ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 70
« First < 17576364656667 686970 >
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
007 09:19 PM 04-20-2023
Definitely didn't live up to what episode nine started but I'll take it.

End credits was great.

Fucking Q!
[Reply]
Fish 09:31 PM 04-20-2023
This episode felt rushed. I think it would have been better to spread this final battle out over multiple episodes. And yeah, it got pretty cheesy at the end.

Best season by far though, and the best Star Trek stuff in a long time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 PM 04-20-2023
nice to see walter going strong and loving life

Honestly, the best way to watch the finale is with Chekov and Shaw. #StarTrekPicard pic.twitter.com/Zw01fqUEHM

— Terry Matalas (@TerryMatalas) April 21, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:35 PM 04-20-2023

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:19 PM 04-20-2023
I have one massive complaint

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:20 PM 04-20-2023
so there was an alternate ending...i wonder if we'll ever know...patrick talks about it here

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...plus-interview

Originally Posted by :
Last night, I watched Episode 9of Season 3, and this morning, I watched the final episode. There had been a little conflict about how it should end, and the script we held when we started shooting had an ending I was thrilled by — I thought it was absolutely perfect — I can’t tell you what it was — and then when we were shooting, a problem occurred. It was the last day and, oh, it was getting so late and we had so much to do. And I said, “We can pick that up anytime, it’s only me involved.” We never did it. So the ending I loved was never filmed. Instead, it was one I wasn’t happy about — until this morning.

Until you saw it.

The impact that the final episode had on me was unexpected and almost overwhelming. When it finally finished, I had to call out for my wife and go give her a hug because I felt so deeply connected with what I’d watched.

The way the series ends is wonderful. And I so badly thought it was totally wrong when we shot it. But the director and producers, in particular Terry Matalas, who directed it, his instinct was absolutely right, and my instinct was only protective, whereas he was going deeper into what made me feel this morning the whole effect it had on my life and career, this show. And I promise you, if you’d come to see me at half past 8 this morning, you would have found me in my wife’s arms, wiping away the tears.

It has the necessary elements: a bar, Shakespeare and poker.

But it has something else, doesn’t it? It has feelings.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:22 PM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I have one massive complaint

Spoiler!
This is such a nerd post, and I love it, and I love you. :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:35 PM 04-20-2023
BOO! BOOOO!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 PM 04-20-2023
beautiful interview

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-pic...las-interview/

they shot 45 minutes of poker :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 12:36 AM 04-21-2023
I loved it. My qualms have already been addressed by others, and definitely have merit, but I still loved it.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 12:36 AM 04-21-2023
I loved it. My qualms have already been addressed by others, and definitely have merit, but I still loved it.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 07:53 AM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That's true, but when you factor in how meh the first season was and how wretched the second season was, overall Mandolorian has been much better. Even though season 3 has been a bit of a slog, it's still far better than the first two years of Picard.
The episode of Mando with Jack Black and the sidequest really let me down quite a bit. In a season that has tailed off from the last two, it was a noticeable clunker of an episode. I haven't watched the season finale yet but they really do need to turn that arrow back up again. It's floating close to horizontal right now.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:55 AM 04-21-2023
Back to the point of the thread; the series finale left me wanting more. I was surprised that they managed to do that. Really, really looking forward to Strange New Worlds right now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:17 AM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Spoiler!
That was fucking badass. Like the D was telling the Borg to eat it's ass.

This show elevated the Enterprise D up with the 1701 refit/-A for me. I never saw her that way before.

She got a raw deal on Veridian III, and this is how she deserves to be remembered.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:50 AM 04-21-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Back to the point of the thread; the series finale left me wanting more. I was surprised that they managed to do that. Really, really looking forward to Strange New Worlds right now.
Same.

And I'm fully on board with Legacy due to this season of Picard, if and when it becomes a reality.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 70
« First < 17576364656667 686970 >
Up