« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:28 PM 11-22-2021
Not impressed with him at all, even after yesterday. He'd be a good #2, but lacks the talent/speed to be a starter. Maybe I'm just spoiled after Okoye, Priest, LJ, Jamaal, and Kareem, I dont know.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:30 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean c'mon folks - CEH averaged better than 5 yards/carry with a long of only 14. He wasn't padding his average with garbage yards or a single busted run. That's a hell of a good complementary day for a guy that was running damn hard inside.

Meanwhile Williams went 5/15 w/ 1 carry making up 10 of his 15 yards. He got 5 on his other 4.

Take away CEH's best carry and he's still good for nearly 5 yards per tote. Take away Williams and he may as well have not even suited up. Williams also only had 1 catch on 3 targets for 11 yards whereas CEH had 2 catches for 13 yards on 2 targets.

Guy's just a more effective back and if you can't see that, you're not doing this right.
Wish they’d utilize him more as a receiver and not just screens. He’s damn good at running routes in the middle of the field. Good LB’s struggled with him there.

It’s so bizarre that Andy hasn’t called more of those plays with him
[Reply]
TEX 05:37 PM 11-22-2021
I mean c'mon folks - CEH averaged better than 5 yards/carry with a long of only 14. He wasn't padding his average with garbage yards or a single busted run. That's a hell of a good complementary day for a guy that was running damn hard inside.

Meanwhile Williams went 5/15 w/ 1 carry making up 10 of his 15 yards. He got 5 on his other 4.

Take away CEH's best carry and he's still good for nearly 5 yards per tote. Take away Williams and he may as well have not even suited up. Williams also only had 1 catch on 3 targets for 11 yards whereas CEH had 2 catches for 13 yards on 2 targets.

Guy's just a more effective back and if you can't see that, you're not doing this right.
They're both JAGS but if used correctly can be effective. In my opinion, they need to upgrade the position in the offseason.
I think the deal with Clyde is, and I'm only speaking for myself, is that I expect more from a first-round draft pick, like maybe a threat to take it to the house on any given play. That's what's missing. Clyde would be more palatable if he had been drafted in the 3rd or later rounds. As it is, with that same pick in round 1, we could have had Jonathan Taylor. I'm still pissed about that, just like I was on draft night 2 years ago. Probably even more so now :-)
[Reply]
srvy 09:24 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I specifically remember one play yesterday. Mahomes passes to him in the flat, but CEH gets too wide and steps out of bounds for a 1 yard gain when it looked like he could have had much more. WTF??
I remember that and that was my thought WTF. Its not good when your RB has very little balance. Everything CRH was described out of college he wasn't. Everything JT was accused he couldn't do coming out he does in spades. All Clyde is is a run up the back's of Lineman and push, It won't get better he is a JAG.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:35 PM 11-22-2021
I was dumbfounded on draft day and I'm still dumbfounded today as to what made him a 1st round pick. He's not a bad back but 12-15 carries is about all he should see a game if we want him to last a full season. We need a more talented back than DW31 to share the load with him
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:37 PM 11-22-2021
If he was a 4th round pick people wouldnt be complaining about him. I think I finally figured out my beef with Veach these guys he drafts arent flat out busts but where they've been drafted you would expect more. I guess at the end of the day as long as they contribute it's not a problem
[Reply]
staylor26 09:42 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
If he was a 4th round pick people wouldnt be complaining about him. I think I finally figured out my beef with Veach these guys he drafts arent flat out busts but where they've been drafted you would expect more. I guess at the end of the day as long as they contribute it's not a problem
CEH? Absolutely. Hardman? Yea, you’d prefer he could at least be a solid WR2.

But Thornhill? Fenton? Nnadi? Gay? Bolton? Sneed? Humphrey? Smith?

By “these guys he drafts” you mean some of these guys, because that certainly doesn’t apply to all of them.
[Reply]
-King- 10:01 PM 11-22-2021

Is there anyone still saying Williams is better?
[Reply]
jd1020 10:07 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Is there anyone still saying Williams is better?
We have people saying that CEH did nothing Williams can't do vs the Cowboys and Williams is better in the passing game.

:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:53 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
CEH? Absolutely. Hardman? Yea, you’d prefer he could at least be a solid WR2.

But Thornhill? Fenton? Nnadi? Gay? Bolton? Sneed? Humphrey? Smith?

By “these guys he drafts” you mean some of these guys, because that certainly doesn’t apply to all of them.
Yes some of them. If the argument is CEH a first round pick given the production up to now? I would say no. Calling guys JAG is just too black and white. I would argue with some of Hardmans abilities he's not a JAG you cant replace his speed and hes not Jacoby Ford for example.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:53 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
I was dumbfounded on draft day and I'm still dumbfounded today as to what made him a 1st round pick. He's not a bad back but 12-15 carries is about all he should see a game if we want him to last a full season. We need a more talented back than DW31 to share the load with him
I’d argue no back is going to get a ton of carries while Mahomes is
the QB. At least not until he gets to be about 35+
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:59 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’d argue no back is going to get a ton of carries while Mahomes is
the QB. At least not until he gets to be about 35+
No back SHOULD be getting a ton of carries while Mahomes is in his prime. At least not when we have two HoF pass-catchers to feed the ball. Talk to me in 3-4 years when Kelce's on the way out and Hill's in decline.

But until that time, if the Chiefs aren't throwing the ball 65% of the time, they're doing it wrong.

Which AGAIN makes the fact that they're not involving CEH in the passing game more maddening as hell.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:04 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by :
“He rolled,” said Mahomes. “It was a good defensive front, a good defense, and he was finding little creases here and there to make some stuff happen — and I thought the offensive line did a great job getting him those windows. We’ll keep incorporating him more and more. I mean, he looked healthy, so just glad to have him back — and hopefully, we can find ways to throw him some passes too. He’s pretty good out of the backfield as well.”
Umm yea “hopefully”….
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:13 AM 11-23-2021
No back SHOULD be getting a ton of carries while Mahomes is in his prime. At least not when we have two HoF pass-catchers to feed the ball. Talk to me in 3-4 years when Kelce's on the way out and Hill's in decline.

But until that time, if the Chiefs aren't throwing the ball 65% of the time, they're doing it wrong.

Which AGAIN makes the fact that they're not involving CEH in the passing game more maddening as hell.
Yep. I was saying it before he got hurt. He came here to rape faces in the flat and wheel routes.

And all he gets is up the middle.

Williams though, sure pass him the ball.

Whatever. There is something I’m missing obviously.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 12:30 AM 11-23-2021
I disagree. Teams are stacking their defense with pass rushers to stop Pat. We built an OL that can mash them with the run. That's what we should be doing. CEH just isn't built to carry a heavy workload and DW31 is just meh at spelling him
[Reply]
Page 37 of 80
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up