ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 37
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020-21 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
comochiefsfan 10:08 PM 12-02-2020
Apologies if someone else already started this, but thought I would get the conversation going if not.

Hell of a win tonight. Pinson is a stud. Tilmon looks to have finally learned how to defend without fouling.

Definitely a promising start to the season. 2-0 and looks like this has a chance to be the best team of the Cuonzo era up to this point.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:56 AM 03-22-2021
Why does it not surprise me that a guy like Prison Bitch is a KU fan?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:03 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
SEC SEC SEC!
Does this mean the SEC is doing well? Not doing well?

How are the various conferences doing?
[Reply]
bowener 10:12 AM 03-23-2021
Where is the ku fan now? I don't think Mizzou vs Gonzaga would turn out as bad as USC kicking the ever-living shit out of ku. This is why ku can't be a self-appointed champion last season because we all know they would have blown it just like this.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:17 AM 03-23-2021
yeah that was a 34 point loss for KU, worst in program history of the tourney

I think they were favored as well 3 seed vs 6 seed
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:22 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by bowener:
Where is the ku fan now? I don't think Mizzou vs Gonzaga would turn out as bad as USC kicking the ever-living shit out of ku. This is why ku can't be a self-appointed champion last season because we all know they would have blown it just like this.
We all gathered in the Wichita State Shockers repository, obviously. :-)

How many National Championships do you think KU should have won in the past 20 years?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:23 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by bowener:
Wait, is TLO a ku fan? :-) Why was he posting in here?

I can't imagine ku fan wanting to post about Mizzou, but who knows.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:37 AM 03-23-2021
Kim English got his first head gig, officially, today.

He'll be running the show at George Mason. I think he's got huge, huge upside. He's very smart and understands modern basketball. He has sat at the knee of some very different head coaches (Mike Anderson, Rick Barnes, even Haith - who for all his faults was a creative offensive coach who adapted his offense to his personnel each year at Mizzou). He's personable in the media and was an excellent recruiter as an assistant and even as a player.

I think he'll recruit well, I think he'll maximize his talent, and I think he'll scout and develop guys well.

He probably won't be ready to take over when Martin's time ends here (after 2 seasons). I fully expect him to land somewhere that would be really hard to pull him away from in the mean time.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:44 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
We all gathered in the Wichita State Shockers repository, obviously. :-)

How many National Championships do you think KU should have won in the past 20 years?
As a proud Kentucky alum, more than 1.

Same applies for UK.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:10 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
As a proud Kentucky alum, more than 1.

Same applies for UK.
Sure.

Beyond the trolling dipshittery, I'm always curious if someone actually does have higher expectations (KU fan or not), what their logic is around that and what it's compared to.

I mean, I think 3 schools have 3 NCs in the past 20 years, and another couple have two each... so, I'd put the 'expected' number at 2 or maybe 3. And you can find a few years where they were supposed to win it all, plus another few when they were in the mix.

So, all that comes down to is winning as few as ~1-5 more games over 20 years... and I guess they could just not make the tournament at all in some years, like Duke and UNC and UK have all accomplished...and those are "forgotten" years versus choking? : shrug:

This year's team wasn't going anywhere. 2020 sucks in that when you're talking an additional 1 or 2 NCs over 20 years, you want to make the most out of the great chances, just like having Embiid out a few years back. But, that's sports.

The trash talking just seems so weird.... harhar, your team that makes the EE every two years should have won another NC or two by now!! :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:11 AM 03-23-2021
Mizzou sucked in the tourney, but at least they didn't get blasted by 34 points!
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:13 AM 03-23-2021
Sure.

Beyond the trolling dipshittery, I'm always curious if someone actually does have higher expectations (KU fan or not), what their logic is around that and what it's compared to.

I mean, I think 3 schools have 3 NCs in the past 20 years, and another couple have two each... so, I'd put the 'expected' number at 2 or maybe 3. And you can find a few years where they were supposed to win it all, plus another few when they were in the mix.

So, all that comes down to is winning as few as ~1-5 more games over 20 years... and I guess they could just not make the tournament at all in some years, like Duke and UNC and UK have all accomplished...and those are "forgotten" years versus choking? : shrug:

This year's team wasn't going anywhere. 2020 sucks in that when you're talking an additional 1 or 2 NCs over 20 years, you want to make the most out of the great chances, just like having Embiid out a few years back. But, that's sports.

The trash talking just seems so weird.... harhar, your team that makes the EE every two years should have won another NC or two by now!! :-)
Oh suck shit Bearcat. Youre not even a real fucking animal.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:16 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Kim English got his first head gig, officially, today.

He'll be running the show at George Mason. I think he's got huge, huge upside. He's very smart and understands modern basketball. He has sat at the knee of some very different head coaches (Mike Anderson, Rick Barnes, even Haith - who for all his faults was a creative offensive coach who adapted his offense to his personnel each year at Mizzou). He's personable in the media and was an excellent recruiter as an assistant and even as a player.

I think he'll recruit well, I think he'll maximize his talent, and I think he'll scout and develop guys well.

He probably won't be ready to take over when Martin's time ends here (after 2 seasons). I fully expect him to land somewhere that would be really hard to pull him away from in the mean time.
Id love for MU to wait and see how English does with GM the next two years and if he has a little success bring him on over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:16 AM 03-23-2021
Sure.

Won't lie, I used to get a kick out of it when Kansas got bounced, especially when the mid majors did it.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:17 AM 03-23-2021
Sure.

I’ll put you in your place then and say look at Rupp Arena’s rafters filled with banners as well along with being better than almost any program by any metric across the board aside from maybe UNC and UCLA historically.

I think for a “blue blood” it’s astonishing KU only has 3 titles. UK should have more as well, but that’s second most all time. UCONN has more titles than KU. Villanova had the same number.

And Indiana isn’t even a blue blood anymore.

I’d rather a program compete consistently every 3-4 years to win it all vs make the tournament and do nothing. I’d take what Jay Wright has done at Villanova over Calipari at Kentucky.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 11:19 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Mizzou sucked in the tourney, but at least they didn't get blasted by 34 points!
Right?!

Mizzou is a lot better at losing than KU.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 37
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up