ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 45
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:55 AM 12-08-2022
Once we're through with MU this Saturday, I'm looking forward to 12/17....hell of a day for college hoops.

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:00 AM 12-08-2022
For a second I was thinking, there's no freakin way UNC is still ranked... but, seems to be at least a few days old.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:11 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
For a second I was thinking, there's no freakin way UNC is still ranked... but, seems to be at least a few days old.
It's from a tweet late last week, so the rankings are a bit off.

Looking at the current rankings, I did notice THIS........

AP
Others receiving votes: Iowa 70, Charleston 54, Miami 29, Virginia Tech 27, Arizona State 20, Wisconsin 16, Utah 16, UNLV 14, Texas Tech 10, West Virginia 8, Marquette 7, Xavier 6, Memphis 3, New Mexico 3, Michigan State 3, Missouri 2, Kansas State 1, North Carolina 1

Coaches
Others receiving votes: Mississippi State 42, Virginia Tech 39, Miami 35, North Carolina 22, Charleston 21, Texas Tech 19, Wisconsin 18, West Virginia 10, Marquette 10, Rutgers 7, Xavier 6, Kansas State 6, UNLV 5, New Mexico 5, Michigan State 5, Utah State 4, Memphis 3, Oklahoma 2, Missouri 2
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:19 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
It's from a tweet late last week, so the rankings are a bit off.

Looking at the current rankings, I did notice THIS........

AP
Others receiving votes: Iowa 70, Charleston 54, Miami 29, Virginia Tech 27, Arizona State 20, Wisconsin 16, Utah 16, UNLV 14, Texas Tech 10, West Virginia 8, Marquette 7, Xavier 6, Memphis 3, New Mexico 3, Michigan State 3, Missouri 2, Kansas State 1, North Carolina 1

Coaches
Others receiving votes: Mississippi State 42, Virginia Tech 39, Miami 35, North Carolina 22, Charleston 21, Texas Tech 19, Wisconsin 18, West Virginia 10, Marquette 10, Rutgers 7, Xavier 6, Kansas State 6, UNLV 5, New Mexico 5, Michigan State 5, Utah State 4, Memphis 3, Oklahoma 2, Missouri 2
Kentucky and Alabama voters trying to prop up the SEC.

But hey, they're 49 in kenpom despite the 3rd worst SoS out of 363 teams.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:30 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Oh and you forgot to add, KU is winning Natiinal Championships too. I know.... Still Sad.
I'm sure someone won a national title in field hockey and lacrosse last year too, but you don't hear their fans thumping their chests about it.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:34 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The year is 2040. The Chiefs have won multiple Super Bowls. Pepe can now post on Tigerboard, which still uses that awful format. Surprisingly, the Cowboys and Giants rule the NFL, having won the past 6 Super Bowls. Their division also owns the largest share of TV contracts and prime time games.

The San Diego Chargers are making an announcement.

Charger County,
This year marks our 80th year in existence and what better time to tell you we are moving to the NFC East! After decades of trying and failing to win championships and compete in the AFC, we have been accepted into the most prestigious of divisions for reasons.

No longer will you have to worry about wins and losses, as we will ride the coat tails of success of this great division, be guarantee several prime time games per season, and most importantly the Chargers family (not you, silly) will be richer than ever.

Leave behind rooting against Hall of Famer Patrick Mahomes II and worrying about spending the next 20 years watching the Chargers lose to Patrick Mahomes III in that dying division. They will have problems after the Chargers leave. Sure, they may win more championships and have more glory on the field, but they won't have the Chargers' popularity by association.

Leave behind rooting for the Chargers all together, really, as your loyalty now lies with the Cowboys and Giants. They win, and we all win. Your jersey may say "Chargers" and the record may say 3-14, but you can rest easy knowing you're now part of America's Team.

Playing football is an irrelevant niche sport. Making vast sums of money is the only sport that matters now.

Welcome to the NFC East, the P1 of the NFL!
Except you missed the part where the Chiefs in that scenario no longer have the resources to continue to attract recruits and win championships. The Chiefs get left behind in a mediocre league as the AFC pillages the CFL in a desperate attempt to fill the void left by the leaving franchises.

Unfortunately our beloved Chiefs would be doomed to never see success again. While the Chargers and other franchises in that league leave the stragglers far behind.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:37 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Except you missed the part where the Chiefs in that scenario no longer have the resources to continue to attract recruits and win championships. The Chiefs get left behind in a mediocre league as the AFC pillages the CFL in a desperate attempt to fill the void left by the leaving franchises.

Unfortunately our beloved Chiefs would be doomed to never see success again. While the Chargers and other franchises in that league leave the stragglers far behind.
You forgot the part where one team was scared to play the Chiefs.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:38 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
You forgot the part where one team was scared to play the Chiefs.
LOL it's so cute that kU fans really believe that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:41 AM 12-08-2022

Besides you know, winning another championship. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:42 AM 12-08-2022
But again, no need to talk sports here... let's talk "resources".
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:47 AM 12-08-2022
Keep going! You’re only a few posts away from overtaking Bearcat with the most posts in the thread about the sport you believe is irrelevant!
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:47 AM 12-08-2022
It seems kind of ridiculous that a powerhouse SEC team would be afraid of a 6-6 team that hasn't had more than 3 wins in a season since 2008, but here we are.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:55 AM 12-08-2022
obligatory "SEC" reference.........

Thomas Robinson says "hi"
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:57 AM 12-08-2022

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:11 AM 12-08-2022
Sagarin line: Kansas -5.0

Place your bets!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 45