ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown is NOT an NFL left tackle
Mr. Wizard 08:45 PM 01-16-2022
He can’t handle the speed rush. Move him to the right side and draft a left tackle. Oh yea, cut Sorensen.

That is all.:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:45 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Another thing with going a differnet direction, is it's gonna take atleast a draft pick. Potentially more because you're gonna wanna trade up to get a LT. So that's gonna subtract cheap labor draft picks from other areas of the team.

Or you can use money, sign a known product thats 25 and could still improve to whatever level you wanna say, and use those draft picks to find you a pass rusher or a WR>
Is this where we, again, point out how the Chargers, somehow, fell into the perfect pick with Slater? Damn, that team knows how to draft in the 1st.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:46 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Is this where we, again, point out how the Chargers, somehow, fell into the perfect pick with Slater? Damn, that team knows how to draft in the 1st.
Too bad that's the only thing their front office can do.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:52 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Too bad that's the only thing their front office can do.
You want franchise players at S, QB, and LT? We can do that and we'll only really miss on the Tillery and Murray picks during that time. Deal?
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:09 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You want franchise players at S, QB, and LT? We can do that and we'll only really miss on the Tillery and Murray picks during that time. Deal?
You're way over estimating their F/O my dude.

Their QB, S and LT fell right into their lap. You know this. They didn't make any moves like the Chiefs did to secure Mahomes etc. Herbert fell right to their asses. Had Miami not been so stupid and taken Tua....Herbert fell right to them when their #1 need was a QB.

Derwin James falling to, what was it, 17 when their #1 need was a S? That shit couldn't have lined up better for them.

Slater? They sat there and he fell to them. Exact same scenario as James. They lucked right into Slater when LT was their #1 need.

Aside from blue chip marquee players falling to their position of need, wtf have they ever done in the draft? Pure luck that they even have those guys, mostly as a result of other teams failing and having yearly top 15 draft picks.

They are risk adverse AF. When do you see them swing for big target F/A's? When do they ever make a substantial trade? Never.

They are a passive F/O who's team routinely comes up short because the roster is always a dollar short because they aren't shrewd enough to make the moves necessary to push them into the upper echelon of the NFL.

The owner(s) is flat out broke and won't pay out the signing bonuses needed to retain/sign high level players and they don't even do a good job of retaining their picks.

They are a passive, sit on your hands "build through the draft" team who's never loaded enough to make a real run, because they're not aggressive enough to make the moves it takes to build a contender.
[Reply]
O.city 06:23 PM 01-19-2022
Didn’t the chargers sign linsley?
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:25 PM 01-19-2022
Didn’t the chargers sign linsley?
A rare occurrence. Quite frankly surprising when it happened. And he's still what, a $10M a year player?

Not exactly breaking the bank there. Type of F/A that's right in their wheel house.
[Reply]
O.city 06:27 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean the obvious alternative seems to be Terron Armstead, right? The Saints don't seem to be in a position to tag him so he'll likely see FA.

I don't think he'll get Williams money - but he'll get close. And he's a little more of a fit for what the offense wants to do; better pass blocker and more athletic than Brown, for sure.

So let's say you can get Brown moved for a 2 and sign Armstead. But that Brown can be had for 5 years, $105 million at 26 years old while Armstead will cost, say, 4 years and $95 million at 31 yrs old.

I think you probably upgrade at the position for the remainder of this run. But Armstead has a much shakier health history than Brown and that can't be ignored. Especially with the backup LT situation being on shaky ground here. Your average annual cap hit is almost certainly higher, maybe by 20%. And you're bringing in a descending player rather than an ascending one.

Doesn't that kinda paint the picture of how valuable Brown actually is to us? Even if you replace him with damn near a best case scenario alternative on the free agent market, there are REAL drawbacks. I don't even know if I have a 'right' answer here - if you really can get a 2 for Brown, it may not be a bad idea to do that swap. But you're really playing with fire given Armstead's tendency to get dinged up.

I'd take 16 games from Brown over 10 games from Armstead. The fall off at LT is just too big and Brown has been largely healthy in his career.
Armstead could also, with the injuries adding up, be at a potential cliff edge. He’s not really old but what that injury history I’d be pretty nervous lying that dude that much into the 35 year old season.

Left tackle is such an important position, one in which you really don’t usually have a “backup” specifically for said spot I dunno that I’d really gamble much.

Especially when you already have a 25 year old guy whose played in the system already here and you have an idea what he could become.

It could be a potential improvement for sure there but you could also potentially have Brown there for 2 contracts. Things workout there that’s a lot of stability with the left tackle spot
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:30 PM 01-19-2022
Holy fuck the Chargers have Ben Nieman's brother on their roster. How dafuq did i miss that? Lol
[Reply]
Rausch 06:31 PM 01-19-2022
Holy fuck the Chargers have Ben Nieman's brother on their roster. How dafuq did i miss that? Lol
Fingers crossed they get reunited...
[Reply]
O.city 06:31 PM 01-19-2022
A rare occurrence. Quite frankly surprising when it happened. And he's still what, a $10M a year player?

Not exactly breaking the bank there. Type of F/A that's right in their wheel house.
Iirc he’s the highest paid center now. It’s not nothing but I generally agree with you on the chargers. It’s organizational from the top down.

Who’s the corner they just drafted last year?
[Reply]
O.city 06:32 PM 01-19-2022
Asante Samuel jr
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:33 PM 01-19-2022
Iirc he’s the highest paid center now. It’s not nothing but I generally agree with you on the chargers. It’s organizational from the top down.

Who’s the corner they just drafted last year?
Samuel Jr. #47 overall.
[Reply]
O.city 06:34 PM 01-19-2022
The other thing with brown and the ol is continuity. You can sign him and figure out the rt spot and potentially have this group together for 3-4 years.

Continuity is so huge up there.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:36 PM 01-19-2022
The other thing with brown and the ol is continuity. You can sign him and figure out the rt spot and potentially have this group together for 3-4 years.

Continuity is so huge up there.
Honestly I'm glad we've got him. I'm sick of these glorified TE's that get pushed around and can't move anyone in the running game.

Give me a guy like Brown with some strength and some lead in his ass. Someone who can maul an end when you need 2 yards.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:55 PM 01-19-2022
You know what, let's just get a really good long snapper. Have Mahomes line up 25 yards down the field. We don't even need an OL. He can zing it in there 91 mph for a first down either way. By the time the the defenders get there Tyreek will already be in the endzone.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Up