ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 70
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
Mojo Jojo 07:31 AM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by bevischief:
Go watch the episode. This goes back to the 3rd doctor as well.
I will
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:02 AM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm not going to read posts in here; I just wanted to say I have started watching this show. It took me a bit to get through the first "season" (the production value and some of the writing was cringe worthy on some episodes), but now I am 9 or 10 into the "season" and I am hooked.
I liked the Eccelston season far more than I've liked the first two Tennant seasons. I start series 4 tonight.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:09 AM 09-08-2014
Never much liked Eccleston or his seasons. Lot of people do, though.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:44 PM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Never much liked Eccleston or his seasons. Lot of people do, though.
It took me awhile to warm up to Tennant. I immediately appreciated Tennant's serious tone, but his comic tone felt disconnected to me - comic for the sake of being comic.

Perhaps my favorite thing about Eccelston's performance was that his Doctor's silliness & energy played as a way to distract himself from the sorrow & guilt & loneliness he felt from "ending" the Time War. It was a coping mechanism that the audience could eventually see through.

I really wish Eccelston had more than one season. My suspicion is that the first reboot season is so beloved by fans mostly for Rose Tyler, but Eccelston too made me keep watching.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 06:50 PM 09-08-2014
I liked Eccleston, he was a good Doctor. I agree that going back and watching Season 1 gets really cringeworthy at times, it has not aged well. It's a shame that he basically hates Doctor Who and shits on it these days, I was pretty disappointed that he declined to come back for the 50th anniversary.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:37 PM 10-02-2014
Here's an FYI on Karen Gillan (Amy Pond): She has a show on ABC called "Selfie." It sounds horrible but, at least in the pilot, her character is overly sexualised. Kind of like an internet version of Sex In The City.
[Reply]
Mojo Jojo 10:54 PM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Here's an FYI on Karen Gillan (Amy Pond): She has a show on ABC called "Selfie." It sounds horrible but, at least in the pilot, her character is overly sexualised. Kind of like an internet version of Sex In The City.
Actually it's a modern version of "Pygmalion" and "My Fair Lady"
[Reply]
listopencil 11:27 PM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo:
Actually it's a modern version of "Pygmalion" and "My Fair Lady"
Sure, I could see that now that I think about it.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:35 AM 10-03-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I really wish Eccelston had more than one season. My suspicion is that the first reboot season is so beloved by fans mostly for Rose Tyler, but Eccelston too made me keep watching.
Rose Tyler was awful during the first season. Eccelston did a good job and I wished he could of done more. He doesn't hate Dr. Who, just the people involved but he won't name which people.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:13 PM 10-04-2014
Damn it I have a hard time understanding these British and Scottish bastards.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:24 PM 10-04-2014
OK...

Spoiler!

...and...

Spoiler!

Bothersome.

[Reply]
Valiant 09:44 AM 10-05-2014
I will smack you so hard you will regenerate.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:49 AM 10-05-2014
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I will smack you so hard you will regenerate.

Yeah, that made me giggle. Also:

"Is it as chicken?"

"No-o-o-o!"

[Reply]
stumppy 07:13 PM 10-11-2014
JFC She is one of the hottest women on television !:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 08:14 PM 10-11-2014
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I have tried to watch this show from time to time (get it ha ha) and it must be bad timing (he he) but it just seems to be rather silly. This is a good example of what I am talking about. "This is my spoon!". :-)

He then proceeds to kick Robin Hood's ass with the spoon though.

[Reply]
Page 58 of 70
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Up