ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 125
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
notorious 03:20 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nah man.

He had 4 carries in the preseason. That's all we needed to see.

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:25 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
There's physical talent in that RB room. We have an O-line who's strength is allegedly mauling foo's. Yet we can't get ANYTHING out of these backs? None of them? Maaaan....
Aren’t you usually one of the guys calling out overreactions?

CEH and Pacheco have 10 total carries combined. McKinnon has 0. I’m not sure this tells us much.

If we’re going to base our judgments on a few series in preseason, then we’d have to conclude that the run-blocking is not going to be good. Does anyone really think that?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:32 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Give the guy a chance, we will see if he has juice during the season.

Things look decent so far.
Looks like an average RBBC back so far to me. The only one that stands out is McKinnon and he's liable to fall apart on any given play so pretty hard to just go ahead and shove all your eggs into that basket.
[Reply]
notorious 03:35 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Looks like an average RBBC back so far to me. The only one that stands out is McKinnon and he's liable to fall apart on any given play so pretty hard to just go ahead and shove all your eggs into that basket.
When the real games are on the line and the right packages are in we'll see what he's got.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:39 PM 08-23-2022
When the real games are on the line and the right packages are in we'll see what he's got.
So a one cut back still working on the flaws and bad habits he got from playing on an abysmal Rutgers team. That may be useful for a broken run that goes the distance or the occasional wheel route, but anything more consistent will most likely take a year or two of development. Sadly, with how utterly average CEH is he probably will get major playing time. Hopefully he takes full advantage of it to fasttrack the development.
[Reply]
notorious 03:41 PM 08-23-2022
So a one cut back still working on the flaws and bad habits he got from playing on an abysmal Rutgers team. That may be useful for a broken run that goes the distance or the occasional wheel route, but anything more consistent will most likely take a year or two of development. Sadly, with how utterly average CEH is he probably will get major playing time. Hopefully he takes full advantage of it to fasttrack the development.
We all hope he's a pro-bowler, but in reality if he ends up being a decent rotational contributor that's pretty good for his draft spot.

It's still way too early to tell.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:43 PM 08-23-2022
We all hope he's a pro-bowler, but in reality if he ends up being a decent rotational contributor that's pretty good for his draft spot.

It's still way too early to tell.
Definitely. The hype has gotten dumb, though. The only 2 guys that deserve that amount of hooplah are Watson and Fortson. I'd have half a mind to pencil those 2 in as starters. They've clearly got chemistry with Mahomes.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:01 PM 08-23-2022
I’ll set the over/under on rush yards at 266
[Reply]
notorious 04:03 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I’ll set the over/under on rush yards at 266
Not bad for his first game.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:03 PM 08-23-2022
Definitely. The hype has gotten dumb, though. The only 2 guys that deserve that amount of hooplah are Watson and Fortson. I'd have half a mind to pencil those 2 in as starters. They've clearly got chemistry with Mahomes.
All I’ve seen is that they’re impressed, he plays hard, is getting some action with the first team, etc. Not sure what’s so dumb about that.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:09 PM 08-23-2022
Where's all this negative crap about Pacheco come from? Ffs obviously no-one is expecting him to be Barry freaking Sanders but his physical traits ARE ELITE!!..that's just a fact. Back's built like him with his speed simply don't come along everyday.

He's shown he can block, he's shown he can return kicks and he's been a revelation catching the ball and even running routes. ALL of the backs In these preseason games have struggled as the line has been iffy when it comes to opening up holes so I'm not worried about Pacheco's yards on the ground at all.

And in closing did yall know that behind one of the best lines in the league Jonathan Taylor only had ONE 100 yard game in his first ELEVEN regular season games? And his longest run was 24 yards. Then he took off late in the season and started to dominate. Guys like Kareem coming in the league and ripping teams apart straight away doesn't happen all the time guys so we've got to be patient with Isiah. I think it will be worth it in the end.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:38 PM 08-23-2022
Love how people just ignore that he's made a really good play in the passing game in both games, as if that means nothing for a team that is 100% pass first.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:02 PM 08-23-2022
Pacheco has looked good catching the ball and blocking.

He has looked “meh” in limited run action. I think he has run inside zone every play. I’d like to see them get him off tackle or on outside zone and see how he does in those run designs.

I suspect he would do well.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:20 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Pacheco has looked good catching the ball and blocking.

He has looked “meh” in limited run action. I think he has run inside zone every play. I’d like to see them get him off tackle or on outside zone and see how he does in those run designs.

I suspect he would do well.
One of his biggest strengths is outside zone runs but Andy is smartly hiding it because i have no doubt it will be a big weapon when the season starts.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:20 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Where's all this negative crap about Pacheco come from? Ffs obviously no-one is expecting him to be Barry freaking Sanders but his physical traits ARE ELITE!!..that's just a fact. Back's built like him with his speed simply don't come along everyday.

He's shown he can block, he's shown he can return kicks and he's been a revelation catching the ball and even running routes. ALL of the backs In these preseason games have struggled as the line has been iffy when it comes to opening up holes so I'm not worried about Pacheco's yards on the ground at all.

And in closing did yall know that behind one of the best lines in the league Jonathan Taylor only had ONE 100 yard game in his first ELEVEN regular season games? And his longest run was 24 yards. Then he took off late in the season and started to dominate. Guys like Kareem coming in the league and ripping teams apart straight away doesn't happen all the time guys so we've got to be patient with Isiah. I think it will be worth it in the end.
I think it's fair to judge a player based on what he's shown us so far. So far, through limited carries, the only notable thing he's given us in the run game is a clip of Mahomes upset because he missed a massive hole.

He's shown some nice pass catching ability. I think that's pretty fair to say too. Ive said all along i thought he looked like a guy with some juice.

But what you're doing is projecting. Yeah, maybe these carries mean nothing and maybe he ends up a great player. Lets not forget the entire run game has struggled. No one has shined.

But as of right now his most memorable play as a runner is a fail, so it's fair to question if what we're seeing is the start of a trend rather than a bump in the road.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 125
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110 > Last »
Up