ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 185
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:59 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he's no frank clark
I guess if your initial and unnecessarily pessimistic conclusion is that everyone sucks, you may be pleasantly surprised at times. How about that?
[Reply]
poolboy 09:09 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I guess if your initial and unnecessarily pessimistic conclusion is that everyone sucks, you may be pleasantly surprised at times. How about that?
it was a joke
[Reply]
Bump 09:13 PM 08-13-2022
At first I was like "looks more like a good 3-4 DE" and now I'm like double digit sack rookie season book it.
[Reply]
Chieftain 09:18 PM 08-13-2022
Karlaftis was impressive for sure. I am surprised by how fast and powerful he is. Has All Pro potential and this is no exageration. Eye test doesn't lie.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 PM 08-13-2022
Good highlight video on George today. Looks like he tipped a pass too

https://youtu.be/-6sP89M5vxg
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:22 PM 08-13-2022
Jones and George are going to create a lot of pressure. It should give Clark plenty of chances to get sacks, so I hope he is ready. Spags has a ton of options with blitz packages as well. We just have to be patient, it might take some time for it to come together. When it does all click, this defense could be dominant.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:58 PM 08-13-2022
I said double digit sacks for this guy his rookie year and got laughed at.

Suck my dick.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:12 PM 08-13-2022
-George had the best outing by any rookie today by a lot.

-He's going down as a first round gem. PFF had him as their #10 overall pick at, we snagged him at #30. I'm absolutely loving it.

- One sack, two QB hits, a tipped ball, and maybe played a full quarter. On Field's scramble George was a half a step away from sacking him there too. I'm very impressed.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:16 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Jones and George are going to create a lot of pressure. It should give Clark plenty of chances to get sacks, so I hope he is ready. Spags has a ton of options with blitz packages as well. We just have to be patient, it might take some time for it to come together. When it does all click, this defense could be dominant.
Yes

Not to mention the secondary as a whole may be much improved. If we can get pressure with just four then it takes a ton of pressure off Mahomes and the offense. This may be the best TEAM in franchise history if that defense can lock down opposing offenses.

Mahomes has never had an elite defense to lean on. This may be it, plus it's a young defense overall.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:16 PM 08-13-2022
He's the biggest takeaway from the first preseason game for me.

I absolutely loved him, and I honestly didn't think he'd look this good this fast.

He just does all the little things so well, and people really underestimate his upside/athleticism. With the weight he lost, while maintaining that strength, he looks like a force immediately.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:19 PM 08-13-2022
He's pretty much exactly what Bert said he would be. Not sure how that's surprising at all.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:20 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I absolutely loved him, and I honestly didn't think he'd look this good this fast.

He just does all the little things so well, and people really underestimate his upside/athleticism. With the weight he lost, while maintaining that strength, he looks like a force immediately.
BUT TEH SHORT ARMS

OH THE HUGE MANATEE
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:26 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

He's a very unique talent. He is explosive, yet very twitchy. If GM is looking strictly for a pass rusher who fits the mold of past legends then it's easy to overlook George. That's exactly what happened. His unique style of play, a non-typical style, is why we were able to get him in the first place. Spags said it all in his phone call.

Also, his motor is next level. Him and Pacheco will offer a noticable spark to both sides of the ball just in the way they go about their business. It's exactly what this team needed.

Big hats off to Veach and co.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:29 PM 08-13-2022
Early last season when we got off to the slow start and our defense was a dumpster fire, I remember looking up the best mid-first round DEs and this guy immediately caught my eye. At the time it appeared he might go too early for us to get him without a trade up. Which we ended up doing for McDuffie and fortunately still got Karlaftis with 30. It worked out so damn well.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:33 PM 08-13-2022
He looked better than Frank Clark has ever looked here. Dude was whipping those tackles uh and looked more dominate than Frank ever has.

This kid is going to be a stud. This may be the best draft class of Veach's career and that's saying something.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 185
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up