ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Calipari to Arkansas?!?
GabyKeepsMeWarm 09:58 PM 04-07-2024
WTF
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:51 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
By "brutal," I didn't mean Depaul brutal (even though Calipari somehow managed to pull that off a few years ago). Keep in mind, many of your fans consider the last five years rock bottom. It can get a loooot worse than extremely talented teams choking in the tourney.

After the last five years, I doubt that fans are going to be patient with a really mediocre, NIT type season next year. Especially if they have to settle for someone who isn't one of their top choices.
I don’t disagree, but the chances of Kentucky being atrociously awful for a sustainable period of time, while possible, is unlikely. There’s too much of a support system and infrastructure to be bad (I’m talking actual bad. Like 2020-2021 bad) a long time.

Sure, there might be a few years where it’s bad (like Doherty at UNC), but not an entire decade plus of darkness.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:52 AM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
But if people are going to hide behind the "facts," then they have to stick to the facts.
It's a thread about a Kentucky coach going to Arkansas where a Missouri fan is scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to troll Kansas fans... in terms of facts, we're like 5 head first dives into folding tables beyond saying Josh Allen is superior to Mahomes.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:02 PM 04-08-2024
Good move for Cal. He's no longer able to compete in this era where he can't just get by on one and dones. He can now go to Arkansas where standards are far lower than UK.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:10 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Good move for Cal. He's no longer able to compete in this era where he can't just get by on one and dones. He can now go to Arkansas where standards are far lower than UK.
The fan base is definitely strong. Good history recently in EM’s early years. Let’s see what JC can bring with him. Razorback basketball can compete in the SEC, will be a good fit.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:25 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
The fan base is definitely strong. Good history recently in EM’s early years. Let’s see what JC can bring with him. Razorback basketball can compete in the SEC, will be a good fit.
No doubts. He just won't have a championship every year standard to live up to.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:33 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I don’t disagree, but the chances of Kentucky being atrociously awful for a sustainable period of time, while possible, is unlikely. There’s too much of a support system and infrastructure to be bad (I’m talking actual bad. Like 2020-2021 bad) a long time.

Sure, there might be a few years where it’s bad (like Doherty at UNC), but not an entire decade plus of darkness.
The last 5 years have been pretty awful by UK standards. How likely would you have thought those results would be 6 years ago?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 01:49 PM 04-08-2024
Pretty wild. I guess he was at Memphis before so sort of in the area.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:20 PM 04-08-2024
https://x.com/gmannvols/status/17774...jn8lyJwT7tGMSQ

Cant embed on my phone but there’s rumors he’s trying to stay.

Let’s go.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:47 PM 04-08-2024

Let’s go.
Amazing. We can't let UK have any chance of being a powerhouse program again. Scott Drew or Nate Oats could do that.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 06:25 PM 04-08-2024
No. It would cost UK $33 million to fire him. It costs Cal nothing to leave on his own.
It cost him nothing to quite, but if he is going to coach next year that team normally has to pay the same $33 million dollar buyout to the school he is leaving.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:44 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Arkansas basketball fans are 90% as delusional as Sucky fans with like 10% of the success.

They are going to have unreasonable expectations as well.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:10 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Amazing. We can't let UK have any chance of being a powerhouse program again. Scott Drew or Nate Oats could do that.
Calipari is a good coach.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:28 PM 04-08-2024

Let’s go.
That would be a hell of a buzzkill.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:31 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That would be a hell of a buzzkill.
The meltdown on Rupp Rafters would be amazing.

They're having a 'Goodbye CCC' party over there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:52 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Calipari is a good coach.
Was a good coach. Now he's just a good recruiter.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up