout . . . . . .
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:02 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Losing to UMKC is the final nail for any Mizzou coach. This would be like KU losing to Emporia State.

Mizzou just lost the entire KC Metro market. Nobody who lives here will take them seriously this season. I know I won't.
UMKC is a fine institution sir
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:10 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Trying to find a conference that wants them.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:12 PM 11-16-2021
Quin Snyder could really recruit. Only lost out on David Lee and then of course Hansbrough but that is when the shit was going down.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:17 PM 11-16-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Quin Snyder could really recruit. Only lost out on David Lee and then of course Hansbrough but that is when the shit was going down.
He was a REALLY good coach (as were Matt Eberflus and Alex Grinch). Mizzou Fan hated them anyway.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 37
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up