ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 70
« First < 10505657585960 61626364 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:29 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
JACKING OFF ALL DAY

Pretend I don't know shit about how this stuff works. How exactly do I tour the museum, please? I clicked on the thing, and it just took me to the twitter page.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:31 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pretend I don't know shit about how this stuff works. How exactly do I tour the museum, please? I clicked on the thing, and it just took me to the twitter page.
you read the twitter thread, that's it

it's like flipping through a starfleet technical manual from 1995 :-)

(yes i have two)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:45 PM 03-29-2023
you read the twitter thread, that's it

it's like flipping through a starfleet technical manual from 1995 :-)

(yes i have two)
Thank you.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:06 PM 03-29-2023
:-) is he teasing us

Shatner/Kirk looking like a wish.com version of himself there.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:08 AM 03-30-2023
Wow.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:19 AM 03-30-2023
reddit...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jamie 06:36 PM 03-30-2023
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:35 PM 03-31-2023

[Reply]
Fish 09:49 PM 03-31-2023
Orla Brady is such a beauty. That smile! I didn't really know of her before the Picard series, and that's a shame.

Gates McFadden on the other hand... Not a fan of the Borg queen face job...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:51 AM 04-02-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:50 PM 04-03-2023
omg

Regarding Brent’s Twitter account. #StarTrekPicard pic.twitter.com/hVtZ4TBSTD

— Terry Matalas (@TerryMatalas) April 3, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:32 AM 04-04-2023

“This is Honey Bunny. Captain of the U.S.S. Titan” pic.twitter.com/91PepclLFP

— Tom Fitzgerald (@FitzFox5DC) April 4, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:19 PM 04-04-2023

[Reply]
Bowser 10:40 AM 04-05-2023
Seems like a real missed opportunity not having it be Hangar 18.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:15 AM 04-06-2023
Just finished the latest episode.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 60 of 70
« First < 10505657585960 61626364 > Last »
Up