ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Would you eat a goat?
Yes - I've had goat meat and would eat it again 45 66.18%
Yes - I've not had goat meat but would at least try it 15 22.06%
No - I've had it and didn't care for it 3 4.41%
No - I wouldn't eat goat meat 2 2.94%
Depends how far into the apocalype we are 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Goat Meat - Would You?
Mephistopheles Janx 06:08 PM 06-23-2022
Have you eaten goat/chevron and if so... how did you like it and how did it compare, in your opinion, to beef?

Would you eat goat/chevron?

---

But... why?

Meat prices are skyrocketing and who the hell knows if it will even be feasible to even afford to buy meat and/or if it will even be available. I'm not thinking in a conspiracy theorist "the world government is going to make people stop eating meat" kinda way. Just in a cost and general availability kinda way.

I just picked up 5 goats (4 registered "Fainting" goats and a ND weather) and the intention is that these are going to be my friends and pets. Their children OTOH... the pretty ones sell (they can go from $300-$500 a piece) and the ones that don't hang around for 5 months then go into the freezer with all organs, scraps, and a lot of the stew meat being gathered and going to the dogs.

4 pictured, one getting here today

Ok, but... why GOATS?

2 big reasons.

1) I'm out here on this homestead all by myself now and the last thing I need is to get sideswiped by an animal considerably larger than me and while cows tend to be docile... I'm just not willing to risk it.

I chose Myotonic goats specifically because they tend to be friendly and are among the smallest of the meat goats. Plus, the fact that they stiffen up when spooked makes it that much easier to chase them down if they slip out.

2) $$$ They eat 30-40% less than cows do per pound of meat produced meaning I have more than enough hay to feed them year around with no issues. Also, they are considerably less expensive than cows in terms of cost for the actual animal itself.

I'll be butchering them myself thus will not incur any processing fees.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:39 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Goats are guilty as hell. Nothing innocent about those little bastards. They deserve to be eaten.
Originally Posted by Fish:
All goats beyond like 10 months old are total jerks. They don't care.

[Reply]
Chaunceythe3rd 10:20 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Goats are guilty as hell. Nothing innocent about those little bastards. They deserve to be eaten.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
markdis 12:00 PM 06-25-2022
Nope, thanks. I am ok with the beef.
If i want to eat something spicy - prefer to go to Chilis. Heard some weird comments about them in the past, but we can always leave feedback about them here. Reviews are incredibly important in my opinion.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:32 PM 06-25-2022
I've eaten plenty of goat in my lifetime. If you like middle eastern food, you've likely eaten it. Although some people I've talked to say it's too gamey, I've never found that to be the case, but I'm not a picky eater and will try most anything once.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:24 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Going to Jamaica every year I’ve enjoyed quite a few of their delicacies. Curry Goat is very good, same with Ox tail.
Ate goat once at a Jamaican food place in AZ. Thought it was pretty good. Haven't sought it out since, but would eat again. But goat is a relatively common food animal. Not sure goat should even qualify as a "would you" thread. This is akin to a "would you eat a goose egg" poll.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:33 PM 06-25-2022
Are we offering Tom Brady's remains to Dark God and Overlord Cthulhu?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:47 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Ate goat once at a Jamaican food place in AZ. Thought it was pretty good. Haven't sought it out since, but would eat again. But goat is a relatively common food animal. Not sure goat should even qualify as a "would you" thread. This is akin to a "would you eat a goose egg" poll.
My wife was mortified about the prospect of eating goat. When I would bring it up to people around me they would look at me like I was growing horns.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:00 AM 06-26-2022
No, but they're super cute and I'd much rather own one for a pet. JFC people just eat anything these days!
[Reply]
Pablo 10:49 AM 06-26-2022
I'd buy one just to tie it up in my truck bed and beat it mercilessly with a hickory stick when I get lubed up with jimmie beam.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:53 AM 06-26-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I'd buy one just to tie it up in my truck bed and beat it mercilessly with a hickory stick when I get lubed up with jimmie beam.
:-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:09 AM 06-26-2022
There's an Indian (dot not feather) place here that sells goat dishes, but only Friday and Saturday. Not sure why.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:34 AM 06-26-2022
Now I have a strong desire to superimpose Wayne riding a rollercoaster.
[Reply]
Iowanian 05:44 PM 06-26-2022
I’ve had goat meat twice. It’s nasty and if I’m not a staving Asian nomad I’ll never eat it again.
[Reply]
notorious 06:07 PM 06-26-2022

A herd of those mother fuckers "licked" salt off the side of my nearly brand new pickup 4 years ago.

They didn't just lick, the fucking used their teeth, too.

The owner walked a few of them into the field and ended their existence. Cost him almost 2k.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:29 PM 06-26-2022
Kill the goat!
Kill the goat!
Kill the goat!
Kill the goat!

[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up