ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The good news after the Week 3 loss.
Rain Man 06:22 PM 09-25-2022
If you need to stop the run, just put Khalen Saunders in there. The Colts' league leader ran for 3.4 yards per carry today.

L'Jarius Sneed is a man playing in a league of less-good men. He's becoming my favorite defensive player. He blitzes, he sets the edge, and he can cover.

We got pressure on the passer this week and also turnovers, which has been a problem in the recent past.

Carlos Dunlap is emerging as our great free-agent pickup of the year. He's making me forget about Melvin Ingram.

The Chargers got absolutely destroyed today by a team that most people have never heard of. The Jaguars, I think?

The Raiders are the Raiders so they're irrelevant.

The Bills lost so we're still the best team in the NFL.

The broncos got destroyed in a completely embarrassing fashion.*

All in all, it was a tough week, but it's pretty much a wash since all of the other relevant teams lost. We'll survive and will move on to next week.

* - The game hasn't started, but seriously, are you going to doubt me on this?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:45 AM 09-26-2022
Offense sucked all over. Nothing went right.
[Reply]
TEX 05:25 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
You're right that it's a continuation of the struggles we had in stretches last year. I'm not sure if there was an actual game where we played against a cover 7 team rushing 4 where we actually clicked and worked it out. Feels like the teams we whupped decided to stick with blitzing like idiots. But I could be misremembering.

The concern this year is the OT and the OL in general taking a step back on pass-pro and giving Pat even less time, and there being one less option for him to target. This WR room is just...not that good.
Your last paragraph nailed it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:46 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This is where veach can do some magic. He’s pulled rabbits out of his hat before mid season.

I think we take a hard look at someone like corey Davis

And we should be cycling in RBs. It shouldn’t be that hard to find a single rb who can run the ball against defenses that are daring us to run
I’d like to see what Rojo can do.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:19 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm mostly annoyed because of those smug 1972 Dolphins. I want the Chiefs to knock them off of that pedestal before they all die.
That stat will stand the test of time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:25 AM 09-26-2022
Saunders has joined my 'we need to get this guy extended sooner rather than later' list with Juan Thornhill and Justin Watson.

Not because I worry that we couldn't retain them in the off-season; we can. But because I think you can get all 3 of those guys on discounts right now. If you get them signed now, it's gonna cost you less than it does in the off-season. And you get a million here, million there in AAV on 3 guys, suddenly you're talking about $3-4 million in 'found' cap space and that's real money.
[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM 09-26-2022
The defense is kicking ass, without their best CB and their most athletic LB yesterday.

It's a young fast defense. Shoudl be good to go this year.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:34 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
There were games last year when we used our establish offense with Tyreek Hill and looked like this.

But this year at least you can argue very fairly the offense is still evolving with the new pieces.

We’re dealing with a sample size of 3 at the moment and one of the observations had our offense looking as good as it has in years.

Reid and Mahomes got things into the right place last season and I don’t know why they haven’t been given the benefit of the doubt to do the same this time. Tyreek Hill or not.
Yeah...the biggest issue here is the perception that KC just lost to the worst team in the NFL. Everyone had the mindset that a good team should go in there and win by 30 and it was unrealistic. That was a road game vs a pretty good defense and solid coach. They were picked by many to win their division.

I expected KC to win by 10 or so and I think they should have, but shit happens, especially when you have a disastrous special teams day. Handed them 7 on the muffed punt and the lack of a kicker cost KC at least 7 more. It was the difference between a comfortable win and a loss.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 AM 09-26-2022
more weeks than not patrick and kelce will bring home the 14 points they left on the field

we'll

be

FINE
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:27 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
our run defense is going to be really, really good

if mahomes can just be a little more accurate, and our receivers can catch a little better, we're golden
Originally Posted by TEX:
Both will happen if the OL, specifically the Tackles play better. Especially LT.
Yes! I'm not worried about Mahomes... I'm worried about this Oline not giving him any time to get comfortable. There were almost zero pockets to step into yesterday.
[Reply]
irafreak 11:08 AM 09-26-2022
Sticking with optimism, I'd rather play like ass and lose a game we shouldn't than have lost to the chargers. I feel better about this team now than I would if we won yesterday but lost to LA.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The defense is kicking ass, without their best CB and their most athletic LB yesterday.

It's a young fast defense. Shoudl be good to go this year.
Who who whoa. Love me some McDuffie, but let's not disrespect Sneed.

Dude might be our best defensive player so far this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Who who whoa. Love me some McDuffie, but let's not disrespect Sneed.

Dude might be our best defensive player.
Sneed is a streaky player. He's not a lockdown kind of guy. McDuffie absolutely has that ability.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:13 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sneed is a streaky player. He's not a lockdown kind of guy. McDuffie absolutely has that ability.
Sure, he was streaky last year, but he's been fucking fantastic this season.

When he's been beat, it's been a perfect throw and catch (Herbert TD to Williams, and that amazing throw on the final drive to Carter IIRC). His coverage has been consistently very good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sure, he was streaky last year, but he's been fucking fantastic this season.

When he's been beat, it's been a perfect throw and catch (Herbert TD to Williams, and that amazing throw on the final drive to Carter IIRC).
For sure.

But let's see how many targets McDuffie even gets, first. In his first 21 snaps, he wasn't targeted a single time. If that continues with any regularity, well, you see what I mean?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:15 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For sure.

But let's see how many targets McDuffie even gets, first. In his first 21 snaps, he wasn't targeted a single time. If that continues with any regularity, well, you see what I mean?
No doubt, but he's got to prove he can do that consistently before I consider him our best corner, because Sneed is off to a career year right now.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up