ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which direction should we go with our Buffalo friends?
Respectful and Fun Rivalry 79 53.38%
Eat Shit and Die Forever, Buffalo 54 36.49%
Send Gaz up to Buffalo to sort it out 15 10.14%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>We Need to Make Amends with Our Friends in Buffalo
notorious 02:42 PM 01-25-2022
Bills fans are one of the most similar fan bases to ours in the NFL. They have suffered just as we have, only we have finally gotten our release and relief.

I respect them, and if you read our posts we sounded EXACTLY like them when Mahomes was beginning his tear.

They have started a thread complimenting our crowd at the game Sunday, but they also correctly state we are toxic as fuck here. I have a chuckle about it just like the next guy, but I think it's time to move on.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...ad-atmosphere/

We can have a fun or bitter rivalry, the power is all within our hands.

What say you?
[Reply]
Spott 04:20 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'm constantly over there still reminding them there's a new Sherriff in town. We had to put up with twenty years of their arrogance. Now it's pay back time. I'm actually creating a culture of Hatred for Mahomes and the Chiefs organization over there. **** those Bastards! Why ?? Because now every time we host the AFCCG and go to the SB, it pisses them off and I love it!

And the Bills have been to more SB's than we have. Not our fault they lost them all. :-)
IIRC, they went to 5 AFCCG’s in six seasons, and would have gone to six in a row if one of their receiver’s didn’t drop a wide open pass for a game clinching TD against the Browns in the divisional playoffs. It’s not like they didn’t have their chances and are truly cursed like the Lions or Browns.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:21 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its reeeally hard to believe that was actually a thing for a short time

You guys are cheering too loud, please be quiet... we appreciate your cooperation! :-)
Can you imagine if a QB tried that today? They'd get raked over the coals by just about everyone (except for one idiot who'd write something like crowd noise = toxic fandom or something ridiculous).
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:22 PM 01-25-2022
Meh, eat shit and die
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:23 PM 01-25-2022
A good friend of mines favorite saying "Fuck you, I've got enough friends"
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:23 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Can you imagine if a QB tried that today? They'd get raked over the coals by just about everyone (except for one idiot who'd write something like crowd noise = toxic fandom or something ridiculous).
I recall those days, man the league was talking about fining teams if the crowd was too loud, and maybe even making a team forfeit the game if the refs didn't think the crowd was cooperating IIRC... complete LUNACY
[Reply]
DRM08 04:26 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
Exactly! No one is talking about Allen going up against an OK secondary, which got worser during the game.
If Mahomes was throwing to guys that were open by 10+ yards, we would never hear the end of it. His entire career we have been hearing that type of crap.

Allen is a great player and took full advantage of a weak secondary. He did an awesome job under playoff pressure with a hostile crowd making communication tougher on him and his OL/teammates. He made some very clutch plays in the 4th quarter to give his team a very strong chance at victory.

Allen is an extremely talented guy and Buffalo should be pretty dang excited about their future with him. Just don't let him get beat up on those designed runs. Cut back on that stuff and help extend his career by avoiding that type of contact more often.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:28 PM 01-25-2022
I recall those days, man the league was talking about fining teams if the crowd was too loud, and maybe even making a team forfeit the game if the refs didn't think the crowd was cooperating IIRC... complete LUNACY
Man. That just does not at all mesh with seeing what football was in that era. Was Elway leading that charge? Jesus I'm still discovering reasons why he sucks.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:29 PM 01-25-2022
Buffalo is going to have a problem protecting him for the next two years. His salary goes to $40 mill year after next. They won't have money for anybody else. And without adequate protection, and with how much they make him run, he could get beat to death like Cam Newton did in Carolina.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:30 PM 01-25-2022
I hated them for the Joe Montana concussion. I hated them for the Stevie Johnson cut block on Eric Berry. They’ll hate us for reminding them we have Mahomes year after year and I’ll love wearing my 13 seconds jersey every time I work in Buffalo now to remind them personally. I’d say it’s grown into a love-hate kind of rivalry. I’m loving it right now!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:32 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Man. That just does not at all mesh with seeing what football was in that era. Was Elway leading that charge? Jesus I'm still discovering reasons why he sucks.
He may have been the guy that got the conversation going, I dont recall specifically... but yeah the league held multiple meetings about it, all the days talking heads were talking about it

Thank God cooler heads prevailed
[Reply]
DRM08 04:33 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Buffalo is going to have a problem protecting him for the next two years. His salary goes to $40 mill year after next. They won't have money for anybody else. And without adequate protection, and with how much they make him run, he could get beat to death like Cam Newton did in Carolina.
The salary cap logic applies with Mahomes too. Allen's contract is pretty team-friendly. I'm sure they will figure out ways to work around it, just as Mahomes' contract is pretty team-friendly.

Now in terms of Cam Newton, Buffalo's coaches and front office are morons if they do not cut back on the number of designed runs for Allen. If he takes off running on a broken pass play, he needs to slide or get out of bounds more often like Mahomes. But the designed run plays from the coaches? That shit needs to stop at some point or they are playing with fire in terms of potential injuries.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 04:33 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If Mahomes was throwing to guys that were open by 10+ yards, we would never hear the end of it. His entire career we have been hearing that type of crap.

Allen is a great player and took full advantage of a weak secondary. He did an awesome job under playoff pressure with a hostile crowd making communication tougher on him and his OL/teammates. He made some very clutch plays in the 4th quarter to give his team a very strong chance at victory.

Allen is an extremely talented guy and Buffalo should be pretty dang excited about their future with him. Just don't let him get beat up on those designed runs. Cut back on that stuff and help extend his career by avoiding that type of contact more often.
Mahomes is good only because Hill and Kelce are so wide open. YAC has nothing to do with ball placement and getting the offense in the correct alignment :-).

Results wise Allen ain't all that, 3-3 in the playoffs does not scream greatness. I still maintain that if he didn't have those extraordinary games against the Patriots (who faded in the end) he wouldn't be hyped this much. It remains to be seen if he can do it consistently in the future and against other strong teams.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:36 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This was from a Bills fan that had traveled here to Arrowhead to see the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good thoughts, but I would like to remind this fan... If Tyrann plays the whole game, and Andy doesn't run it 3 times after the Hill punt return, and Butker doesn't miss 2 kicks, we win in regulation by 2 scores...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:37 PM 01-25-2022
He may have been the guy that got the conversation going, I dont recall specifically... but yeah the league held multiple meetings about it, all the days talking heads were talking about it

Thank God cooler heads prevailed
That is mindblowing to me. I had always thought Elway was the one crybaby about it but was alone in that discussion.

To be honest that whole conversation sounds like something that'd be less surprising to see today than the NFL of the 80's/90's. Wild.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:43 PM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They hate the Patriots as much as we do.

And while we weren't tormented by the Pats as long as they were, the depths of our torture after being infected by Pioli was deeper.

In either event, neither of us would mind if the whole damn franchise was contracted, loaded onto ships and fired into orbit. And Tom Brady with 'em.

I think we're more alike than we are different. If the Bills were in the NFC, I'd have to think we'd love those crazy bastards. If ever the ingredients for a 'friendly' rivalry between mortal enemies existed, this would be it.
Fuck them.

While they were reveling in the 90’s, coming back from 35-3 deficits and going to 4 SB’s, with a genuine HOF franchise QB, HOF franchise RB, franchise WR, HOF DE the Chiefs were losing in the playoffs with scrubs.

And while the Chiefs in the 60’s buried them in the first AFLCG, Buffalo had other worldly success in the 90’s. Granted, that success never culminated with a Lombardi, but it was pretty GD sweet for them.

They were dipshits in the 80’s and 90’s. Today, they are like an entire region of Raymore and independence combined.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up