ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 35
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Thread
dlphg9 10:42 PM 12-13-2018
Seriously fuck him. He can't play when it really matters? Can't come in for the last drive of the game, because he tore his pussy? What was the point in him playing at all? He didn't look tired and didn't look hurt, so why couldn't he play for 10 more plays? He could have probably helped a lot on that final drive. Worthless fuck
[Reply]
threebag 01:31 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
But let's bitch about it non-stop in the meantime at least!

[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 01:35 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Reid said in his season ending press conference that Berry would be back.

So either he's coming back or they don't know he's retiring.

I hope that it was just coach-speak. Maybe to throw up a smokescreen as to what KC will look for in the draft.

I can see no reason to not make Berry a post-June 1 cut. At least salvage something from his ridiculous cap hit and move on.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:39 PM 02-06-2019

Day to day.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:43 PM 02-06-2019

Something's not adding up. If Berry is retiring, either he hasn't told the team or they are hiding it for now.

I'm obviously no expert on the matter, but if he's coming back it seems painfully clear that he needs surgery. The rest and rehab route obviously failed miserably this year and won't work next year. So he needs surgery, and the hold up is what exactly?
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 01:44 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
So he’s seen his shadow? Six more months of no football?
:-):-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:47 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Something's not adding up. If Berry is retiring, either he hasn't told the team or they are hiding it for now.

I'm obviously no expert on the matter, but if he's coming back it seems painfully clear that he needs surgery. The rest and rehab route obviously failed miserably this year and won't work next year. So he needs surgery, and the hold up is what exactly?
We're all oversimplifying it, IMO.

I don't think he's going to play next year. And I think it's going to be a bit shocking when the truth finally comes out. Remember when Berry said "it's complicated"?

Something is going on with this way beyond what we're privy to, like he has cancer again or he can't have surgery because of his Achilles issues or something. I imagine it will make more sense when it's all said and done and he's no longer on the team (which is where I think this is ultimately headed).
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:49 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s probably retiring
This is where I am leaning.

The idiots complaining about him not having surgery yet miss that as soon as he does his contract is locked in for another year.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:50 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
CP in January: Eric Berry is gonna get surgery right after the Super Bowl, fail his physical, and **** the Chiefs! **** Eric Berry!

CP in February: Why hasn't Eric Berry gotten surgery yet?! **** Eric Berry!
Bingo.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:54 PM 02-06-2019
Does anyone know if Berry or the team even have to announce if he has surgery? I doubt there are any NFL rules on that.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:57 PM 02-06-2019
So what if Berry doesn't get surgery before March (or June)? Someone said that if he has to have surgery that the Chiefs can't cut him. What if he chooses to not get surgery? Can the Chiefs cut him?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:57 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Does anyone know if Berry or the team even have to announce if he has surgery? I doubt there are any NFL rules on that.
They certainly don't have to, but from a PR standpoint you'd think both Berry and the Chiefs would agree that an announcement would go a long ways towards smoothing things over with fans who were upset with how this has been handled.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:58 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
So what if Berry doesn't get surgery before March (or June)? Someone said that if he has to have surgery that the Chiefs can't cut him. What if he chooses to not get surgery? Can the Chiefs cut him?
I believe he can still be cut, it's just that his salary for the year would be fully guaranteed and the savings wouldn't be as much.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:00 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
They certainly don't have to, but from a PR standpoint you'd think both Berry and the Chiefs would agree that an announcement would go a long ways towards smoothing things over with fans who were upset with how this has been handled.
Really?

Just look at this thread and the hostility therein.

You know darn well that anything they say is going to be "wrong" and people are going to be angry anyway.

There's only 2 things that would make people happy at this point and one of them is impossible since the season is over.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02-06-2019, 02:00 PM
This message has been deleted by OKchiefs.
BossChief 02:06 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
If he passes a physical in March they better cut him.
[Reply]
threebag 03:36 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We're all oversimplifying it, IMO.

I don't think he's going to play next year. And I think it's going to be a bit shocking when the truth finally comes out. Remember when Berry said "it's complicated"?

Something is going on with this way beyond what we're privy to, like he has cancer again or he can't have surgery because of his Achilles issues or something. I imagine it will make more sense when it's all said and done and he's no longer on the team (which is where I think this is ultimately headed).
I don’t wish bad for him and TBH if he was able to suit up and produce that would be the ideal storyline. I hope he doesn’t have to deal with a cancer again. Cancer fucking sucks and needs wiped off the face of the earth.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 35
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up