ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Red Dirt Juke Box
Iowanian 04:41 PM 01-13-2015
In several discussions about music, several posters bring in Red Dirt Music to the conversation.

In this thread, I'd like to do things a little different to help people learn about our favorite artists, and post a couple of youtube videos of their song and your personal favorite playlist of that artist.
Feel free to include your own contributions, but follow the format. Videos of live performances, and list a few of your favorite songs.

I've met a few of these guys and have had beers with some of them, so I'll share stories and nuggets that they've told me. It's fine if you have a different take of the same artists or offer a different playlist.

Happy listening.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:49 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I enjoy Cody Jinks. This song I stumbled upon on a 'Snake Farm' radio station on Amazon. Goddamn if it isn't the best thing I've heard in a long while. It's quite the story:

McMurty has some great songs and this is one of them. I found him about 3 years also and he's in my consistent rotation. I also love the lights of Cheyenne.
[Reply]
Iowanian 01:35 PM 05-27-2020
McMurtry's dad is Larry McMurtry, Author of Lonesome Dove.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:48 PM 05-27-2020
Still pissed that the Tyler Childers/Sturgill Simpson tour is canceled.
[Reply]
arrwheader 01:49 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Still pissed that the Tyler Childers/Sturgill Simpson tour is canceled.
Yep had tickets.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
R Clark 01:54 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
McMurtry's dad is Larry McMurtry, Author of Lonesome Dove.
I wondered about that aren’t they from Oklahoma panhandle or Texas?Also surprised no one has mentioned Tyler’s song all your’n ,pretty damn good song and the video is trippy as hell .
[Reply]
lewdog 08:33 AM 05-30-2020
https://youtu.be/36Vs_JoIvjA
[Reply]
Iowanian 01:39 PM 06-10-2020
Whiskey Myers has announced a music festival in Kansas City Oct 1-3.
WWW.Firewaterfest.com

Lineup to be announced tomorrow!
[Reply]
Red Beans 03:56 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
McMurty has some great songs and this is one of them. I found him about 3 years also and he's in my consistent rotation. I also love the lights of Cheyenne.
Lost in the Backyard off the album Where' You Hide the Body is an excellent tune of his as well. Long Island Sound off of Complicated Game is killer too. James McMurty is one hell of a story teller.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:22 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Whiskey Myers has announced a music festival in Kansas City Oct 1-3.
WWW.Firewaterfest.com

Lineup to be announced tomorrow!
Fire water fest

:-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:52 AM 06-11-2020
https://www.firewatermusicfestival.com/lineup

Whiskey Meyers, Drive By Truckers, Whitey Morgan, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Steel Woods, Shane Smith and the Saints, Chris Knight, Bones Owens, Tennessee Jet, Jaime Wyatt, Rob Leines.

I don't know all of the above but I'm a fan of some of them. It's going to be near La Cygne, Ks
[Reply]
lewdog 09:45 PM 06-28-2020
Someone update me on Turnpike. Have we seen the last of them?!?!

I heard Kyle was working on his own music but I have only heard a single so far from him.

Felker, has he got his shit together yet?!?!

I miss them dearly.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:25 PM 06-28-2020
The interview with Nix is the best I could find.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktul.co...ses-solo-album
[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:59 AM 06-29-2020
I only recently became aware of Tyler Childers when the band I'm in decided to do a cover of this song, but the more I look into his music the more I'm digging his style.

[Reply]
Iowanian 08:17 AM 06-29-2020
Tyler Childers is an animal. Dig deeper. He's awesome.

My favorite song isn't even recorded, "Peace of Mind".

I haven't heard anything about Turnpike other than I saw them push some Merch online a couple of weeks ago that gave people some hope. I assume they're just dumping inventory and trying to make some money. Nix and RC are doing solo things.
[Reply]
otherstar 08:37 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
He's one of the best songwriters out there right now!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up