ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 192
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
bowener 09:59 AM 12-07-2021

"Sir, I need you to have a seat." https://t.co/4EAjFGKMrE pic.twitter.com/mo6395gK0g

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) December 7, 2021

Am I the only one that is concerned a 260lb rusher was able to push Brown back on his heels into Mahomes' drop back? Shouldn't Brown be able to stonewall that fucker and stand him up on that bull rush? I'm an idiot so feel free to explain why I am wrong so that I can improve my understanding.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:59 AM 12-07-2021
No. It's the NFL.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:01 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by bowener:

Am I the only one that is concerned a 260lb rusher was able to push Brown back on his heels into Mahomes' drop back? Shouldn't Brown be able to stonewall that fucker and stand him up on that bull rush? I'm an idiot so feel free to explain why I am wrong so that I can improve my understanding.
Physics?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:06 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Can the Chiefs find better than Brown in FA or the draft this offseason? I have no idea, just asking the question. If not, id probably tag him.
If there is a LT in FA better, then he’ll be expensive as fuck.

Where we’ll be drafting, we’ll be settling for like the 4th or 5th OT off the board.

Unlikely to find someone better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 12-07-2021

Low man wins. The rusher was able to get down under Brown's pads and just put his entire lower body into it.

So yeah, you'd like to see Brown get his pads a little lower, but he's also kinda slow so if he does that, he's going to be less able to kick/slide if the rusher puts a move on him.

If Brown can stay upright and still re-anchor like he does there and hold the pocket, that's going to be good enough to let him 'cheat' on the speed/finesse moves. If he starts selling out to stonewall bull rushes, guys will start swimming him into oblivion or just speed rushing by him.

It's fine. He's cheating towards his weakness knowing his strengths are sufficient to still win the rep.
[Reply]
-King- 10:16 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
SHOULD HAVE KEPT FISHER!!!!!
Didnt say that but he's not better than Fisher when he was here.

I mean, that clip that was posted wasn't even a great rep. He got pushed back a lot. Just look at where he is in relation to the other linemen. It's not a "bad" rep, but I wouldn't say he won.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:20 AM 12-07-2021

Am I the only one that is concerned a 260lb rusher was able to push Brown back on his heels into Mahomes' drop back? Shouldn't Brown be able to stonewall that ****er and stand him up on that bull rush? I'm an idiot so feel free to explain why I am wrong so that I can improve my understanding.
It's okay to be walked backwards some. The goal is to slowly give up ground moving backwards, not to stonewall. You can't do that against hyperathletic 260 men.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Didnt say that but he's not better than Fisher when he was here.

I mean, that clip that was posted wasn't even a great rep. He got pushed back a lot. Just look at where he is in relation to the other linemen. It's not a "bad" rep, but I wouldn't say he won.
If your guy ends up face-down on the ground and your QB had time to go through 3 reads before seeing pressure (and even that required only that he slide one step to his right), then yeah - that's a win.

I mean are we talking a Flawless Victory here? No, but Brown absolutely won that rep.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:22 AM 12-07-2021
That actually may have been happy feet from Mahomes. It's unclear where the pressure is, but I only see part of the pocket there.
[Reply]
-King- 10:27 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If your guy ends up face-down on the ground and your QB had time to go through 3 reads before seeing pressure (and even that required only that he slide one step to his right), then yeah - that's a win.

I mean are we talking a Flawless Victory here? No, but Brown absolutely won that rep.
If he's face down because he pushed your LT to the point Brown basically toe to toe with Mahomes, thats not a win for Brown. Seriously, he was 2 inches from Cameron Irving part 2.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:29 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he's not going anywhere

Thuney is such a technician.
[Reply]
MGRS13 10:31 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Low man wins. The rusher was able to get down under Brown's pads and just put his entire lower body into it.

So yeah, you'd like to see Brown get his pads a little lower, but he's also kinda slow so if he does that, he's going to be less able to kick/slide if the rusher puts a move on him.

If Brown can stay upright and still re-anchor like he does there and hold the pocket, that's going to be good enough to let him 'cheat' on the speed/finesse moves. If he starts selling out to stonewall bull rushes, guys will start swimming him into oblivion or just speed rushing by him.

It's fine. He's cheating towards his weakness knowing his strengths are sufficient to still win the rep.
Wow!! Chiefsplanet sportsmanship award of the year here. Someone asked a question got an absolutely fantastic answer to the question. Not a single reference to how much this person has or hasn’t watched football, no gay l, no aids, no die in a fire at all. I applaud you sir!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:32 AM 12-07-2021
If he's face down because he pushed your LT to the point Brown basically toe to toe with Mahomes, thats not a win for Brown. Seriously, he was 2 inches from Cameron Irving part 2.
His man wasn't going to get Mahomes. That's a win.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:35 AM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Thuney is such a technician.
Yep, he was a GREAT addition.
Smith and Humphrey have been excellent as well. The interior OL is vastly improved this season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:36 AM 12-07-2021
You are really fucking stupid today.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 192
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Up