ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What is your favorite Hot Sauce & Seasonings?
TripleThreat 08:59 PM 08-04-2022
I'm a huge Hot Sauce, and Spices guy. I'm 30 years old and love cooking in the kitchen with a glass of whiskey, tequila, or red wine. If its Italian night I grab the wine. If its Mexican night I grab the tequila, if its steaks & lobster I grab the whiskey. It really just depends

I'm getting better and better in the kitchen. Trial and Error, and I fail ALOT, but I also succeed a lot.

So out of pure interest, what sauces and spices do you guys use the most? What is your GO TO hot sauce, and your go to spice(s)?!

Below have become my Favorite spices.. I actually stopped using Tony Chacheres. I ask because I spend more time in the spice section than anywhere else... Thanks!!

Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce goes with anything and everything, Pizza, Tacos, Burritos It pairs so well.

Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Below seasoning for almost everything, has a perfect amount of Spice but not too salty like Chacheres. For example when I make a basic pot of buttered noodles when I'm lazy, I just use salted butter and this seasoning and it still comes out perfect, compared to when I used to try to get everything "just right"

Old Bay for various fish dishes, this is more mainstream

[Reply]
srvy 11:06 PM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I just ordered a bottle off Amazon, $13.

It has 300+ reviews, 5 stars. the comment of "I may even try it on ice cream" had me lol.

TBH though the look has brought me in on buying it. It looks like a good creamy hot sauce.

I noticed the ingredients is primarily mustard, so looks to be more of perhaps a Pork or Chicken type of sauce, not so much Mexican? I gave up Pig products for the wife (obligatory insert and myself)... have you paired this with chicken?
This is the guy who made it famous in his restaurant he used to come on KCMO radio Mike Murphy was his friend and he gave Mike the recipe on air and I made it.

[Reply]
Fish 11:06 PM 08-04-2022
This is about half as hot as the above, but the caribbean spice is an awesome sweet/heat combo...

https://www.amazon.com/El-Yucateco-C.../dp/B000MSDLH4
[Reply]
Fish 11:15 PM 08-04-2022
I've recommended this one previously. If you like the caribbean sweet/heat, this one is very good for a BBQ sauce. It's made in Odessa, MO too. Great mix of flavors. Starts off sweet, and burns you good. Nice and sticky.

Note that I tried the original version, and didn't really like that at all. Avoid the original in my opinion. If you want a super hot BBQ sauce, they make a hot version of this as well, but I haven't tried it because I think the Not Too Hot is just perfect heat level for BBQ sauce.
[Reply]
srvy 11:28 PM 08-04-2022

[Reply]
scho63 12:57 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
This will burn you in delicious ways...

https://www.amazon.com/El-Yucateco-X.../dp/B001EOMQ9E
I just mentioned this in my post above. Good stuff.
[Reply]
backinblack 01:10 AM 08-05-2022
im taking texas pete aka the coors light of hot sauces
[Reply]
backinblack 01:14 AM 08-05-2022
for real that Tony's what ever the hell creole powder shit is the dopest
[Reply]
srvy 01:43 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
I used to hike that place before it was developed, and it was so much better than after. I lived pretty damn close to it that it was a go to on a stoned weekend. Then it was ruined.
They rerouted that tour road 6 times every time we would stake the centerline the government would bring in the archeologists and they would find artifacts and it would be moved. It took 5 years of moving the road before we got to construction staking it.

It was beautiful countryside, especially in the fall.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:13 AM 08-05-2022

[Reply]
listopencil 04:16 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just good old Tabasco for me.
Valentina (original flavor) is similar to Tabasco. It's like a buck fifty for a one hundred gallon drum and Tabasco is like eleventy brazillion dollars for two teaspoons.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:18 AM 08-05-2022
Hot sauce for me is definitely Valentina extra hot.

I like to play around with all kinds of flavors. Lately I have just been sticking with a pickled jalapeno, bacon, brown sugar, parm combo. I swear one day i just might skip all the cooking it on shit and just put it on a cracker and go.
[Reply]
booger 08:05 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Chili Garlic Sauce

Shit is too hot for me but works great deworming the dog and cat
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:15 AM 08-05-2022
Lol you remind me of my brother BearCat. You like the Japanese style food eh? I love Sushi etc but he goes hardcore into the Japanese side of foods, shopping at the actual grocery stores etc.
I do like a nice kick in the sinuses of wasabi, but really enjoy Thai food... Thai spicy just has a different heat to it, different from some hot sauces that are just pins and needles in your mouth with no flavor.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 09:15 AM 08-05-2022
Originally Posted by backinblack:
for real that Tony's what ever the hell creole powder shit is the dopest
If you like Tony’s, you should get yourself the slap ya mama seasoning. I made the switch and haven’t looked back. It was Reddit that got me to change as well. I was reading a bunch of people say how for years they used Tony’s and then changed to slap ya mama.

I still like Tony’s on my moms bone in chicken that she bakes though.
[Reply]
srvy 09:07 PM 08-06-2022
I just ordered a bottle off Amazon, $13.

It has 300+ reviews, 5 stars. the comment of "I may even try it on ice cream" had me lol.

TBH though the look has brought me in on buying it. It looks like a good creamy hot sauce.

I noticed the ingredients is primarily mustard, so looks to be more of perhaps a Pork or Chicken type of sauce, not so much Mexican? I gave up Pig products for the wife (obligatory insert and myself)... have you paired this with chicken?
It's great with chicken and also fish. I use it to dip nuts and strips.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up