ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 333
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:14 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
In other small market news, Tampa is 12-0
I’m sure the dozens of Rays fans are stoked.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:16 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
:-)....they're hitting the ball hard.....WHEN THEY ACTUALLY HIT THE BALL!!!! You're a dumbass dlphg9.....
Only 4 players are significantly above league average for strikeout percentage. JBJ is above the league avg with a 23.1% strike out rate and league avg is 22.6% and 6 hitters are below league avg for strikeout %. So once again you're dumb as shit.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:38 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
damn, pitchers are dropping injured like flies this year...average innings pitched for a starter last year was just 4.9 ...no wonder bullpens are overused
The traditional innings eating starting pitchers are a thing of the past
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:00 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
damn, pitchers are dropping injured like flies this year...average innings pitched for a starter last year was just 4.9 ...no wonder bullpens are overused
Man, I took a look and what I can find may mean that pitchers are getting hurt more. It may just be that there is an initial boom of players added to the IL at the beginning of the new year, so if that's the case, then ignore what I'm about to write.

So far in 2023 there have been 141 pitchers added to the IL and we have only played 13 games. 2020 kinda makes me think that there a large amount of players on IL come at the beginning of the year. These are the IL numbers for pitchers by year

2022 - 427
2021 - 489
2020 - 272 (60 game season)
2019 - 313
2018 - 340
2017 - 295
2016 - 273
2015 - 240

After the COVID year we see a huge uptick in injuries. I was wondering if a lack offseason activities was the reason for the injuries. First we had COVID that kept people from getting together and then we had the lockout. I'm interested to see what the final injury numbers look like at the end of the year, since it'll be the first normal off-season since 2019.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 11:06 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Only 4 players are significantly above league average for strikeout percentage. JBJ is above the league avg with a 23.1% strike out rate and league avg is 22.6% and 6 hitters are below league avg for strikeout %. So once again you're dumb as shit.
We lead the league in strikeouts, yet you say we are "smashing" the ball!!!!

.204 team batting average!

I don't even want to know the RISP numbers .... I know it's bad.

I think the only thing NEW this year is the front office now has a computer!!!!

Quit repeating what you hear on the talk shows and think for yourself, lmao!
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:55 AM 04-14-2023

It's right there in the advanced stats. I get you don't understand it. You're dumb and that's ok.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:43 AM 04-14-2023

Yeah, you need to update the metrics at which you’re looking.

The Royals average exit velocity and other advanced stats are promising.

It’s not different than the start of the season with Pasquantino. He looked like he was slumping/struggling through the first two series, but the advanced stat indicators showed bad luck more than anything. It has turned around.

I mean, shit, Witt has already drawn 4 BBs. I think it was June before he had 4 BBs last year.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:18 AM 04-14-2023
It's crazy to me that there are still baseball fans that follow the game, but are still viewing the game in a 1985 lenses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like all the RSN telecasts and national telecasts (FOX, ESPN) are very saber-oriented.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:19 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
It's crazy to me that there are still baseball fans that follow the game, but are still viewing the game in a 1985 lenses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like all the RSN telecasts and national telecasts (FOX, ESPN) are very saber-oriented.
The average age of a baseball viewer is like 60, what do you expect?
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:40 PM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

It’s not different than the start of the season with Pasquantino. He looked like he was slumping/struggling through the first two series, but the advanced stat indicators showed bad luck more than anything. It has turned around.

I mean, shit, Witt has already drawn 4 BBs. I think it was June before he had 4 BBs last year.
He's looking at batting average and strikeouts. I don't think he can even grasp something as complex as OPS, so he'd have a tough time with anything slightly advanced.
[Reply]
poolboy 06:01 PM 04-14-2023
Matt Quatraro was just talking about Staumont
Get ahead, stay ahead and then use your plus stuff
sounds like a plan
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:13 PM 04-14-2023

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:42 PM 04-15-2023
Bummer.

Ah, well pic.twitter.com/9ydVWwQxTL

— Would it dong? (@would_it_dong) April 15, 2023

[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 01:10 PM 04-15-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I'm not buying the "advanced metrics" stuff yet. I watch the games and I see way too many strikeouts. Taking pitches that are strikes right down the middle then striking out on breaking pitches away. It's rampant. That's nothing to get excited about.

I don't agree with playing the odds when making out the lineup every night either. We should be letting the young guys learn to hit both lefties and righties....not letting a computer fill out the lineup! The Eatons, Masseys, Witts, etc are good athletes that need to play every day to learn the game and build confidence, both at the plate and in the field. We have some good ballplayers....we just don't play them much!!!

I'd love to see the hitting turn around. I just don't see much improvement at the plate from anybody.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 01:16 PM 04-15-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He's looking at batting average and strikeouts. I don't think he can even grasp something as complex as OPS, so he'd have a tough time with anything slightly advanced.
LOL, grow up man!
[Reply]
Page 60 of 333
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up