[Reply]
RunKC 09:20 PM 11-21-2021
Fenton
Sneed
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Smith

All above average draft picks playing really well. Clyde and Thornhill aren’t quite to that level IMO but they’re good players.

I’ve been really impressed with our draft picks lately. It has really helped us get better, especially at LB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 AM 12-05-2021
2022: Salary Cap goes up $26MM
2022: Mahomes salary goes up $28MM

mind blown
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:18 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
2022: Salary Cap goes up $26MM
2022: Mahomes salary goes up $28MM

mind blown
Good point. Whatever money the Chiefs have will primarily stay in house with the extensions of Brown, Tyreek, and Mathieu all on the table. Pick up a WR2 in free agency, draft some D, and the dynasty is alive and well.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:21 AM 12-05-2021
Getting rid of Hitchens, Clark, letting HB walk... LDT's contract officially comes off the books...

Should have some cap room next season to sign some guys...

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say we'll be fine.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:24 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Getting rid of Hitchens, Clark, letting HB walk... LDT's contract officially comes off the books...

Should have some cap room next season to sign some guys...

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say we'll be fine.
Brown will be the one that will cost us to re-sign.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:27 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Good point. Whatever money the Chiefs have will primarily stay in house with the extensions of Brown, Tyreek, and Mathieu all on the table. Pick up a WR2 in free agency, draft some D, and the dynasty is alive and well.
I think they let HB walk.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:28 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Brown will be the one that will cost us to re-sign.
I think Tyreek will be the one costs us the most. He will be in his prime and should/will get Top 5 WR money.
[Reply]
TEX 11:28 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fenton
Sneed
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Smith

All above average draft picks playing really well. Clyde and Thornhill aren’t quite to that level IMO but they’re good players.

I’ve been really impressed with our draft picks lately. It has really helped us get better, especially at LB.
Thornhill sure was playing very well at the end of his rookie season, before the injury. He hasn't made it back to that level yet, but maybe he can in the future. Clyde is nothing special, but can be decent if used correctly, IMO.
[Reply]
TEX 11:30 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
IMO, they should.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:32 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
IMO, they should.
Agreed. I think if KC wanted him long term, they would have signed him by now. I think he wants more money/years than KC is willing to give.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:29 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
He's free to test the market. His value may not be what he thinks it is with his age. If the money isn't far apart then he may as well stay in KC.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:51 PM 12-05-2021
I think HB's leadership is worth way more than people are estimating. You can't quantify how much he makes Sneed, Fenton, Ward and Thornhill better - but I bet it's significant. Look at how much better he made Dirty Dan (until this year when the wheels fell off). And he's really damn good himself.

I think you pay him unless someone else is willing to just completely break the bank for him.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:57 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think HB's leadership is worth way more than people are estimating. You can't quantify how much he makes Sneed, Fenton, Ward and Thornhill better - but I bet it's significant. Look at how much better he made Dirty Dan (until this year when the wheels fell off). And he's really damn good himself.

I think you pay him unless someone else is willing to just completely break the bank for him.
I'm thinking 16 million. Not sure what our cap will be or what Brown wants. Kinda scary.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:23 PM 12-05-2021
Maybe give him a real 4-year deal so he can get more guaranteed money and close out his career as a Chief. He's just one of those special players who I don't think will ever pull a Berry or Houston and start phoning it in.

He may become a pain in the ass if we start losing, but I like that a lot better than whatever Berry was doing his last few years.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:44 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Gonna be tough, especially if KC wants to keep Brown and Tyreek (which they almost certainly will). If it comes down to paying Tyreek or HB, I think Mathieu walks.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 112
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up