ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 32
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:39 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I will say though route running is something a good coaching staff can develop- Tyreek Hill being the most recent and obvious example. From fantastic athlete to maybe the most dangerous threat in the NFL, Tyreek came along way from his draft day. Even this most recent season with the way defenses were playing him over the top, he had to refine his route running to win routes within the first 12 yards.

Watson has that type of potential if you can unlock it. The lack of physicality doesn't concern me as much, I just need a receiver to win their routes and create separation.
Hill was way better coming into the NFL then people want to give him credit for.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hill was way better coming into the NFL then people want to give him credit for.
Yup.

Hill had an innate ability to run routes from the moment he took the field. It's revisionist history to act like he was some RB out there running go routes.

His footwork and agility in/out of his breaks was always top shelf. That guy was born to play the position.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:25 AM 04-28-2022
That’s the gamble…. That watson has shown enough footwork and change of direction ability to get better at route running. I do think his gadget ability is not emphasized enough. He has those deebo like plays in him in space. Not sure why this ability isn’t valued here.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:54 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

Hill had an innate ability to run routes from the moment he took the field. It's revisionist history to act like he was some RB out there running go routes.

His footwork and agility in/out of his breaks was always top shelf. That guy was born to play the position.
I'm not suggesting that they took an elite athlete who had zero idea how to play receiver and turned him into one of the best in the NFL. It's obvious Hill was a natural for the position, but that being said most of his production came from gadget plays (reverses, sweeps, screens) and go routes his rookie season. His ability to play receiver from year 1 to his last season as a Chief has substantially gotten better. Not that he couldn't run routes in his rookie season but I think it's undeniable that he leaned heavily on his athleticism in his rookie year while as the years went on he had everything in his arsenal to throw at defenses.

That's not what we are arguing though- can Christian Watson who himself is a phenomenal athlete develop into a true #1 WR? If Watson didn't have any holes in his game we wouldn't be talking about being able to draft him at #29. High risk, high potential undoubtedly but I believe that our coaching staff would be able to get the most out of this player especially in our offense that wouldn't require him to carry the bulk of the load early on.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:00 AM 04-28-2022
I can think of 2 players that got way better at route running from college to the NFL.

Tyreek Hill and Steve Smith.

Theoretically possible but as dumb as drafting a DE high with limited pass rush moves and poor hands.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:02 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I can think of 2 players that got way better at route running from college to the NFL.

Tyreek Hill and Steve Smith.

Theoretically possible but as dumb as drafting a DE high with limited pass rush moves and poor hands.
Are you fucking serious?

2 players got better at route running when they joined the NFL?

you know of TWO?

This wins for dumbest post I've ever seen.

EVER.

they ALL do, or they're selling used cars very quickly.

Dumb.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:03 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Are you ****ing serious?

2 players got better at route running when they joined the NFL?

you know of TWO?

This wins for dumbest post I've ever seen.

EVER.

they ALL do, or they're selling used cars very quickly.

Dumb.

I can think of two.

Read what I wrote and stop making up stuff and crying like a girl.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:08 AM 04-28-2022
I can think of two.

No, just take it back. You literally said the dumbest, most ignorant thing I've ever read on a football board.

I will award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:13 AM 04-28-2022
I can think of two.

hey let me help you here, champ-

Make yourself a list of all of the HOF wide receivers that weren't taken in, say, the top ten picks of the first round. Okay? so picks #11-all the way to Mr. Irrelevant. Round 'em all up, and make yourself a list, ok?

Now there is just a start to looking at WR's that got way better at route running after entering the NFL.

But that's literally just the tip of the iceberg.

you could do the same exercise and add all of the Pro Bowl WR's ever that weren't taken top ten. So, let's get to work on that too.

But even that list wouldn't be complete! You could probably safely add in every WR not taken in, say, the first 50 picks but somehow became a quality starter in the NFL. That's a safe bet to add to our list, too.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:31 AM 04-28-2022
No, just take it back. You literally said the dumbest, most ignorant thing I've ever read on a football board.

I will award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
Nope. If you're too.dumb to understand it, its on you.

Of course players get better. But way fewer players transform into something totally different than what they were in college.

Do you believe Mecole Hardman is similar to Terry McLaurin as a WR?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:36 AM 04-28-2022
Nope. If you're too.dumb to understand it, its on you.

Of course players get better. But way fewer players transform into something totally different than what they were in college.

Do you believe Mecole Hardman is similar to Terry McLaurin as a WR?
Man, just stop.

You said something really dumb. Don't die on that Hill.

See what I did there? LOL

It was dumb.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:42 AM 04-28-2022
Man, just stop.

You said something really dumb. Don't die on that Hill.

See what I did there? LOL

It was dumb.
Boring.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:44 AM 04-28-2022
Boring.
Don't go trying to move the goalposts.

you know that was a dumb thing to say.

Just move on.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:45 AM 04-28-2022
Don't go trying to move the goalposts.

you know that was a dumb thing to say.

Just move on.
You actually are a good poster on football.

Sorry, but your WR takes are bad.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:50 AM 04-28-2022
You actually are a good poster on football.

Sorry, but your WR takes are bad.
All you've ever done is post bullshit on WR's.

You claim a bunch of Nostradamus shit you supposedly said with no proof. Nobody can find it. Shocking.

You say nobody's gotten way better at running routes, which is, of course, utter bullshit. All of these guys have to get better because they got away with some shit they won't be able to in the NFL. There's a word for WR's that don't get significantly better: it's called BUST. Then you want to move the goalposts.

you're full of shit on WR's.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 32
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up