ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which direction should we go with our Buffalo friends?
Respectful and Fun Rivalry 79 53.38%
Eat Shit and Die Forever, Buffalo 54 36.49%
Send Gaz up to Buffalo to sort it out 15 10.14%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>We Need to Make Amends with Our Friends in Buffalo
notorious 02:42 PM 01-25-2022
Bills fans are one of the most similar fan bases to ours in the NFL. They have suffered just as we have, only we have finally gotten our release and relief.

I respect them, and if you read our posts we sounded EXACTLY like them when Mahomes was beginning his tear.

They have started a thread complimenting our crowd at the game Sunday, but they also correctly state we are toxic as fuck here. I have a chuckle about it just like the next guy, but I think it's time to move on.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...ad-atmosphere/

We can have a fun or bitter rivalry, the power is all within our hands.

What say you?
[Reply]
eDave 06:26 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Or embrace it. :-)
Oh, I can get into that zone real easy.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:37 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
I think if people think you are an asshole, take those opportunities to show you aren't.
I like it dave. =)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:39 PM 01-25-2022
Lived in Rochester for 4 years. Can confirm the shit we'd wear in bad weather. Still do it here too, in fact. Buffalo fans are incredibly cool. Patriots fans are just smug. Probably like us nowadays TBH. JETS FANS ARE THE FUCKING DIRT WORST, THOUGH. FUCK THEM ALL.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:42 PM 01-25-2022
You guys remember how we dreaded facing the fucking Colts in the playoffs. We're now that to the Bills.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:44 PM 01-25-2022
Buffalo & Kansas City lead local NFL tv rankings.

It's perfectly fitting that the greatest weekend in sports history crescendoed the way it did. Twenty-five points scored after the final 2-minute warning. Two quarterbacks, both younger than 27, combining to generate 820 yards, eight touchdowns, and zero turnovers. It was TV you couldn't stop watching if you tried, played by the two most-fervently watched teams in football.

In the final minutes of the Chiefs' 42-36 overtime slaying of the Bills, 90 percent of the TVs turned on in Kansas City and Buffalo were watching the game. (The obvious follow-up: what were the other 10 percent doing?)

Now consider the following: the Super Bowl -- the biggest cultural phenomenon we have in this country -- draws a rating in the mid-to-low 40s. In Kansas City and Buffalo, the average Chiefs or Bills game outdraws that.

That data is courtesy of Sports Business Journal, who on Monday published the local TV data from all 32 teams for the 2021 regular season. On the whole, the league saw a 10 percent jump from 2020 to '21, and 21 of the league's 32 teams were up in local viewership versus last season.
Originally Posted by :
To put this into context, I've interspersed these local TV ratings rankings with the national ratings for other major sporting events. Keep in mind these are average ratings.

1. Buffalo -- 47.16
2. Kansas City -- 45.28

Super Bowl LIV: 41.6

3. Green Bay -- 41.57
4. New Orleans -- 40.89
5. Pittsburgh -- 36.24
6. Cleveland -- 35.19
7. New England -- 31.47
8. Seattle -- 31.41
9. Dallas -- 29.55
10. Minnesota -- 28.89
11. Cincinnati -- 28.85
12. Baltimore -- 27.91
13. Tennessee -- 26.32
14. Denver -- 25.89
15. Philadelphia -- 25.41
16. Indianapolis -- 24.31

2020 NFC Championship: 23.1
17. Chicago -- 22.15

2016 World Series Game 7: 21.8

18. Tampa Bay -- 21.76
19. Detroit -- 20.92
20. Arizona -- 20.87
21. Jacksonville -- 19.67
22. Carolina -- 19.14
23. San Francisco -- 18.69
24. Washington -- 16.64
25. Las Vegas -- 16.22

2016 NBA Finals Game 7: 15.8
2022 CFP National Championship: 15.6

26. Atlanta -- 14.52
27. Houston -- 12.26
28. Miami -- 11.84

2019 March Madness national championship: 11.6

29. LA Rams -- 10.52
30. LA Chargers -- 8.49
31. NY Giants -- 8.39

2019 Academy Awards: 7.7

32. NY Jets -- 7.12

New York and Los Angeles occupy the final four spots, seemingly indifferent to football (or at least to their local teams) compared to the rest of the country. But even in NYC and LA, where they follow the entertainment business like they follow the NFL in Kansas City and Buffalo, the local teams out-rate the Oscars -- the Super Bowl of Showbiz -- nationally.

Well, all the local teams except the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:48 PM 01-25-2022
Unless someone is talking mad shit, I don't think there's any reason to be a dick to any fan bases. Except faider and donkey fans. Fuck those guys
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:48 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I have two friends from my Army days who are Bills fans; one guy texted me on Sunday morning and said it’s going to be an awesome game, and both our fanbases are finally witnessing elite teams playing a meaningful game. Cool my brother. We agreed, W or L ; respect.

The other dude hit me up after they smoked the Patriots in WC round and said— “You’re not so confident now, are you? Could be closer to what Week 5 looked like than you want to admit. Don’t worry— I won’t rub it in if (when) we beat the Chiefs.”

In the last two days he’s ignored me on text, and gone on a Facebook rant declaring in all caps MAHOMES AND THE CHIEFS ARE NOT BETTER THAN ALLEN AND THE BILLS— THEY GOT LUCKY AND WON BECAUSE OF A COIN TOSS. ALLEN OUTPLAYED MAHOMES IN BOTH GAMES HEAD TO HEAD THIS YEAR; DEBATE SETTLED. I didn’t engage, but all the Buffalo fans were raging along with him.

I suppose we felt that way in 2019, so I let that shit ride. It’s a gut wrenching loss, and I get the anger. But honestly I never bitched about the OT rules and it didn’t even occur to me until I was listening to ESPN the next morning. They are what they are.

We have little wiggle room to judge other fanbases, because CP can be cockbags x 10 to the 23rd power when we’re feeling it. In light of that I voted respectful rivalry because Buffalo knows suffering...I reserve my hatred for Denver, Indianapolis, LV and New England; they can eat a dick for all eternity, and I shit in their dead mouths.
:-) fair and balanced, perfectly told story
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:54 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Unless someone is talking mad shit, I don't think there's any reason to be a dick to any fan bases. Except faider and donkey fans. Fuck those guys
Agreed. I'm pretty cool with any fan as long as they aren't a shit talking douche.
My best friend growing up that got me into football was a huge Donk fan... and some of my other good friends have grown up Raiders fans.

I work every day with Giants/Bills/Pats fans, (Do Jets have any fans?) and we get along great without being shit talking dicks.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:56 PM 01-25-2022
Dildos being thrown at Tom Brady at the Patriots.

I will forever respect them for doing what had to be done.
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:06 PM 01-25-2022
Heard on the news that 50 million Americans 1/7th of the country's entire population was tuned in to the last two minutes and OT of the game. Biggest TV audience for a sporting event since last years Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:09 PM 01-25-2022
Every place I've gone the last two days ,because I wear a Chiefs cap all the time plus people that know me are like , DID YOU SEE THAT GAME.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:11 PM 01-25-2022
Man I've always felt bad for Buffalo fans.

"The Sabres, along with the Canucks, are the longest continuously running active NHL franchises to have never won the Stanley Cup. The Sabres have the longest active playoff drought in the NHL, at ten seasons, tying an NHL record."

[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:17 PM 01-25-2022
After decades of Bills fans acting like assholes in our stadium and now we are supposed to give them quarter after a bad loss? Nope!

Fuck them and their entire team.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:29 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Lived in Rochester for 4 years. Can confirm the shit we'd wear in bad weather. Still do it here too, in fact. Buffalo fans are incredibly cool. Patriots fans are just smug. Probably like us nowadays TBH. JETS FANS ARE THE FUCKING DIRT WORST, THOUGH. FUCK THEM ALL.
My wife's family is from Syracuse, and I've been there several times over the years (the last time being Christmas of 2019). While things may have changed due to Buffalo's vast recent improvement, during all the time I spent there, I saw exactly zero people sporting Bills gear. Not one. Just Syracuse orange and nothing else. I've asked several of the wife's relatives about it. None of them gave a crap about the Bills in particular or the NFL in general.

They all damn sure knew who I rooted for, though. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:54 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
I think if people think you are an asshole, take those opportunities to show you aren't.
Amen brother !!

Luke 6:27-36

Love for Enemies

27 “But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. 28 Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. 30 Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back. 31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you.

32 “If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! 33 And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much! 34 And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, why should you get credit? Even sinners will lend to other sinners for a full return.

35 “Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. 36 You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up