Page 108 of 112
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I still cannot get over this play by Pennel. It just goes to show there are some guys who can truly dig deep within their souls and find a completely different level and play above what they should be capable of when everything is on the line, and we have a lot of them on this roster.
Every time I watch the play I'm impressed by someone else.

Danna finishes off the backside by putting Kittle down. Gay occupies the gap and Bolton flows to his left (puts the LG in an impossible choice so he appears to have chosen to block nobody). Jukswhatever looks to try to help Williams, realizes he's already dead and tries to get 2nd level to Gay and is too late to do anything since Gay has located the ballcarrier and can easily sidestep him.

I'm not sure a run rep can get any better than that one. Everyone did exactly what you teach them to do. Perfect defense.
[Reply]
-King- 09:52 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jesus - that's fucking nuts.

Trent Williams, the baddest dude on the planet, a mauler in every sense of the word, gets a step and hits him square in the chest. And he goes nowhere. Better still, he friggen puts Williams on the ground. And then he makes the play!

That's unbelievable. That's one of the most dominant reps I've ever seen if only because it can't get MORE dominant than that. How can anyone win a run rep any more thoroughly than Pennel wins that one?

Wow. Great clip.
I don't even understand how it's possible. He just anchored against one of the most strongest people in the league. No leg drive at all. Just stood in place and stood Trent up. I can't stop watching it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:55 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't even understand how it's possible. He just anchored against one of the most strongest people in the league. No leg drive at all. Just stood in place and stood Trent up. I can't stop watching it.
Trent Williams is definitely on the backside of his career. Not to take anything away from Big Mike at all but Williams didn't play an A game at all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:01 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Trent Williams is definitely on the backside of his career. Not to take anything away from Big Mike at all but Williams didn't play an A game at all.
"The 49ers will be back..."

Y'all seen that cap sheet? I'm not so sure they will. Williams is probably still the best LT in the league but he's no longer worth his cap hit. And that's looking like it could be a theme for the 49ers next season.

That's an older team with a lot of dudes about to hit some big money portions of their deals.

The NFC being weak as hell may get them back to the SB, but they won't be a better team next year than they are this year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:05 AM 02-13-2024

Y'all seen that cap sheet? I'm not so sure they will. Williams is probably still the best LT in the league but he's no longer worth his cap hit. And that's looking like it could be a theme for the 49ers next season.

That's an older team with a lot of dudes about to hit some big money portions of their deals.

The NFC being weak as hell may get them back to the SB, but they won't be a better team next year than they are this year.
And there's no way to get out from under it. That's what's going to fuck them.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:05 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Morherfuckers said Howie Roseman was better even after winning the SB last year :-)
That dude's timeline has got a ton of great info on it. Thanks for posting!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:07 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

This play is insane.
Pennel really played well. One of the guys nobody in the media is really talking about, but he was lights-out all game. We really needed someone to step up like that, being down a guy in Omenihu.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
And there's no way to get out from under it. That's what's going to fuck them.
I keep hearing 'they have a decision to make with Kittle..'

I mean I guess but it won't help them in 2024. They'll accelerate $18 million in dead money that will help them starting in 2025 but not next year.

They're gonna bring back next years team but older and worse. And they're likely not going to have the good health they had late in the season given Shanahan's track record of grinding his skill guys to dust.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:13 AM 02-13-2024

I mean I guess but it won't help them in 2024. They'll accelerate $18 million in dead money that will help them starting in 2025 but not next year.

They're gonna bring back next years team but older and worse. And they're likely not going to have the good health they had late in the season given Shanahan's track record of grinding his skill guys to dust.
Don't worry....they'll suck enough to get another top 5-10 pick where they'll find another Bosa. How the fuck they keep bringing back Rat Jr and Lynch...I'll never understand. They aren't winning anything.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:22 AM 02-13-2024

It almost feels impossible for McCaffrey to make it out the season again next year. He's so due.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:33 AM 02-13-2024

It's early but I believe the Packers will be the best team in the NFC next year. Love looked like the best QB in that conference last month and it was only his first year starting.

They've got 5 picks in the top 100 and will have some cash to burn once they cut Bakhtiari and a few others
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It's early but I believe the Packers will be the best team in the NFC next year. Love looked like the best QB in that conference last month and it was only his first year starting.

They've got 5 picks in the top 100 and will have some cash to burn once they cut Bakhtiari and a few others
If the lions attack the defense and are even nominally successful, they SHOULD be the best team in the NFC next year.

But they need to add a ton of athleticism to the defense.
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 02-13-2024

Originally Posted by staylor26:
It almost feels impossible for McCaffrey to make it out the season again next year. He's so due.
McCaffrey was god damn beat to death this year. There's just no way they can continue to do that.

Now the thing they got goin is paying a QB 1 million dollars. So that's gonna help but damn.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:39 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
McCaffrey was god damn beat to death this year. There's just no way they can continue to do that.

Now the thing they got goin is paying a QB 1 million dollars. So that's gonna help but damn.
The only members of their core that aren't too expensive, old, and/or injury prone are Warner and Purdy.

That's it.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:40 AM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Bet that changes significantly if he’s on this team.
Well......yeah. If that happens, I will grudgingly accept it. But he will instantly become my least favorite Chief.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 112
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112 >
Up