ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Make QB Sneaking with Patrick Mahomes Great Again
BWillie 03:45 PM 09-02-2022
No risk it no biscuit and stats have shown its a low probability of injury play. Shit happens.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:43 AM 08-15-2023
May as well let Mahones sneak it. Time to let the fluke injury go.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:01 AM 08-15-2023
It's especially frustrating that we don't do this and suck on 3rd and short with the interior OL we have. At least if we had shitty OL getting blown up all the time it'd make more sense.

Regardless, let's ditch the TE sneak. If we're gonna suck at trying to do normal short yardage stuff, just line up in shotgun and let Mahomes pass like any other down. I'm sure we have tons of quick hitters in the playbook that beat watching a 3rd string TE fail to fall forward for a yard.
[Reply]
treeguy27 06:14 AM 08-15-2023
There has to be a variation of the TE sneak that Andy just hasn't used yet. Bell throws a pass or goes b ack in motion at the last second and the snap goes back to Mahomes. Whatever it is Andy has been holding on to it. WE may never see it because the whole play needs to die.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:25 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
It's especially frustrating that we don't do this and suck on 3rd and short with the interior OL we have. At least if we had shitty OL getting blown up all the time it'd make more sense.

Regardless, let's ditch the TE sneak. If we're gonna suck at trying to do normal short yardage stuff, just line up in shotgun and let Mahomes pass like any other down. I'm sure we have tons of quick hitters in the playbook that beat watching a 3rd string TE fail to fall forward for a yard.
There was a stretch where they used the FB dive in short yardage situations and it worked for a while. Then it didn't work once or twice and they quit using it.
[Reply]
In58men 06:28 AM 08-15-2023
Should have kept Burton for these types of plays.

Veach needs to be on hot seat.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:33 AM 08-15-2023
Is he even good at the QB sneak? The only one I remember was the disaster.. and I can’t even remember if he converted on that one or not..
[Reply]
lcarus 06:35 AM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Is he even good at the QB sneak? The only one I remember was the disaster.. and I can’t even remember if he converted on that one or not..
Yes he easily got it and he was 9/10 on 3rd or 4th and 1
[Reply]
BWillie 10:42 AM 08-15-2023
We have Creed fucking Humphrey, Joe motherf***** Thuney, and Trey freaking Smith. Run the Mahomes sneak. DO IT DO IT DO IT
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:23 PM 08-15-2023
Seems to me like Humphrey and Thuney are technicians. And Trey Smith, for all his size and power, still gets blown up at the point of attack.

I think I’m ready to see Andy incorporate the sneak back into the rotation with Mahomes but it will 100% not be as effective as it is for the Eagles.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:43 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by treeguy27:
There has to be a variation of the TE sneak that Andy just hasn't used yet. Bell throws a pass or goes b ack in motion at the last second and the snap goes back to Mahomes. Whatever it is Andy has been holding on to it. WE may never see it because the whole play needs to die.
That moment has already been and gone, They ran an option style toss to the running back from Bell once, season before last in the play off run. It did not work.

They should just execute the double cheek push but with a tight end under center, and Mahomes as one of the pushers instead of the one taking the snap. May as well use that dumb play until its somehow banned.
[Reply]
TLO 02:47 PM 08-15-2023
Can we just put Gabbert in to run the sneak? Teams know it's coming anyway. If we're dead set on not running it with Mahomes just have Gabbert do it
[Reply]
srvy 03:03 PM 08-15-2023
https://www.summitortho.com/2016/02/...0second%20time.

Early treatment to help prevent re-injury
“We can almost always treat first dislocations conservatively with bracing and physical therapy. Our concern is recurrence. If you’ve popped out your knee and recovered with conservative treatment, there’s a 58 percent chance that you’ll experience continuing limitations six months after the injury and a 55 percent risk that you won’t return to sports. More important, there’s a 44 percent risk that you’ll dislocate your knee a second time. After a second dislocation, there’s a 50 percent chance of a third dislocation. After every dislocation, it becomes easier and easier for the kneecap to dislocate. Repeated dislocations, one of the unstable kneecap risks, is best counteracted with early treatment.

I think Andy is following his training staff and are not taking unnecessary chances. My daughter dislocated her knee and has had it happen three more times. Each time it dislocates the percentages increase. HS sports are out because the won't insure her.
[Reply]
lcarus 03:21 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by Chargem:
That moment has already been and gone, They ran an option style toss to the running back from Bell once, season before last in the play off run. It did not work.

They should just execute the double cheek push but with a tight end under center, and Mahomes as one of the pushers instead of the one taking the snap. May as well use that dumb play until its somehow banned.
Absolutely. Snap it to our strongest RB and have 2 of our strongest guys push him forward. No reason to fuck around. Its a nearly unstoppable play and can be accomplished with almost anyone taking the snap.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:22 PM 08-15-2023
I’m ok with us doing it, but we should save it for a critical, season on the line type of situation
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:28 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
https://www.summitortho.com/2016/02/...0second%20time.

Early treatment to help prevent re-injury
“We can almost always treat first dislocations conservatively with bracing and physical therapy. Our concern is recurrence. If you’ve popped out your knee and recovered with conservative treatment, there’s a 58 percent chance that you’ll experience continuing limitations six months after the injury and a 55 percent risk that you won’t return to sports. More important, there’s a 44 percent risk that you’ll dislocate your knee a second time. After a second dislocation, there’s a 50 percent chance of a third dislocation. After every dislocation, it becomes easier and easier for the kneecap to dislocate. Repeated dislocations, one of the unstable kneecap risks, is best counteracted with early treatment.

I think Andy is following his training staff and are not taking unnecessary chances. My daughter dislocated her knee and has had it happen three more times. Each time it dislocates the percentages increase. HS sports are out because the won't insure her.
That’s all I need to read. Don’t do it with Mahomes ever again. Let Gabbert do it though.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up