ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'll say it; Mike Vrabel is a huge liability on this defense
steelyeyed57 06:11 PM 12-12-2010
He routinely fails to set the edge on outside contain. He routinely fails to get near the QB on his blitzes. He is routinely beaten in pass coverage. Today, in particular, he had crucial missed tackles.
I realize he has a lot of knowledge and leadership, but his dwindling athleticism is negating whatever intangibles he brings to the table.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:15 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Yeah, that smarter bit isn't likely. Even if he is a Harvard grad or whatever, football smart is very different from other kinds of smart. They don't get much more football smart than Vrabes.
As proven by his five years on the bench in Pittsburgh.

:-)

I realize that Vrabel is a folk hero to you people in Boston but in Kansas City, he's waste of a roster space.

And I'll never forget that shit he pulled in the 2009 offseason, especially because that's when this team most needed his leadership.
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:22 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As proven by his five years on the bench in Pittsburgh.

I realize that Vrabel is a folk hero to you people in Boston but in Kansas City, he's waste of a roster space.

And I'll never forget that shit he pulled in the 2009 offseason, especially because that's when this team most needed his leadership.
WTF is wrong with you?

First, it's four years with Pitt, not five. Second, he was playing on a team that had ELITE linebackers. Did Kevin McHale suck because he was "on the bench" behind Larry Bird and Cedric Maxwell?

I have no idea what he pulled in the 2009 offseason, and I have no idea how he is playing for you guys. No matter how good a player once was, no matter how smart he was/is, sooner or later the body is unable to do what the mind demands, and unable to compete with younger players. THAT IS WHY THE PATRIOTS LET HIM GO. Because he was obviously on the downside. Not necessarily DONE, but on the downside.

I had ONE nit to pick with you -- football smarts. Mike Vrabel is one of the smartest players in terms of football smarts that Bill Belichick ever had. I know because BB **said** it. Now you're saying that some limp-dick backup (who clearly must suck because he's on the bench (??)) is more football smart than a guy who has won three Super Bowl rings, was a key starter for those SB winning teams, and has seen and done it all in the NFL.

Sorry I disagree, but I do. And I think if you asked RAC which one was more football smart, he'd look at you like the fool you're being.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 02:26 PM 12-13-2010
watchin him try to get his hips to flex at the point of attack is comedy.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 02:29 PM 12-13-2010
Haley has played rookies, UFA's, guys off the street, etc. If Studebaker isn't getting more playing time, it's probably because he isn't that good.

This reminds me of everyone complaining how bad McGraw was, then when the guy misses a few games and the secondary gets torched everyone wants him back.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:39 PM 12-13-2010
WTF is wrong with you?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:39 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Haley has played rookies, UFA's, guys off the street, etc. If Studebaker isn't getting more playing time, it's probably because he isn't that good.

This reminds me of everyone complaining how bad McGraw was, then when the guy misses a few games and the secondary gets torched everyone wants him back.
Then why did they extend his contract and pay him $1.5-2.5 million per season?
[Reply]
Reaper16 02:41 PM 12-13-2010
*sees visions of Studebaker getting sucked into Phillip Rivers' block like his brain was replaced with Madden A.I.*
[Reply]
beach tribe 02:47 PM 12-13-2010
WTF is wrong with you?

First, it's four years with Pitt, not five. Second, he was playing on a team that had ELITE linebackers. Did Kevin McHale suck because he was "on the bench" behind Larry Bird and Cedric Maxwell?

I have no idea what he pulled in the 2009 offseason, and I have no idea how he is playing for you guys. No matter how good a player once was, no matter how smart he was/is, sooner or later the body is unable to do what the mind demands, and unable to compete with younger players. THAT IS WHY THE PATRIOTS LET HIM GO. Because he was obviously on the downside. Not necessarily DONE, but on the downside.

I had ONE nit to pick with you -- football smarts. Mike Vrabel is one of the smartest players in terms of football smarts that Bill Belichick ever had. I know because BB **said** it. Now you're saying that some limp-dick backup (who clearly must suck because he's on the bench (??)) is more football smart than a guy who has won three Super Bowl rings, was a key starter for those SB winning teams, and has seen and done it all in the NFL.

Sorry I disagree, but I do. And I think if you asked RAC which one was more football smart, he'd look at you like the fool you're being.
You've been here long enough to know better than let Dane rile you up.

I believe Vrabel was brought here as much to help the other Lbs transition to the 3-4, as he was to play, and he can probably take a little of the credit that they have all excelled. Vrabel has always been known as a smart player. The kind Pioli loves. The general consensus of CP is that if a player hasn't peaked, and become great by his third season, then he never will.
Vrabel played smart, and he played well in years past that's all I know, and seems to me that he passed some of that knowledge along.
[Reply]
beach tribe 02:50 PM 12-13-2010
Then why did they extend his contract and pay him $1.5-2.5 million per season?
Because, obviously not everyone thinks that he's not going to get better. I think they just believe that Vrabel gives them a better shot at this point in time, but that Stude has upside, and is going to be a valuable part of the LB rotation.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 02:56 PM 12-13-2010
Why would a guy that's made in excess of $50 million dollars during his career ever coach?

JFC.
Because he enjoys the game and wants to you stupid dip shit
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 03:01 PM 12-13-2010
Mike Vrabel sat on the bench in Pittsburgh for five years before being released and signed by the Patriots.

Andy Studebaker is a DII player that's smarter and more athletic than Vrabel every was at any point in his career.

If Studebaker had been starting from day one and getting all the snaps this season, he'd be a far better player than he is at this point in the season and *may* be solution at LOLB. Hali has also been more effective with Studebaker opposite versus Vrabel.

Unfortunately, no one knows if Studebaker is an every down NFL starting LOLB because he hasn't been given the opportunity but he's certainly much further ahead at this point in his career than Vrabel was in his third year.
He's a smarter player huh? Did you go to school with Study in HS or college??? Did you check both of there college GPA's and ACT scores? Did you coach both of these players to know that Study has more football knowledge than Vrable, who is always helping and coaching younger players?

Dude, you are one of the biggest dipshits on this board..
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:02 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
Because he enjoys the game and wants to you stupid dip shit
Coaching isn't playing, you stupid dipshit.

Why don't you go ahead and list the players that earned in excess of $50 million dollars that later chose the NFL coaching profession.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:03 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
Dude, you are one of the biggest dipshits on this board..
Says the 20 year-old dumbfuck that was sired by even a bigger dumbfuck.

Go fuck your mother, you worthless piece of shit.
[Reply]
buddha 03:04 PM 12-13-2010
He's been terrible for some time. He's way too slow to matter at this point. Too bad...he used to be a great player.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:04 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Because, obviously not everyone thinks that he's not going to get better. I think they just believe that Vrabel gives them a better shot at this point in time, but that Stude has upside, and is going to be a valuable part of the LB rotation.
Don't tell me, tell ChiefNj2, the guy that doubted his ability.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up