ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 35
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Thread
dlphg9 10:42 PM 12-13-2018
Seriously fuck him. He can't play when it really matters? Can't come in for the last drive of the game, because he tore his pussy? What was the point in him playing at all? He didn't look tired and didn't look hurt, so why couldn't he play for 10 more plays? He could have probably helped a lot on that final drive. Worthless fuck
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:47 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Not sure why everyone is upset about his contract. He’s was the best in the league at the that time, you can’t predict injuries. Shit happens, he deserved that contract.
No he wasn't. Never has he been the best in the league.
[Reply]
bigjosh 02:57 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:

Although, he has been the highest paid since his rookie year.

He will probably go have the surgery right before training camp or OTAs and miss the entire season.
[Reply]
Flying High D 03:56 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He’s best at salary for production.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:23 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Not sure why everyone is upset about his contract. He’s was the best in the league at the that time, you can’t predict injuries. Shit happens, he deserved that contract.
His contract is for 70m

The next highest paid safety contract is about 50m

And he has given the team absolutely NOTHING since signing that deal.

The NFL is a results based BUSINESS unless emotions get involved...Clark treats Eric like his son...Eric treats him like a businessman.
[Reply]
Rawlsian 04:42 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because the Chiefs we're stuck between a rock and another ****ing rock.

1. Re-sign Berry and overpay.
2. Let Berry walk and take the PR hit for letting a cancer survivor leave.

And you can sit there and talk about how #2 isn't a huge deal....but you damn sure know it would have been if Berry went someplace else and won a championship.
Bro it's a bizzness. You think BB and Kraft would have kept him?
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:11 PM 02-05-2019
if you look at the contracts of every safety in the league it is actually amazing wondering how in the world did Berry fleeced the Chiefs to give him 18 million more than the next highest paid safety in the entire league.

He's a complete outlier in terms of contract because it's so absurdly high based on the deviation of everyone else at the position that it's actually funny.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:18 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
John Wall of the Wizards has a similar injury and he opted for surgery almost immediately with a 6 to 8 month time table.

If Berry's injury is even close to that theres no way he will be ready by camp.
And now they are saying they have found its ruptured somehow on John Wall's.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:20 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly....Now SAUTO should chime in with a "Prove it," any second now...:-)
I'll keep asking you to until you do prove it. Which none of you can. Because it's not true.

Hunt basically nixed the "berry has to buy liability insurance and make the chiefs payable from it" clause.
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:22 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
And now they are saying they have found its ruptured somehow on John Wall's.
Yea I read up on a bit today. Apparently when you opt in for the surgery to fix this issue they detach and reattach the Achilles? Then warn you that post op accidents are VERY common (i.e like a fall) and that you might need more surgery anyway.

I think Wall was playing with this issue for a much longer time than Berry has been over the course of a much longer sport in terms of games played that it was bothering him so much that he wanted to try something else, in this case the surgery and he basically turned into Berry's guinea pig.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:26 PM 02-05-2019
He wasn't taking less on his second contract with us than on his first. That's why he's paid so much more than the other safeties.

How many of them were drafted top 5 and paid 50 million on their rookie deal? How many of them were as good as him on paper at that point?

That's why he's paid that much more.
[Reply]
TEX 05:43 PM 02-05-2019
I'll keep asking you to until you do prove it. Which none of you can. Because it's not true.

Hunt basically nixed the "berry has to buy liability insurance and make the chiefs payable from it" clause.
And, I'll keep telling you to do your own intel, because you're the type that needs to prove things to yourself. And guess what? You just did.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:10 PM 02-05-2019
And, I'll keep telling you to do your own intel, because you're the type that needs to prove things to yourself. And guess what? You just did.
I did my own Intel.

From what I see hunt only did away with the insurance policy. Which wouldn't help us now anyway.

Any more than that you've just made up in your head, which is why you can't provide proof.
[Reply]
TEX 08:25 PM 02-05-2019
I did my own Intel.

From what I see hunt only did away with the insurance policy. Which wouldn't help us now anyway.

Any more than that you've just made up in your head, which is why you can't provide proof.
Dude, you crack me up! You can't admit when you're wrong, even when you prove it to yourself! :-)

Now, follow along, because I'm only doing this once, but it will be here so you can click your heals together and read it over and over again - By your own admission, HUNT GOT INVOLVED, AND what he did (I will quote you)
Originally Posted by :
"Hunt basically nixed the "Berry has to buy liability insurance and make the Chiefs payable from it" clause.
directly altered the negotiations.

THE END
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:16 PM 02-05-2019
1) We need one of those "doomsday clock"-style counters for this thread showing time elapsed from the AFCCG with no surgery scheduled.

2) I wouldn't go so far as Berry being a "cancer". Instead, I'll just go with "shitty, slow player that doesn't need to be on my football field anymore", because that's exactly where the truth now lies. Watching Berry play Safety is now akin to watching Alex Smith attempt to run an offense and navigate a defensive threat. And just like Alex; I'll have NONE of that. ZERO.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:22 PM 02-05-2019
Dude, you crack me up! You can't admit when you're wrong, even when you prove it to yourself! :-)

Now, follow along, because I'm only doing this once, but it will be here so you can click your heals together and read it over and over again - By your own admission, HUNT GOT INVOLVED, AND what he did (I will quote you) directly altered the negotiations.

THE END
He didn't offer the money.

You're acting like he stepped in and did the deal. Actually i think you've said that.

He didn't.

You said hunt wanted him and Dorsey didn't.

Moving them goal posts?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 35
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up