Page 7 of 275
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:30 PM 04-24-2024
Version 2024 - PATRICK MAHOMES & THE HUNT FOR THE THREEPEAT

Let's ****ing do this.

Originally Posted by :
Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. These separate threads will be made as soon as the news breaks, outside of this thread. I will link the threads below. Pure knee-jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here are our picks:

Round 1, #28: Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: C.J. Hanson

Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2023 Draft thread here
View the 2022 Draft thread here
View the 2021 Draft thread here
View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:38 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
:-) :-) Okay, why do the Chargers want Latham over Alt? Just because he's a right tackle? Then trade down you ****ing morons :-)
Mel Kipers been selling this for months now. But many Have Latham graded higher than Alt. But I agree why take a RT that high.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:39 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Just bring back Donovan in that scenario and take BTJ
Yeah, fuck all that. Donovan Smith wasn't very good at all down the stretch and couldn't even play for over a month.

Not to mention he was one of the worst players in a Chiefs uniform during Super Bowl 58. Got his ass beaten like a drum by fucking Chase Young.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 07:40 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That seems like our best option. We are not getting a long term solution at LT at 32 or trading away way too much to move up to get one. Taking a WR seems like a no-brainer.
I don't think the Rice situation will alter Veach's draft approach. The last time KC knee-jerk reacted to a WR in legal trouble, we ended up with Hardman.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:44 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Mel Kipers been selling this for months now. But many Have Latham graded higher than Alt. But I agree why take a RT that high.
Not to mention Thuney being a potential cap casualty. The Chiefs save 16 million cutting him next offseason.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:44 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
Except in the long run that hurts us. Donovan would be at best a one year bandaid and then next year we would be looking at paying or replacing LT, Center, and LG plus Bolton.
We have the 2nd rounder from the Sneed trade. Thatll get us a G. We will sign Creed. Let Smith walk and draft his replacement.

Theyll sign Bolton. I dont see him getting big money in FA.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:45 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Not to mention Thuney being a potential cap casualty. The Chiefs save 16 million cutting him next offseason.
Which pays for Bolton.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:46 AM 04-25-2024
Which pays for Bolton.
Okay. So you're replacing LT, LG, and RG in one offseason. After paying Creed 20+ million.

That's fucking insanity.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:50 AM 04-25-2024
We have the 2nd rounder from the Sneed trade. Thatll get us a G. We will sign Creed. Let Smith walk and draft his replacement.

Theyll sign Bolton. I dont see him getting big money in FA.
What 2nd round pick is that?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:51 AM 04-25-2024
Okay. So you're replacing LT, LG, and RG in one offseason. After paying Creed 20+ million.

That's fucking insanity.
I’m expecting an IOL in the mid rounds this year to potentially start next year.

I’d be surprised if it didn’t happen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:51 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m expecting an IOL in the mid rounds this year to potentially start next year.

I’d be surprised if it didn’t happen.
Even so. That's 3 new starters in front of Mahomes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:53 AM 04-25-2024
Oh I see. You’re saying that under the assumption we don’t find a LT in this draft.

Yeah, that would be troubling.

If we have to pick between a LT and BTJ, LT is the right pick (depending on the player obviously). This place will get ugly though.
[Reply]
O.city 08:07 AM 04-25-2024
They've had to remake the WR group on the fly at times. It happens.

If those interior OL are all wanting to be paid that much....yeah, some are getting replaced.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 08:12 AM 04-25-2024
Chiefs trade up for Amarius Mims (T)
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:13 AM 04-25-2024
Shout out to Dante for these threads he does for us every year! I know it must take a lot of time and energy to do it all. :-)

Thank you!
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 08:14 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Schraeger is very plugged in with the Chiefs.
He got ONE pick right last year in the 1st round...
[Reply]
Page 7 of 275
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up