ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 192
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
tredadda 08:42 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
By the way, the Lamar Jackson joke that originated here in this very thread on CP might be the most popular thing on Chiefs internet yesterday.

I have seen it EVERYWHERE...

Omg 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Posted by Real Kansas City Chiefs Fans on Friday, April 23, 2021

Somewhere in LV Derek Carr just threw his phone at the wall.

And missed.

Posted by KCChiefsmemes on Friday, April 23, 2021

Marcellus' quote will go down as one of the legendary quotes on CP.
[Reply]
Wallymo 08:58 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yes, it's trial by fire
I've learned that lesson. I had the temerity to disagree with a long-time poster and he flamed away at my points. So until I'm off double-secret probation -- I agree with everything!
[Reply]
Valiant 09:17 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by prhom:
I’m not sure anything Veach could have done would have been an overreaction after that shit show. Getting embarrassed in the playoffs and doing nothing about it is how the Chiefs used to handle things. I think it’s one reason so many of us fans love how Veach and Hunt are running things now.

Alex Smith can’t make it over the hump? Draft a stud QB (yes, I know Dorsey was still GM). Sutton fields an embarrassment of a defense? Go get a real D coordinator. Berry and Houston can’t get their shit together and Dee Ford doesn’t know the rules of football? Go get Mathieu and Clark. The offensive line is horrible all year and then gets decimated by injury before the only game that mattered? Completely rebuild it without destroying the cap or having to wait to see if a draft pick (or picks) needs three years to be average.

The time for this team to rack up SB wins is now. With Mahomes we will always have a shot, but why wait to rebuild the OL through the draft when Kelce and Hill will be on the decline or gone by the time we get that all done in three years?

Nah, what Veach just completed is pretty amazing on paper. Still gotta see these guys play, but the way it ended up is far better than what any of us could have thought possible.
Yeah I don't think people understood how bad our line was. Even before injuries they were bottom tier. If alex smith was back there it would have been 60plus sacks on the season.
Mahomes hid their shitness.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 09:28 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by SlimWolfie:
What's up, everyone.
Haven't really been on a forum like this since I was 15. I believe it was Warpaint Illustrated that I frequented.
Nostalgia... anyhow: this was a decisively good trade for Veach. Another feather in his cap! It's funny to see Ravens' fans pump their firsts and form delusional rationales that this move was awesome for their franchise..

It's like dropping a vital potion or piece of armor right before fighting a particularly difficult boss in Dark Souls. Or, rather, handing it directly to the enemy. (us)

My first post here. Seems like a good group. Wide variety of topics, however. Anyone clue me in on some of the decorum and traditions that entering this community entails? A get to know new members section? Just curious.

-SW
Just PM Bob Dole and request your “Chiefs Planet New User Start Up Pack”....it will tell you everything you need to know from the rich history of CP, customs and traditions, and of course, the dos and don’t of proper posting and etiquette....

Man, this place is slipping....
[Reply]
Delano 09:51 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Just PM Bob Dole and request your “Chiefs Planet New User Start Up Pack”....it will tell you everything you need to know from the rich history of CP, customs and traditions, and of course, the dos and don’t of proper posting and etiquette....

Man, this place is slipping....
That ancient, unfunny meme was posted exactly five posts before yours.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:55 AM 04-25-2021
Back to the OP-

I'm still somewhat in shock that Veach was able to pull this trade off.

A 24 yr. old two time pro-bowler on his rookie deal PLUS #58 for what is essentially #31 + #94.

I mean...holy shit.

Yeah yeah, the fourth and we get next years....yeah yeah whatever.

Damn. I just didn't really think it would be possible.
[Reply]
bricks 10:00 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Back to the OP-

A 24 yr. old two time pro-bowler on his rookie deal PLUS #58 for what is essentially #31 + #94.

I mean...holy shit.

I’m in the same boat. I didn’t think it would happen. Amazing that it did.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:00 AM 04-25-2021
I'm just going to reiterate how god damn excited I am that Trent Williams decided to go back to San Fran. If we sign Brown long term, then this easily goes down as Veachs best trade and at worst 2nd best acquisition ever.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Our resident cultural attaché TittyMeat will be in touch. He typically requests a meet-and-greet at the nearest rest stop to your home. What is your exact address?
The correct term is "meat-and-greet".
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:22 AM 04-25-2021
Back to the OP-

I mean...holy shit.

If you factor everything in we essentially got him for a mid-second round pick. Let him play out his deal and either give him a deal or franchise him the next two years.

Great job by Veach.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:37 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
If you factor everything in we essentially got him for a mid-second round pick. Let him play out his deal and either give him a deal or franchise him the next two years.

Great job by Veach.
Unless he just shits the bed in this offense, I see no way at all we don't extend him.

He's by all accounts a high quality person and hard worker, good teammate.

I wasn't sure how well he fit in a deep-drop vertical offense, but his pass block stats are kind of eye popping. I guess I didn't realize he was THAT good in pass protection.

If he's as good as he appears to be, he'll man Mahomes' blind side for the next ten years.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:38 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by SlimWolfie:
My first post here. Seems like a good group. Wide variety of topics, however. Anyone clue me in on some of the decorum and traditions that entering this community entails? A get to know new members section? Just curious.

-SW

[Reply]
tredadda 10:39 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:

Great job by Veach.
This. I don't really see any downside in this trade for KC. All he has to be is a Fisher level pass blocker for this to be an even bigger win. He's a better run blocker so this will help our run game out immensely. If he's a better pass blocker than Fisher than it's a home run. If he is awful we don't give up too much in regards to draft capital and can move on with little financial loss.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:40 AM 04-25-2021
Back to the OP-

I mean...holy shit.

It was less than I was expecting. But at the moment, its still only a one year rental, right? Or, I guess more technically a one year rental with a potential to tag.

Which given our SB window is now nothing wrong with that. And KC should be in the driver's seat for locking him up. But they evidently don't have a contract in place. So its not like the trade itself locked up a great talent on a several year team-friendly deal.

That deal still needs to be made and will cost at some point.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:41 AM 04-25-2021
Unless he just shits the bed in this offense, I see no way at all we don't extend him.

He's by all accounts a high quality person and hard worker, good teammate.

I wasn't sure how well he fit in a deep-drop vertical offense, but his pass block stats are kind of eye popping. I guess I didn't realize he was THAT good in pass protection.

If he's as good as he appears to be, he'll man Mahomes' blind side for the next ten years.
He only has to be Fisher good a pass blocking for this to be a huge get. Anything better is icing on the cake.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 192
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up