ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Seth Keysor: The Grim Reaper and the Perfect Game
BigRedChief 11:18 PM 01-25-2022
I thought the perfect game was impossible.

I have charted every snap by a Chiefs quarterback (with one or two games missing) since the beginning of the 2013 season. That’s not a brag, it’s more an admission of sickness. I know that the way stats are tabulated has serious holes in determining how well a quarterback played in a given game (or two, or three, or more), and I cannot help myself. I have to know how Kansas City’s quarterback actually performed.

I’ve charted great games and I’ve charted bad games. I’ve charted non-Chiefs quarterbacks as a frame of reference. The goal is always to find a way to isolate the things that actually measure quarterback play (accuracy, good decisions, pocket presence, etc.) and quantify it as best we can.

And on the way, one thing has always been true; No matter how well a quarterback performed, there was always room for considerable improvement. There was no such thing as the perfect game.

I’m not sure that’s true anymore. Because on Sunday, against the Buffalo Bills, Patrick Mahomes played the closest thing to a perfect game that I’ve ever seen from an NFL quarterback (including him) in nearly a decade of doing this job. Let’s talk about that.

The rest at the Free link released by Seth full of links, videos etc.
https://mnchiefsfan.substack.com/p/t...e-perfect-game
[Reply]
Katie 11:27 PM 01-25-2022
Well, that just brings tears to my eyes! We are the fortunate ones to have him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:45 PM 01-25-2022
Great read. Thanks for posting.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:14 AM 01-26-2022
for just $99.95 per month - premium content!
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:15 AM 01-26-2022
Just kidding thank you BRC and Seth is very sweet and does a nice job.
[Reply]
eDave 12:19 AM 01-26-2022
But Allen was the better QB. /s
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:25 AM 01-26-2022
Kellerman, for all his foibles doing the best [even better than Wright] giving Mahomes props.

Said Allen trying to best Mahomes is like watching Mickelson chase Tiger.

Said it's like watching the Avengers, where Allen is the maximization of human potential like Captain America, and Mahomes has Super Powers like Thanos.

Then said the calm and poise of Brady, with the touch of Rodgers and the improv of Favre, without the turnovers.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:26 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Kellerman, for all his foibles doing the best [even better than Wright] giving Mahomes props.

Said Allen trying to best Mahomes is like watching Mickelson chase Tiger.

Said it's like watching the Avengers, where Allen is the maximization of human potential like Captain America, and Mahomes has Super Powers like Thanos.

Then said the calm and poise of Brady, with the touch of Rodgers and the improv of Favre, without the turnovers.
I think Kellerman does a bang-up job, I enjoy him as much as anyone I guess.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:06 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Just kidding thank you BRC and Seth is very sweet and does a nice job.
What kind of heathen do you think I am, Cave Johnson?
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:10 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What kind of heathen do you think I am, Cave Johnson?
I was trying to make a Warpaint joke, it's dated and not funny now, I don't think.
[Reply]
eDave 01:16 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I was trying to make a Warpaint joke, it's dated and not funny now, I don't think.
What's great here is your intent.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:18 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
But Allen was the better QB. /s
Allen was nails...he is a much better QB than in 2020. He essentially had 2 4th quarter comebacks in a span of like a minute and a half....in the biggest game of his life. He converted several 4th down "season on the line" conversions... he was technically perfect.

Against mortal QBs...he wins that 99 out of 100.

Mahomes is charmed...that's all there is to it...he's been charmed since day one. It is a SUPER rare thing...he just keeps doing this over and over...so it wasn't a fluke. This was his finest magic act to date.

Bills fans have to pulling their hair...trying to figure out how to explain the explainable. If the Bills were in the NFC...they would going to the SB.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:23 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Allen was nails...he is a much better QB than in 2020. He essentially had 2 4th quarter comebacks in a span of like a minute and a half....in the biggest game of his life.

Maybe more like 100/100. The 13 second comeback has never happened before. It was the rarest of rare events.
[Reply]
eDave 01:23 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Allen was nails...he is a much better QB than in 2020. He essentially had 2 4th quarter comebacks in a span of like a minute and a half....in the biggest game of his life.

Mahomes is charmed...that's all there is to it...he's been charmed since day one. It is a SUPER rare thing...he just keeps doing this over and over...so it wasn't a fluke. This was his finest magic act to date.

Bills fans have to pulling their hair...trying to figure out how to explain the explainable. If the Bills were in the NFC...they would going to the SB.
But Mahomes was perfect. What's better than perfect?
[Reply]
eDave 01:24 AM 01-26-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Maybe more like 100/100. The 13 second comeback has never happened before. It was the rarest of rare events.
Again, this is why I think Bills coach is being unfairly criticized for not squibbing it. Though that narrative seems to be dying down.

And the OT whining has ceased already.

Solid, well deserved win. I have NO doubts now. Kinda surreal.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up