ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Seth Keysor: The Grim Reaper and the Perfect Game
BigRedChief 11:18 PM 01-25-2022
I thought the perfect game was impossible.

I have charted every snap by a Chiefs quarterback (with one or two games missing) since the beginning of the 2013 season. That’s not a brag, it’s more an admission of sickness. I know that the way stats are tabulated has serious holes in determining how well a quarterback played in a given game (or two, or three, or more), and I cannot help myself. I have to know how Kansas City’s quarterback actually performed.

I’ve charted great games and I’ve charted bad games. I’ve charted non-Chiefs quarterbacks as a frame of reference. The goal is always to find a way to isolate the things that actually measure quarterback play (accuracy, good decisions, pocket presence, etc.) and quantify it as best we can.

And on the way, one thing has always been true; No matter how well a quarterback performed, there was always room for considerable improvement. There was no such thing as the perfect game.

I’m not sure that’s true anymore. Because on Sunday, against the Buffalo Bills, Patrick Mahomes played the closest thing to a perfect game that I’ve ever seen from an NFL quarterback (including him) in nearly a decade of doing this job. Let’s talk about that.

The rest at the Free link released by Seth full of links, videos etc.
https://mnchiefsfan.substack.com/p/t...e-perfect-game
[Reply]
DRM08 01:28 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
Again, this is why I think Bills coach is being unfairly criticized for not squibing it. Though that narrative seems to be dying down.
I don't think the kickoff was a mistake. Deep coverage on the Tyreek play was fine. The big mistake was choosing to let Kelce have a free release. They needed to mug the crap out of him.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:42 AM 01-26-2022
But Mahomes was perfect. What's better than perfect?
They were both perfect...but Mahomes in an alien. There is not one thing Allen could do different in the final minutes...he scored the go ahead on 4th down with :13 seconds left...that's bad-ass. That's play-off legend building shit on a normal night..

I just thought it should be pointed out...I was super impressed. I was expecting him to cave under the bright lights and the crowd noise.
[Reply]
eDave 01:45 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
They were both perfect...but Mahomes in an alien. There is not one thing Allen could do different in the final minutes...he scored the go ahead on 4th down with :13 seconds left...that's bad-ass. That's legend building shit on a normal night..

I just thought it should be pointed out...I was super impressed. I was expecting him to cave under the bright lights and the crowd noise.
Pat's level of difficulty was higher. That dude "played" much better and without the benefit of blown coverages. But the narrative had to go on.

Allen was nails and gets no disrespect from me. And he seems like a down to earth dude. I dig that. People bag on him for game-to-game inconsistency but I think that should be put to rest. The guy got exponentially better having just played these post season games the way he did.

Mahomes sprinting over to him and bear hugging him after the game was tits.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:05 AM 01-26-2022
Pat's level of difficulty was higher. That dude "played" much better and without the benefit of blown coverages. But the narrative had to go on.

Allen was nails and gets no disrespect from me. And he seems like a down to earth dude. I dig that.
Mahomes is the greatest QB I've ever seen...he just won a game that was unwinnable....at least by any rational standard. We are learning that "rational" doesn't apply to him...it's like he's immune to predefined expectations.

I dont even know how to quantify it...Picasso was an assassin...I see similar yet very different correlations. Touched...and to the average viewer...unfairly so. Like the universe unfolds differently for them...
[Reply]
eDave 02:09 AM 01-26-2022
Mahomes is the greatest QB I've ever seen...he just won a game that was unwinnable....at least by any rational standard. We are learning that "rational" doesn't apply to him...it's like he's immune to it.
Not squibbing to Patrick with 13 seconds changed how the game is going to be played going forward in and of itself. At least against us.

#gamefilm
[Reply]
DRM08 02:13 AM 01-26-2022
Mahomes is the greatest QB I've ever seen...he just won a game that was unwinnable....at least by any rational standard. We are learning that "rational" doesn't apply to him...it's like he's immune to it.

I dont even know how to quantify it...Picasso was an assassin...I see similar yet very different correlations. Touched...and to the average viewer...unfairly so. Like the universe unfolds for them differently..
None of the other GOAT quarterbacks have pulled off that one. 13 seconds is pure insanity. We saw another franchise QB in Dallas with a $40M salary make the mistake of running out the clock on his own team.
[Reply]
eDave 02:15 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
None of the other GOAT quarterbacks have pulled off that one. 13 seconds is pure insanity. We saw another franchise QB in Dallas with a $40M salary make the mistake of running out the clock on his own team.
I don't think people appreciate the contrast between those 2 moments enough. Incredible opposition to each other. Think about how fast that 14 seconds ticked off during that clusterfuck.

And a reminder: We did it in 10 seconds.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:21 AM 01-26-2022
I don't think people appreciate the contrast between those 2 moments enough. Incredible opposition to each other. Think about how fast that 14 seconds ticked off during that cluster****.
Can't help but wonder what Jerry Jones was thinking as he watched the Chiefs' clock management compared to his own team. I guess you can blame McCarthy to an extent, but some of that has to fall on Prescott too. And Jerry is the one who signed off on a deal that paid Prescott $75M this year.
[Reply]
eDave 02:24 AM 01-26-2022
Can't help but wonder what Jerry Jones was thinking as he watched the Chiefs' clock management compared to his own team. I guess you can blame McCarthy to an extent, but some of that has to fall on Prescott too. And Jerry is the one who signed off on a deal that paid Prescott $75M this year.
Jerry Jones doesn't remember what he was thinking. And it's 100% on DAK. He's on the field. Generaling.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:24 AM 01-26-2022
Not squibbing to Patrick with 13 seconds changed how the game is going to be played going forward in and of itself. At least against us.

#gamefilm
That's people desperately trying to frame/quantify what they just witnessed...it's really unfair to the Bills coaches.

Yes..if they had known Mahomes was going to pull off the greatest sequence in the history of the playoffs...they, retrospectively, might has done things differently. It wasn't like this was a massive gaffe...

It was a once in a lifetime thing...or with Mahomes...a common occurrence.
[Reply]
eDave 02:27 AM 01-26-2022
That's people desperately trying to frame/quantify what they just witnessed...it's really unfair to the Bills coaches.

Yes..if they had known Mahomes was going to pull off the greatest sequence in the history of the playoffs...they, retrospectively, might has done things differently. It wasn't like this massive gaffe...

It was a once in a lifetime thing...or with Mahomes...a common occurrence.
You know, I saw the time, the timeouts, and turned to the CP'r I was watching with and mentioned how calm I felt about it. It was the perfect situation, in that situation and I recognized how confident I was at the time. Felt like I called my shot. Cool stuff.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:43 AM 01-26-2022
The Buffalo pass rusher was actually getting some legit pressure on Mahomes. If he holds that ball just a little longer, it's a sack or a completely busted play and the Bills win the game. He got rid of it just in time with a perfect throw to setup an easy catch & run for Kelce.

That's gotta be pretty heartbreaking for Buffalo folks. Mahomes even got knocked to the ground by the pass rusher with no penalty (obviously not a late hit), which seems like pretty strong evidence that they were as close as they could get to killing that play.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:47 AM 01-26-2022
The Buffalo pass rusher was actually getting some legit pressure on Mahomes. If he holds that ball just a little longer, it's a sack or a completely busted play and the Bills win the game. He got rid of it just in time with a perfect throw to setup an easy catch & run for Kelce.

That's gotta be pretty heartbreaking for Buffalo folks. Mahomes even got knocked to the ground by the pass rusher with no penalty (obviously not a late hit), which seems like pretty strong evidence that they were as close as they could get to killing that play.
What about that 4th down where Allen scrambles for the first...the one where the DT jumps in the air. He should have been sacked..

The game was over...until it wasn't.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:53 AM 01-26-2022
What about that 4th down where Allen scrambles for the first...the one where the DT jumps in the air. He should have been sacked..

The game was over...until it wasn't.
Allen was clutch as hell. He did everything you could ask the QB to do and then some. It was almost enough, but it turns out 13 seconds is too much time to leave Mahomes/Kelce/Tyreek/Andy.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:27 AM 01-26-2022
The thing I can't get over is that if the Bills just play their normal defense, the game's over. There's no way we get 44 yards on two plays in 10 seconds.

The Bills literally played the perfect defense to allow Mahomes to get the ball out of his hands instantly and pick up chunk yardage. All because they were terrified of Hill.

It's like one of those monkey's paw fables, where you try so hard to avoid the bad thing that you somehow cause it to happen. Whereas if you'd just never made a wish in the first place, you'd be fine.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up