ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Raiders former 1st Round CB Damon Arnette [now cut]
Dante84 03:38 PM 01-20-2022
And now he gone.

The #Chiefs immediately released CB Damon Arnette after his arrest Friday night in Las Vegas for assault with a deadly weapon, per source.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 29, 2022

...to a futures deal.

And of course we'll catch hell for a high-character signing.

The Chiefs have signed former Raiders first round CB Damon Arnette to a Reserve/Futures contract.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) January 20, 2022

Veach special. All about former first-round picks https://t.co/OH3sIlOcqA

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) January 20, 2022

Baker, Hughes, Arnette....
[Reply]
JPH83 04:10 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Well...they obviously have a fair amount of scouting research on the guy...not only in college...but he plays in their division.

This was run by the coaches...so they think he's worth taking a flier on.

KC is getting some mileage out of Ingram and Hughes....maybe Callaway next year.

This kind of shit is my favorite aspect of Veach...
Sure. I probably have more faith in their evaluation of a player than mine. But Hughes had flashes and Ingram has been excellent for years. Not sure this is one that'll work out, but I also know s**t. Totally agree that some of Veach's cheap pick ups have been exciting
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:37 AM 01-21-2022
Fits right in with that Chiefs culture.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:50 AM 01-21-2022
Not crazy about the look.

Maybe kid gets his shit together and isn't a problem, though.

Let's hope what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 06:50 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Fits right in with that Chiefs culture.
Sometimes there’s a man—and I won’t say a hero, because what’s a hero? But sometimes there’s a man, well, he’s the man for his time and place. He fits right in there.

And that was Damon Arnette. In Kansas City.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:25 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Not crazy about the look.

Maybe kid gets his shit together and isn't a problem, though.

Let's hope what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Kid has a world of talent. He's a willing tackler.

Dumb as a rock though.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:43 AM 01-21-2022
Not a fan of this douche even being in the NFL.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:36 AM 01-21-2022
It is a weird signing. Dude never even flashed with the Raiders. It wasn't like he was good but was cut for being an idiot. He sucked and then was cut for being an idiot.

Oh well. Hopefully, you guys enjoy the rap music.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:43 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I'll start. The AR-15 is the cheap, clown version of the CAR-15, which was the rifle of choice by the soldiers in MACV-SOG, which stands for "Military Assistance Command Vietnam - Studies and Observations Group". They were like Rambo if you multiply Rambo by 11. The CAR-15 had a short barrel you see, which you needed in Nam cause of the foliage. An AR-15 is a similar rifle but with the long barrel that Nam guys hated. It's not a great weapon but it looks cool, and that goes a long way in certain circles.
The AR platform is a fantastic product for the $ and you can go as cheap or expensive as you want. Like anything else mas produced some of them are junk but most are of pretty good quality. We ain't running around in the jungle here.

Nothing wrong with it for a fun little shooting gun that wont break the bank with an endless number of accessories. Kyle Rittenhouse proved how effective they can be.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:58 AM 01-21-2022
Well if it doesn’t work out for the Chiefs, maybe Tech N9ne will take him under his wing and help him launch a legitimate rap career.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:13 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
It is a weird signing. Dude never even flashed with the Raiders. It wasn't like he was good but was cut for being an idiot. He sucked and then was cut for being an idiot.

Oh well. Hopefully, you guys enjoy the rap music.
Maybe the Raiders just have terrible secondary coaches. Seems like they're always busting.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:48 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Maybe the Raiders just have terrible secondary coaches. Seems like they're always busting.
Actually, the secondary coaches were a strong point this year. Our best rookies came from the secondary.

Arnette just never flashed like a first round pick should. Even Louisiana Fats flashed at times when playing QB to demonstrate why he was the first overall pick. Arnette never did anything that said first round talent.
[Reply]
tmax63 11:18 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Chiefs sign this guy but let Kareem Hunt go. I get it. Nobody talks about Hunt's past these days. Lesson learned. Can you imagine having Hunt in the BF healthy? AND only the uber low lives talk about the Cheetah's past issues.

If Arnette blows it up in 2022, his past will be but a footnote.
It is a low risk high reward proposition. Maybe the guy just needs some "in house" discipline. Paging PM...............
Hunt got cut because he lied his ass off to them about what happened. If he had told the truth to the Chiefs he'd probably still be here. Kind of like my dad, if I fucked up but told him the truth he'd defend me to the end. If I lied to him and made him look the fool that was IT.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:19 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Raiders released him after gun charges.
Well... At least we have experience in this area
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:41 AM 01-21-2022
How did he play before those threats?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:21 PM 01-21-2022
Part of the "right 53"
[Reply]