ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 253 of 319
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:34 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's signing with the Giants
Hes visiting the Giants.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:37 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Yasir Durant is huge and supposedly powerful. He makes the 53 man for the entire season as an UDFA.

Dude has a chance to develop into a starter this year or next.
He was one of the better tackles in the SEC - at least when it came to sacks and pressures allowed. That could've come down to scheme at Mizzou however.

I'm just not sure Durant is the long term answer for the Chiefs. I'd think they'd see him as their third tackle. I'm trying to remember if he played guard at Mizzou at all and I don't think he did. So, I don't think he has the versatility that the Chiefs look for in their backup lineman.

It's going to be pretty interesting over these next few days to see what Veach's plan truly is. I would think they will sign a tackle, especially since they were in the 100M+ category for Williams. I just don't want them to reach or over pay a Reif or Villanueva
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:56 AM 03-18-2021
The tackle folks aren't talking about on our roster is Prince-Tego. A natural LT with tons of talent and potential but had injuries. If he could stay healthy could he be our developmental LT? He's already in the system and is probably every bit as good as anyone who will fall to 31 tbh. His college reviews were up there with Niang for sure so it's worth thinking about.
[Reply]
TEX 01:03 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Right now I want Juju and Justin Houston or Carlos Dunlap
Fuck Justin Houston..
[Reply]
staylor26 01:05 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The tackle folks aren't talking about on our roster is Prince-Tego. A natural LT with tons of talent and potential but had injuries. If he could stay healthy could he be our developmental LT? He's already in the system and is probably every bit as good as anyone who will fall to 31 tbh. His college reviews were up there with Niang for sure so it's worth thinking about.
Yea Tega Wanogho doesn’t get enough attention in these LT conversations. He has legit starting LT upside, but he obviously needed some development first. He now has a year under his belt, and should be legit competition if the Chiefs were to draft a LT.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:10 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea Tega Wanogho doesn’t get enough attention in these LT conversations. He has legit starting LT upside, but he obviously needed some development first. He now has a year under his belt, and should be legit competition if the Chiefs were to draft a LT.
Really?

I respect your opinion...tell us a lot more about why you made this statement.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:15 PM 03-18-2021
New TV deals are done, money is doubling

Forget the cap, this thing is fixing to blow up
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:15 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Really?

He started 32 games at Auburn in the SEC after playing only one year of high school football.

The potential is definitely there and now, it's up to the Chiefs to coach him up.
[Reply]
jettio 02:34 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He just never seemed strong or athletic enough for LT. I hope I'm wrong and a year with the Chiefs did wonders for him.
Maybe it was a little due to COVID training camp, but I was impressed that he made the 53 and not the practice squad and the couple times he played offensive snaps, seemed like he did his job.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:01 PM 03-18-2021
I bet agreeing with this poster made you need a bath.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:09 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I bet agreeing with this poster made you need a bath.
I forgot this moron still posts here!!!..he's so irrelevant around here i guess that's easy to do :-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:11 PM 03-18-2021
I forgot this moron still posts here!!!..he's so irrelevant around here i guess that's easy to do :-)
Whatever tigger.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:15 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Really?

Many in the draft community had this guy as a day 2 pick. He has the size and athleticism/traits that you look for in a LT, and some solid tape in the SEC.

Like Dane said, he hasn’t been playing football for very long, so he’s for sure a little raw, but the starting LT upside is there.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:22 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He started 32 games at Auburn in the SEC after playing only one year of high school football.

The potential is definitely there and now, it's up to the Chiefs to coach him up.
Many in the draft community had this guy as a day 2 pick. He has the size and athleticism/traits that you look for in a LT, and some solid tape in the SEC.

Like Dane said, he hasn’t been playing football for very long, so he’s for sure a little raw, but the starting LT upside is there.
Interesting.

I’ll keep an eye on him.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:34 PM 03-18-2021
Maybe but he sure didn't have the reviews Niang did. He severely lacked technique (the reason he was a day 3 pick) and playing in the NFL at tackle requires quick feet and great technique. He has the athletic profile. Whether he ever catches up with the rest is another thing.
[Reply]
Page 253 of 319
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303 > Last »
Up