ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'll say it; Mike Vrabel is a huge liability on this defense
steelyeyed57 06:11 PM 12-12-2010
He routinely fails to set the edge on outside contain. He routinely fails to get near the QB on his blitzes. He is routinely beaten in pass coverage. Today, in particular, he had crucial missed tackles.
I realize he has a lot of knowledge and leadership, but his dwindling athleticism is negating whatever intangibles he brings to the table.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:52 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Brock:
I would guess he's made more money coaching than he ever did playing.
I would also imagine the money he made playing would have him and his children set for life.
[Reply]
Brock 12:55 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I would also imagine the money he made playing would have him and his children set for life.
He's getting 10 million to coach.
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:55 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Uh, no. Rain Man. It says it right there at the top of the post.
you never cease :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 12:58 PM 12-13-2010
He's getting 10 million to coach.
I fail to see your point. The argument is that players make so much more money and earn enough while playing that they dont have to coach. So, why would any player become a coach? Because we all know that people never do anything they simply enjoy doing, right?
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:00 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Whoever you guys want at that position -- that's who the Pats will take using the Raiders pick we got from them. Just so you know...

:-)
Bastich!:-)
[Reply]
Brock 01:16 PM 12-13-2010
I fail to see your point. The argument is that players make so much more money and earn enough while playing that they dont have to coach. So, why would any player become a coach? Because we all know that people never do anything they simply enjoy doing, right?
You fail to see that Singletary is probably making more money in 4 years of coaching than he did in his entire career as a player?
[Reply]
jd1020 01:18 PM 12-13-2010
You fail to see that Singletary is probably making more money in 4 years of coaching than he did in his entire career as a player?
So I'm to assume he is doing it just for the money he doesn't need. You are an idiot.
[Reply]
Brock 01:23 PM 12-13-2010
So I'm to assume he is doing it just for the money he doesn't need. You are an idiot.
And you know he doesn't need the money because so many NFL players continue to live like kings for years after their playing days are over. You ignorant putz.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:26 PM 12-13-2010
Yea Vrabel sucks but Studebaker isn't much better.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:39 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by billay:
Yea Vrabel sucks but Studebaker isn't much better.
Mike Vrabel sat on the bench in Pittsburgh for five years before being released and signed by the Patriots.

Andy Studebaker is a DII player that's smarter and more athletic than Vrabel every was at any point in his career.

If Studebaker had been starting from day one and getting all the snaps this season, he'd be a far better player than he is at this point in the season and *may* be solution at LOLB. Hali has also been more effective with Studebaker opposite versus Vrabel.

Unfortunately, no one knows if Studebaker is an every down NFL starting LOLB because he hasn't been given the opportunity but he's certainly much further ahead at this point in his career than Vrabel was in his third year.
[Reply]
Reaper16 01:49 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Mike Vrabel sat on the bench in Pittsburgh for five years before being released and signed by the Patriots.

Andy Studebaker is a DII player that's smarter and more athletic than Vrabel every was at any point in his career.

If Studebaker had been starting from day one and getting all the snaps this season, he'd be a far better player than he is at this point in the season and *may* be solution at LOLB. Hali has also been more effective with Studebaker opposite versus Vrabel.

Unfortunately, no one knows if Studebaker is an every down NFL starting LOLB because he hasn't been given the opportunity but he's certainly much further ahead at this point in his career than Vrabel was in his third year.
Division III.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Division III.
Thanks
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:54 PM 12-13-2010

Nobody knows but I'll take a guess: He fucking sucks. I wonder how much PT Sheffield would have been getting had he not hurt his neck. He was our answer IMO but yesterday it was painfully obvious our linebackers fucking suck and we need draft a pass rusher yay Von Miller.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:59 PM 12-13-2010
Thanks
Wheaton College I believe, about 3 miles from where I sit. The Studebaker factory was only about 75 miles from here.
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:10 PM 12-13-2010

Yeah, that smarter bit isn't likely. Even if he is a Harvard grad or whatever, football smart is very different from other kinds of smart. They don't get much more football smart than Vrabes.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up